Interview........
4 Feb 2013 (denied)
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
soon Insha Allah
LANDED..........
soon Insha Allah
Can any body share their full hearing experience..

Newbie01

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2011
Med's Request
06-2012
Interview........
08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Denied 08-2014...appealed September 2012, won full hearing June 2014. Request for documents Aug.2014.
I finally got my Full hearing date for June!!!!
Appealed September 2012 and just received my date...took 1 1/2 years to get a date.
Does anyone know the process after the hearing date?

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
ykcor said:
Stats??
I am reading that there are approximately 50,000 spousal sponsorship cases a year with 10,000 being deemed fraudulent.
Of these, there are about 3,000 appeals, with only a third of these being successful. This came out of the Toronto Star.
Does any one know, are these stats close? Can they be verified?
Thanks
I saw that Tor Star piece (sorry don't have the link but I think it's posted somewhere in this forum, or just Google it) and I believe the refusal rate was actually in the area of 8%, so not quite as bad as the 20% you cite. Appeal success rate sounds about right.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Double Rainbow said:
Welcome to the forum canadianshamrock.Sorry to read of your denial. :'( You will have 30 days from the date of the refusal letter to give notice of appeal. You must submit your refusal letter with the appeal form. You should receive both together with instructions. Here is a wealth of information and support from around the world in the same boat.You should order your Caips notes now. There is another term used for these now also I can't remember exactly GCMS or something like that?This will tell you the visa officer's issues and concerns. This is what you need to address for a resolve through an appeal along with supporting evidence of your relationship/marriage.

the other one is ATIP notes, Double Rainbow
heres the link to order it online
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

you need to pay only $5 for the notes - takes about 3-4 weeks the notes to come & you can order electric notes (email) also

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
can anybody tell me how long it'll take to get a full hearing date in Vancouver?
and after we get the blue book, what we have to do as the next step?
do we have to send them the proofs after that? then within how long? we were refused for the financial ability as my husband was with me for about 71/2 months in my country without earning. so, now he is again in vancouver and doing jobs and earning well.
so i need to know something more than that about it. plzzz share your idea about the time and the procedure
thnx

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
hey guys :D

can u guys tell me if the cpp-o is the office handle all the allowed appeal ? my visa office is in srilanka

I won my appeal on feb 10th decision was given In oral I didn't get the written decision as of yet. Can u guys tell me what will happen and how long it will take?

Hina 123

Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Aug 2010
Med's Request
Not yet
Interview........
4 Feb 2013 (denied)
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
soon Insha Allah
LANDED..........
soon Insha Allah
Im observing tht Govt of canadain getting worst in immigration cases .they r not taking action regarding this matter. Only simpke n one objection IAD giving full hearing instead of ADR n if they give then rejecting ADR n actjng non seriouse attitude . This is totaly bulshit Govt of canadian . Couples r facing worst problems n getting mantaly stress . No boday can take action regarding this matter. Im damn surprise .i wish i could kill president of canada who pass the nill in parliment against this... n left us to die :'(

Mrs- riji

Jan 22, 2014
My husband went for the interview today .and they said that they will send letter aftera month and will ask more questions and then they will decide what to do.... My question is that does anyone know what they r going to ask ....plzzzzzz help

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Newbie01 said:
I finally got my Full hearing date for June!!!!
Appealed September 2012 and just received my date...took 1 1/2 years to get a date.
Does anyone know the process after the hearing date?
That is good to hear. I appealed in Dec. 2012

We applied for my wife to come here in Feb 2011. After 20 months, in Nov. 2012, she had her interview and she was denied. I appealed in Dec. 2012. We moved up plans for having a baby and our daughter was born Aug 2013 in Cambodia (where my wife is).

Still waiting.

The worst thing is a couple days ago, my wife told me that our baby girl is really taking an interest in her uncle (my wife's brother). That was devastatingly heart-breaking. She is probably looking for a 'dad' and might assume it is him. :'(

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
hi i my PR application was refused for misrepresentation as i when filling the form by mistake i didnt mention about my tourist visa for uk was rejected few years back. we applied for sponsorship in 2011 and was refused in 2013 with a ban that i cannot apply for another 2 years. We have filed an appeal i want to know is it worth to hire an lawyer and fight the appeal or wait for 2 years and apply again. since my husband is a canadian citizen he wants to come to srilanka and live with me for 2 years until i get my visa. Please advice

Hayer

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
30-01-2012 Denied July 2012 appeal allowed Nov 2013
Hello121 said:
That is good to hear. I appealed in Dec. 2012

We applied for my wife to come here in Feb 2011. After 20 months, in Nov. 2012, she had her interview and she was denied. I appealed in Dec. 2012. We moved up plans for having a baby and our daughter was born Aug 2013 in Cambodia (where my wife is).

Still waiting.

The worst thing is a couple days ago, my wife told me that our baby girl is really taking an interest in her uncle (my wife's brother). That was devastatingly heart-breaking. She is probably looking for a 'dad' and might assume it is him. :'(
I hear you!! The same is with our daughter........ she tries to find a father figure in my brother-in-law, father and my friends. This whole process is devastating!

