19th Feb'2012
Interview........
24th July'2012
Passport Req..
12th April'2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 June' 2014
takingsolong said:
Does anyone know when the IAD will be coming to Winnipeg next? This waiting is endless...... How much notice does IAD give you before a hearing date is set?
Hi,

From our experience- we were refused in August 2012- had full hearing in December 2013. If you are a resident of Winnipeg you will only be eligible for full hearing. From what my consultant informed me, hearings are done once a month in Winnipeg. We were informed of dates in either December or March in November first week, and we choose to go with December- we only had 7 days to gather all evidence- as IRB required evidence 20 days before hearing.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Hi dear friends
i was refused as my husband (sponsor) is in my country for already 7 months for now. and also he is in default in payments of family support. the cic asked me to show the ability to financially support to myself, my spouse,my kids and my spouse's kids too. then I showed my ability to financially support myself and my kids and also showed how we survive once we come to canada and how my husband suppose to pay his family support once he'll back to canada and also we showed that my sis-in-law gives her house for us to stay once we arrive to canada without even a cent.
now they have refused us and said that we did not showed that my husband's ability to financially support for all of us again. i dont understand why they confuse the people like that and asking in different ways and refuse people like this. they could ask us straight the ability of my husband for the financial support. but now they have refused us.
So, please my dear friends help me by telling me what is the reason you think they have refused us though we have showed the ways of surviving when we come to canada.
And please advise me how I suppose to show anything else and what I can do in the appeal. my husband is going back to canada in mid of January and apply for the appeal in vancouver. so, what he has to do for our it?
And is that ok if he send the appeal form from here till he goes back to canada?
because they have asked the town the sponsor signed at? so, we ar going to mail it from my country and then they know that he is in my country so, if we put my town as signed at (place) they will think that my husband is appealing from my country. and if we put vancouver as sign at is that ok? and if my husband go and apply from vancouver it will take more time. so, help me guys.....
Thanks
Please reply meeee

sakaka

Star Member
May 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody
Just a question please , I need your advice
I had an interview last week, and the officer told me in the end of the interview that I am refused because the relation isn't genuine.
Next day I had the refusal Email. telling me the reasons of the refusal and that they will send a refusal letter with the appeal form to my sponsor, and we don't know when he could receive this letter.
So , Now we want to apply for appeal
Do you think we have to wait till my sponsor will receive that letter? or we can apply for the appeal right now?

as the time is running and we are afraid that the 30 days period fro the applying the appeal would be finished before sending it.
I need your advice
thank you all so much

Singh416

Dec 5, 2013
sakaka said:
Hello everybody
Just a question please , I need your advice
I had an interview last week, and the officer told me in the end of the interview that I am refused because the relation isn't genuine.
Next day I had the refusal Email. telling me the reasons of the refusal and that they will send a refusal letter with the appeal form to my sponsor, and we don't know when he could receive this letter.
So , Now we want to apply for appeal
Do you think we have to wait till my sponsor will receive that letter? or we can apply for the appeal right now?

as the time is running and we are afraid that the 30 days period fro the applying the appeal would be finished before sending it.
I need your advice
thank you all so much

Hi, I'm just wondering, you said you received a refusal email the next day stating the reasons why. My brother is still waiting for the reasons why his wife visa was refused since Dec 4 and hasn't received anything as of yet. We are currently waiting for the letter as well, and are calling a lawyer sometime this week. I believe when you receive the letter, the 30 days start from than, and not now.

sakaka

Star Member
May 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks Singh416 for the fast reply
Yes I received the email next day ( I am the sponsored ) telling me that we refused your application because the relationship is not genuine and I search a way to go to Canada, and also they asked my sponsor 6 months ago to send proofs and he didn't ( he didn't receive it )
Maybe the letter that should my sponsor receive would contain more details?
so I understood that we must wait till my sponsor receive the letter . then we count 30 days. even if the letter would reached to my sponsor more than a month,, right?
thank you again

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
gango girl said:
Hi dear friends
i was refused as my husband (sponsor) is in my country for already 7 months for now. and also he is in default in payments of family support. the cic asked me to show the ability to financially support to myself, my spouse,my kids and my spouse's kids too. then I showed my ability to financially support myself and my kids and also showed how we survive once we come to canada and how my husband suppose to pay his family support once he'll back to canada and also we showed that my sis-in-law gives her house for us to stay once we arrive to canada without even a cent.
now they have refused us and said that we did not showed that my husband's ability to financially support for all of us again. i dont understand why they confuse the people like that and asking in different ways and refuse people like this. they could ask us straight the ability of my husband for the financial support. but now they have refused us.
So, please my dear friends help me by telling me what is the reason you think they have refused us though we have showed the ways of surviving when we come to canada.
And please advise me how I suppose to show anything else and what I can do in the appeal. my husband is going back to canada in mid of January and apply for the appeal in vancouver. so, what he has to do for our it?
And is that ok if he send the appeal form from here till he goes back to canada?
because they have asked the town the sponsor signed at? so, we ar going to mail it from my country and then they know that he is in my country so, if we put my town as signed at (place) they will think that my husband is appealing from my country. and if we put vancouver as sign at is that ok? and if my husband go and apply from vancouver it will take more time. so, help me guys.....
Thanks
Please reply meeee
I think it's going to be difficult to prove that your husband can support you if he has defaulted on family support payments. Has he caught up on those support payments now?

