+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

hilsten

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Finally my wife got the passport request yesterday and hope visa will be issued ... finger crossed ...

My timeline.
23 May'12 - Applied for sponsership
15 Jan'13 - Rejected by New delih
1 Oct'13 - ADR
9 Dec'13 - CPP - O started processing again
07 Apr'14 - Passport request.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Taycaoco said:
Since no one gave me an answer, I called the IAD Registry Office of Montreal to ask them directly.

The waiting time for an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) here in Montreal is 1 year. For a full hearing, the waiting is 3 years. F_ck you Canada, I'm voting for the PQ party tonight (Quebec separatists).
I believe Quebec is on a different Immigration system also than the rest of Canada.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
haritsharma said:
Hello friends my spouse living in Toronto due to refusal by NDVO i will
file a appeal in IAD.please suggest me a Best Lawyer Name Address & fees.Thanx in advance.
You could try the lawyer that put this site up? Mr. Cohen :)

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
hilsten said:
Finally my wife got the passport request yesterday and hope visa will be issued ... finger crossed ...

My timeline.
23 May'12 - Applied for sponsership
15 Jan'13 - Rejected by New delih
1 Oct'13 - ADR
9 Dec'13 - CPP - O started processing again
07 Apr'14 - Passport request.
Woo Hoo hilsten Congratulations Not too long now before the visa is issued. Soooo very happy for you :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :p :p :p :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hilsten

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Thanks DoubleRainbow .. Its very kind of you .. feel like its a dream !!!!

Double Rainbow said:
Woo Hoo hilsten Congratulations Not too long now before the visa is issued. Soooo very happy for you :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :p :p :p :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
hilsten said:
Thanks DoubleRainbow .. Its very kind of you .. feel like its a dream !!!!
Awwwwww You are so welcome ;) :D ;D Yes, I can believe that it feels it's like a dream :D :-* ;)

jaisa

Apr 7, 2014
hi all, i am new to this forum..
please read my sad story.....

i got married in aug 30th 2013.my husband is in canada and now i am in india. my husband applied for spousal work permit on feb 17th 2014. but my application has been refused on march 27th 2014. now my current status in the cic account shows that process closed and has been refused. but my agent was informed that, the will send a letter regarding the reason(s). but it has become 10 days.till this date i haven't received any letter or email. no any way to know the reason.when will i get the letter?whether it is regular mail or via courier?
we are planning to reapply.
is there any chance for fetting the work permit. whether the first refusal will adversly affect the second application.

if anyone faced the same situation please reply me.........i am so disapponited.....please help me..........please

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
mikeymyke said:
Wish you the best Hello121, I've been following your case closely.
Thanks, Mike. Over 3 years in and this all still seems unbelievable to me.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
jaisa said:

i got married in aug 30th 2013.my husband is in canada and now i am in india. my husband applied for spousal work permit on feb 17th 2014. but my application has been refused on march 27th 2014. now my current status in the cic account shows that process closed and has been refused. but my agent was informed that, the will send a letter regarding the reason(s). but it has become 10 days.till this date i haven't received any letter or email. no any way to know the reason.when will i get the letter?whether it is regular mail or via courier?
is there any chance for fetting the work permit. whether the first refusal will adversly affect the second application.

if anyone faced the same situation please reply me.........i am so disapponited.....please help me..........please
Although you are posting in the wrong section of the forum, I will try to point you in why you may have been refused. This is just based on assumptions as you did not post the full story as to when your husband applied/or landed in Canada. Based on the quick refusal I would assume that your husband applied as single, got married, did not inform CIC of his marriage, got his visa, came to Canada, applied for your permit. If my assumption is correct he will not be able to sponsor you under a dependent work permit and even possibly in the future under family sponsorship. Also if my assumption is correct he is in jeopardy of losing his permit and is now at risk of being removed from Canada for misrepresentation.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Not necessarily. It could be a number of other factors like:
1. husband's job is not skilled (i.e. does not fall under NOC O, A or B) therefore his wife would not be eligible for a spousal open work permit.
2. did not include copy of marriage certificate and/or his work permit
3. did not include copy of his study permit (if he's a student)

jomz said:
Although you are posting in the wrong section of the forum, I will try to point you in why you may have been refused. This is just based on assumptions as you did not post the full story as to when your husband applied/or landed in Canada. Based on the quick refusal I would assume that your husband applied as single, got married, did not inform CIC of his marriage, got his visa, came to Canada, applied for your permit. If my assumption is correct he will not be able to sponsor you under a dependent work permit and even possibly in the future under family sponsorship. Also if my assumption is correct he is in jeopardy of losing his permit and is now at risk of being removed from Canada for misrepresentation.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It's hard to comment on the reason for refusal since you don't know yet. Can you ask your husband to call the CIC call centre to find out? They may be able to tell him the reasons.
The refusal letter you will receive will likely just have general reasons. But if you want to know exactly what the officer's concerns were, ask you husband to request your GCMS notes. It costs $5 and you need to sign an authorization form first for CIC to release your records to him. You can not do this yourself, since you are outside Canada.

Here's how he can order the notes: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
This is the form you will need to complete, sign and send him a scanned copy in order for him to get the notes: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp (IMM 5744)

It takes 30 days to receive the notes (if you request electronic files). It is very important to get these notes first before you think about re-applying. They will help you learn what you can do to improve your chances on the second attempt.

jaisa said:

jaisa

Apr 7, 2014
SenoritaBella said:
It's hard to comment on the reason for refusal since you don't know yet. Can you ask your husband to call the CIC call centre to find out? They may be able to tell him the reasons.
The refusal letter you will receive will likely just have general reasons. But if you want to know exactly what the officer's concerns were, ask you husband to request your GCMS notes. It costs $5 and you need to sign an authorization form first for CIC to release your records to him. You can not do this yourself, since you are outside Canada.

Here's how he can order the notes: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
This is the form you will need to complete, sign and send him a scanned copy in order for him to get the notes: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp (IMM 5744)

It takes 30 days to receive the notes (if you request electronic files). It is very important to get these notes first before you think about re-applying. They will help you learn what you can do to improve your chances on the second attempt.
thanks a lot for ur reply.............thank u so....much.....i will tell to my husband for sure

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
hey guys ;)

does any one have good news...........I won my appeal on feb 10th still I haven't got the official letter from iad :'( :'( I don't know how long I had to wait till they request additional info......can anyone share ur timeline after allowed appeal...did u guys first get the decision letter before u hear something from the visa office?pls some one reply

thanks

hilsten

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Call IAD and ask for update .. normal CIC will contact you in two week after recieving the formal letter of appeal.

look at my timeline .. shared in previous posts ..
rathika2011 said:
hey guys ;)

does any one have good news...........I won my appeal on feb 10th still I haven't got the official letter from iad :'( :'( I don't know how long I had to wait till they request additional info......can anyone share ur timeline after allowed appeal...did u guys first get the decision letter before u hear something from the visa office?pls some one reply

thanks

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2013 Exp 5-Mar-2014
Interview........
19-Mar-2014 Rejected (Appealed June 2014)
Passport Req..
Old (20-06-2013) NEW - Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting (Hearing date is August 15th 2016) Succesfull
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello everyone.

I'm new to this appeal thing I never thought I have to go through this but thanks to New Delhi visa office now i'm waiting for my denial letter so we can go for appeal.

My question is for the senior members who know well about appeal thing.

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) & full hearing what are these things and my wife is from Toronto how much time it will take if we are going to appeal?

Or what is the process when you go for appeal?