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
gango girl said:
the other one is ATIP notes, Double Rainbow
heres the link to order it online
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

you need to pay only $5 for the notes - takes about 3-4 weeks the notes to come & you can order electric notes (email) also
Thankyou gango girl This is the same link that Hayer provided the day previous to yours but thankyou kindly for your help and for your time muaaahhh XO :-* :D ;) 8)

ykcor

Feb 21, 2014
Appeal process.

My wife and I were married in March 2013, and she returned to China early May 2013, and we have been separated since.

My wife went for her PR interview in Beijing Feb. 17th and unfortunately was turned down because the Visa Officer (VO) was not satisfied that our marriage is genuine. The letter sent to her stating this decsion and the reasons for it was prepared on Feb. 20th, but was not post dated until Feb 26th., and not received until Feb. 28th by my wife.

It is now March 13th, and I have yet to receive my copy here in Prince Edward Island.
I do not wish to wait longer, far too much is riding on this. If it is not here tomorrow morning, I want to file the appeal anyways. Does anyone know any reason why I cannot download the appeal form and file it using the reasons stated in the wife's letter? Is there any need to wait for my letter? The instructions included with my version are not really needed, are they?
Also, I assume our hearing will be in Montreal, but no where on this forum have I been able to see the estimated waiting time in Montreal?

I served many years in the military,have traveled much, and have always been proud of Canada, even though I was aware of her many faults, but this is incredible. When the VO phoned me at 2 AM during the interview, she was rude, condescending, and left the distinct impression that she was hunting for specific answers, not asking questions. She repeatedly cut me off as soon as I tried to answer her with an answer she did not want. Her deportment with my wife was far worse.....

If any one can answer, offer advice, I will much appreciate, as these indeed are dark times. We need to fight this process, and will not do well standing alone.
Thank you

harryiswaiting

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi/ Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/04/2012
Doc's Request.
Ottawa 01/2014
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
23/07/2012
Med's Done....
13/03/2012
Interview........
28/01/2013
Passport Req..
13/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 29/01/2013, Appeal won Nov, 2013
LANDED..........
HarryisSTILLwaiting.
ykcor said:
Appeal process.

My wife and I were married in March 2013, and she returned to China early May 2013, and we have been separated since.

My wife went for her PR interview in Beijing Feb. 17th and unfortunately was turned down because the Visa Officer (VO) was not satisfied that our marriage is genuine. The letter sent to her stating this decsion and the reasons for it was prepared on Feb. 20th, but was not post dated until Feb 26th., and not received until Feb. 28th by my wife.

It is now March 13th, and I have yet to receive my copy here in Prince Edward Island.
I do not wish to wait longer, far too much is riding on this. If it is not here tomorrow morning, I want to file the appeal anyways. Does anyone know any reason why I cannot download the appeal form and file it using the reasons stated in the wife's letter? Is there any need to wait for my letter? The instructions included with my version are not really needed, are they?
Also, I assume our hearing will be in Montreal, but no where on this forum have I been able to see the estimated waiting time in Montreal?

I served many years in the military,have traveled much, and have always been proud of Canada, even though I was aware of her many faults, but this is incredible. When the VO phoned me at 2 AM during the interview, she was rude, condescending, and left the distinct impression that she was hunting for specific answers, not asking questions. She repeatedly cut me off as soon as I tried to answer her with an answer she did not want. Her deportment with my wife was far worse.....

If any one can answer, offer advice, I will much appreciate, as these indeed are dark times. We need to fight this process, and will not do well standing alone.
Thank you
Welcome to the club. Believe me, I completely understand what you're going through. The treatment my husband received at the interview was deplorable. I was there, in India, but was not even allowed into the room. The guy continually cut him off, made rude remarks, and was not even listening. He already had made his mind up. It's now been 23 months since we applied, but we did win our ADR and are in the final stages, finally!

Anyhow, I'm not too sure on the wait times for Montreal unfortunately. I would suggest that you hire a good immigration lawyer at this point, or at least have some counsel, if you haven't done so already. You can file your notice of appeal using your wife's letter (we used my husbands because I was in India at the time). The form and instructions can be downloaded here: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/res/form/Pages/IadSai428Intro.aspx
The IAD will then send an acknowledgement letter, that will be followed within 4 months by a package which is what CIC sends of what they think is 'important' to your file (they notoriously leave out important information). You should also send in additional documents to support your case to Montreal. After several more months, you'll then receive a letter stating whether you've been selected for an ADR. ANother few weeks pass, and they'll send another letter notifying you the date of your ADR (if you've been granted one).
I would also strongly suggest that after filing your notice of appeal, applying for GCMS notes as this will give a lot of insight in the what you're up against for your appeal. Don't be alarmed when it seems like your wife was not even in the same interview as the officer... Best of luck! Be patient...

M

mikeymyke

That's why it is very prudent your application is strong enough to avoid an interview.