12-01-2013
Passport Req..
23-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
27-09-2013
Kano said:
If you feel so strongly about your situation then why in the world would you choose NOT to appeal solely on principle? It is ridiculous that you would cut off your nose to spite your face. If you are so ready to give up on Canada without even an appeal it makes me wonder how strong your ties to Canada actually are. It is apparent that the VO was just as skeptical as I am.. and rightly so.

She says
"Years of appeals, money spent, the judgements, stress and disrespect is not a good choice for us."

She is rite because according to me,
Who is willing to stay apart from your married one for years . 1) You are suppose to stay in Canada for hearing. 2) Money involved for good lawyers goes above $5k atleast. 3) Stress and time is not worth it. Anyone can go insane staying apart from their loved one for so long.

And for what for something you do not even owe.

I feel CIC clearly does discrimination against "brown" community. It is ridiculous what my wife had to go through. It is unfortunate after having so much experience they cannot find genuine and non-genuine cases. I feel VOs just care about their salary at CIC. Maybe they are given targets to stop this many cases and if not done their job is not done. Who knows.

Reactions: Alicee

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
SponsorCanada87 said:
She says
"Years of appeals, money spent, the judgements, stress and disrespect is not a good choice for us."

She is rite because according to me,
Who is willing to stay apart from your married one for years . 1) You are suppose to stay in Canada for hearing. 2) Money involved for good lawyers goes above $5k atleast. 3) Stress and time is not worth it. Anyone can go insane staying apart from their loved one for so long.

And for what for something you do not even owe.

I feel CIC clearly does discrimination against "brown" community. It is ridiculous what my wife had to go through. It is unfortunate after having so much experience they cannot find genuine and non-genuine cases. I feel VOs just care about their salary at CIC. Maybe they are given targets to stop this many cases and if not done their job is not done. Who knows.
My husband and I appealed. We preferred to stay apart for one year (and we are going to stay apart another 6 months before my husband's visa is ready) than the rest of our life.

We preferred to pay $3000 for an immigration consultant rather than to see our marriage and our future together destroyed.

Yes, it is lots of tremendous pain and stress, but I heard from other people who went through the same ordeal that all this pain dissolves and it feels like it never existed once you are reunited. We preferred to go through the pain of the appeal rather than suffering for the rest of our life.

And you don't become insane :) Yes, there are moments you feel like you are going to become insane, but it just makes you stronger.

SponsorCanada87

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
12-01-2013
Passport Req..
23-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
27-09-2013
Habibti said:
My husband and I appealed. We preferred to stay apart for one year (and we are going to stay apart another 6 months before my husband's visa is ready) than the rest of our life.

We preferred to pay $3000 for an immigration consultant rather than to see our marriage and our future together destroyed.

Yes, it is lots of tremendous pain and stress, but I heard from other people who went through the same ordeal that all this pain dissolves and it feels like it never existed once you are reunited. We preferred to go through the pain of the appeal rather than suffering for the rest of our life.

And you don't become insane :) Yes, there are moments you feel like you are going to become insane, but it just makes you stronger.
Habibti you are the one who keeps me alive with positive energy :) Thankyou so much. Since you are one who have already gone through all this I feel there will be light at the end of the tunnel to my story as well.

By the way I decided to re apply going back to India. I am going to collect many more evidences and actually live with her. I am going to present so many of them this time they will have to clear us. Since I am citizen here I just got my dual citizenship thing few days back too. I found out that I can stay with her and re apply same time. So good things coming my way finally.

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
Has anyone received notification of progress on their reprocessing via email, or just regular post? We have only ever received correspondence by post and I'm hoping to have email correspondence. Has anyone had experience with changing their contact information?

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Rathika2011

I am suprised they didn't approve you because of ODSP. Didnt they say if you're on disability then you will be eligible unlike social assistance? I am confused and concerned if that's the reason as my sponsor (spouse) is also on ODSP so therefore I am a bit worried

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
tamarindball said:
Rathika2011

I am suprised they didn't approve you because of ODSP. Didnt they say if you're on disability then you will be eligible unlike social assistance? I am confused and concerned if that's the reason as my sponsor (spouse) is also on ODSP so therefore I am a bit worried
That was one of the reasons given, but not the only one. She was approved to sponsor while on ODSP, because a sponsor is not made ineligible by receiving this type of social assistance. However, it is important for the applicant to demonstrate that they are capable of becoming self-supporting when their spouse is on ODSP, to forestall any questions about their ability to manage as a couple in Canada. If you have work history it will be in your background information, and if you have professional/trade skills certification, make sure you include proof of this in your application. Section A39 (financial inadmissibility) is seldom used alone to deny a spousal applicant, but it has happened.