When CIC requested information on how your husband was going to support you, this would have been a good opportunity for your husband to catch up on his payments and then send proof to CIC that he has caught up on all of his payments. Did he do this - or is he still behind? If he's still behind on his payments, it may make more sense for him to catch up on the payments first and then for you to file a new application - rather than going through the appeals process.

Singh416

Dec 5, 2013
sakaka said:
thanks Singh416 for the fast reply
Yes I received the email next day ( I am the sponsored ) telling me that we refused your application because the relationship is not genuine and I search a way to go to Canada, and also they asked my sponsor 6 months ago to send proofs and he didn't ( he didn't receive it )
Maybe the letter that should my sponsor receive would contain more details?
so I understood that we must wait till my sponsor receive the letter . then we count 30 days. even if the letter would reached to my sponsor more than a month,, right?
thank you again

Yes most likely you would wait till you receive the letter and than you would count 30 days. My question to you is, when was the date of the interview, and you told me that you received an email stating the reasons of why the visa was rejected. Isn't this considered to be the letter? Also, did they return the passport with/without a stamp?

Thanks

sakaka

Star Member
May 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singh416 said:
Yes most likely you would wait till you receive the letter and than you would count 30 days. My question to you is, when was the date of the interview, and you told me that you received an email stating the reasons of why the visa was rejected. Isn't this considered to be the letter? Also, did they return the passport with/without a stamp?

Thanks
My interview was on Monday 23 September, morning.
I got the email from the embassy on Tuesday 24 September after noon
here is what they said in the email

Kindly find attached a copy of the refusal letter, the notice for appeal letter & instructions for appeal.

The original letters have been sent to your mailing address and copy of both letters have been sent to your sponsor's mailing address in Canada.

Regards,
Visa Section

Singh416

Dec 5, 2013
sakaka said:

Kindly find attached a copy of the refusal letter, the notice for appeal letter & instructions for appeal.

The original letters have been sent to your mailing address and copy of both letters have been sent to your sponsor's mailing address in Canada.

Regards,
Visa Section

Okay, so the letter took about 3 months to reach. I would recommend that you consult a lawyer to make sure you don't further delay the appeal process. From my perspective, I believe if it states that "kindly find a attached refusal letter", than this is the letter.

Singh416

Dec 5, 2013
sakaka said:

Regards,
Visa Section
Another question, are you from India as well?

sakaka

Star Member
May 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singh416 said:
Okay, so the letter took about 3 months to reach. I would recommend that you consult a lawyer to make sure you don't further delay the appeal process. From my perspective, I believe if it states that "kindly find a attached refusal letter", than this is the letter.
Thank you so much
Yes, we will hire a lawyer, and I think also we have to consider the attached refusal letter as the refusal letter because waiting 3 months just to get the letter is so much.

Do you know please how long time appeal takes time in " Montreal office"

thanks
regards

Singh416

Dec 5, 2013
sakaka said:
Thank you so much
Yes, we will hire a lawyer, and I think also we have to consider the attached refusal letter as the refusal letter because waiting 3 months just to get the letter is so much.

Do you know please how long time appeal takes time in " Montreal office"

thanks
regards
Hi

I am uncertain about what the appeal times are in Montreal.
But in Toronto, from what I have heard, if the appeal goes to an "ADR", than it usually takes up to 6 months, but if they require a full-hearing, than it may take up to a year.
Once again, this is what I've heard from many sources, so times may vary.

Thanks

sakaka

Star Member
May 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singh416 said:
Hi

I am uncertain about what the appeal times are in Montreal.
But in Toronto, from what I have heard, if the appeal goes to an "ADR", than it usually takes up to 6 months, but if they require a full-hearing, than it may take up to a year.
Once again, this is what I've heard from many sources, so times may vary.

Thanks
Thanks you so much
Yes it varies
I have been searching a lot, I knew that Toronto office is longest process time, I have read in the threat that it is up to 2,5 Years. o_O
as I knew that Vancouver office is about 6 months
but unfortunately I couldn't get any information about Montreal office appeal time in whole the forum.
thank you so much for the great help
I really appreciate it

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
scylla said:
I think it's going to be difficult to prove that your husband can support you if he has defaulted on family support payments. Has he caught up on those support payments now?

When CIC requested information on how your husband was going to support you, this would have been a good opportunity for your husband to catch up on his payments and then send proof to CIC that he has caught up on all of his payments. Did he do this - or is he still behind? If he's still behind on his payments, it may make more sense for him to catch up on the payments first and then for you to file a new application - rather than going through the appeals process.
thnank you dear scylla for replying me
he is still behind the defaults of family maintainence.
so do you think that we have to pay the defaults at once and make it to zero to get the visa?
replies are very much appreciated
please anybody reply