(Note that rathika's spouse was never at any point advised that this was a concern he would have to rebut during the interview he was convoked to.)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Kano said:
I just finished going through the 20+ pages in this particular thread. Something rather interesting kept coming up time and again. 99.9% of the appeals in this thread involve people from countries such as Sri Lanka, Pakistan, India, etc. (brown countries). Yet, none were from countries like China, Philippines, UK, USA, etc. (non-brown countries).
There are many rejected applications from China and the Philippines as well. The UK and the USA (and other first-world countries) not so much. It doesn't depend so much on the colour of the applicant - the percentage of rejections from Hong Kong is greater than the percentage of rejections from Beijing, and much, much higher than the percentage from Taiwan or Japan, for example, but normally, these four places are considered to be countries of the same 'race'.
1) There is a great deal of discrimination going on,
I think there is some discrimination going on.
3) CIC has labelled these countries as known places where marriages of convenience frequently occur.
Countries that are considered to be at high risk of having marriages of convenience do include Pakistan and India, but also southern China, the Philippines, and much of Africa.

There is another issue, though. That is that the government of Canada has actually said that it prefers immigrants from China and India. So even though both places also get a lot of rejections (and thus are seen as places where marriages of convenience occur often), they both also have quick processing times (India and northern China, not Hong Kong). So the discrimination is more towards people from Africa and south Asia outside of India, IMO.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Thanks. Work history is clearly stated - no gaps - and I will therefore send copies of all my educational qualifications even though they weren't requested but as proof as being self supporting as you say.

Hayer

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
30-01-2012 Denied July 2012 appeal allowed Nov 2013
Our case got refused from Delhi after two years and the appeal was filed in July 2012. We are in the waiting game and there seems to be no idea when will we get an appeal date. The whole process is frustating as they do not even acknowledge a 3 year old child.

Can someone give an idea as to how long it takes to get the appeal date?

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
Hayer said:
Our case got refused from Delhi after two years and the appeal was filed in July 2012. We are in the waiting game and there seems to be no idea when will we get an appeal date. The whole process is frustating as they do not even acknowledge a 3 year old child.

Can someone give an idea as to how long it takes to get the appeal date?
sry u got refused..if u go through a adr it will be much easy and wait is not as much as a full hearing...in my case the iad said its going to go for a full hearing and they also told me from the date they recieve the file back from the embassy 14 to 18 months to set a date..i appealed in mid dec 2011 and got the file back in mid march 2012 so from march they said 14 to 18 months...i know its crazy and the waiting sucks but we can't do anything but to wait..hope this helps

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
I have avoided posting timeline on my successful Appeal in Toronto, simply due to the fact that I had to wait 28 months. Thats right folks, Appeal was filed April 2010.....Appeal was allowed August 2012

I feel horrible for those who have to wait..! but I think its important to get accurate information !!!!!!!. I too thought the waiting time was 12-18 months.(toronto)

Keep in mind, if an Appeal was just filed, there is always a chance you will get ADR (obvioulsy i didnt get it)

People need to have a Plan A and a Plan B. For all those waiting, you will all see the 'light at the end of the tunnel' soon enough!!!!!!

Question: does anyone know if the file can be finished at another Canadian Embassy since I have family in Spain and wish to be with my partner as soon as possible, or perhaps continnue waiting here in Toronto (I dont want it to get messed up)

Kano

Sep 8, 2012
canadianwoman said:
There is another issue, though. That is that the government of Canada has actually said that it prefers immigrants from China and India.
I recall reading somewhere that Filipinos are also on this list due to their strong work ethic and family values. Hence, the very short processing times there as well.

in process

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
25th april 2012
Med's Done....
10th sep 2012