+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Star_786

Mar 24, 2012
Hi Rathika
Can you please send me a message? I want to talk to you about your case and provide some advice.

Thanks.

rathika2011 said:
thanks love bird 43.....

guys finally my husband got the refusal letter after 2 months and 13 days later...... i haven't recieved anything as of yet........

enna00

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
my question here is did any of you find you had better help having a representative or representing yourself during the appeal process????

Suee

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Harisha

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/sri_lanka/visas/medical-medicaux.aspx?view=d

In above link it says;

How long will my application take if I need a medical exam?
After a medical examination with the Designated Medical Practitioner, the results are sent to our medical office to review. The medical office then sends their assessment to our visa office.

For temporary resident (visitor, student, worker) applications, it normally takes 4 weeks after your medical examination before we will contact you regarding the next stage of your application.

For permanent resident applications, it normally takes 3 months after our medical office receives the medical examination results from the Designated Medical Practitioner before we will contact you regarding the next stage of your application. This is true only if you have already complied with our other requests (e.g. to submit other documents)

How can I check on the status of my medical exam results?
If you would like to check when our medical office received your medical examination results, contact your Designated Medical Practitioner to get the tracking number for the delivery. Check the delivery company’s website or phone them to confirm the date of the delivery.

For complicated cases or where additional medical information is required, the processing time for your medical assessment will be longer. You will be notified by our medical office if further medical information is required. The length of the delay will depend on the nature of the medical condition being investigated. Your Designated Medical Practitioner can explain further.

This office will not respond to case status enquiries within the processing times above. If you have not heard from us within these processing times, you can submit an enquiry for a case status update. Include:

the name of the Designated Medical Practitioner you visited,
the date of the medical exam,
the tracking number of the package containing your medical examination results (contact your Designated Medical Practitioner for this information),
the date that the delivery company delivered the package (contact the delivery company for this information), and
your application file number.

Harisha said:
hi guys

Any one got any update news? I have spoke with my mp. He contact the cic and the visa officer. They said they didnot receive the medical jet. My husband did the medical feb16,2012. does any one know how long its take to send the medical to the canadian embassy? also, do you know anything in sri lanka? i don't know why its taking long time to receive the medical. i heard people get the visa with in 2weeks to 1 month
does any one have any experince in re do medical?

please let me know about it

Harisha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2011
thanks for ur response. I am so afraid. Some people said it will take more than 7 or months to get the visa after they re do the medical. if they reject the visa first and then we file and appeal and re open the file in colombo. they wont give the visa quickly for the rejected files like the normal ones.

I got married in 3 and half years ago, thats why i worry toomuc. any one have experinece in appeal process, please let me know

THank

gricelanora

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
hi everyone,
i live in Toronto, and my husbands application has been denied, i am waiting right now for the refusal letter to appeal the case, does anyone know how long does it take here in Toronto to have an appeal hearing, can someone please answer that for me thank you

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gricelanora said:
hi everyone,
i live in Toronto, and my husbands application has been denied, i am waiting right now for the refusal letter to appeal the case, does anyone know how long does it take here in Toronto to have an appeal hearing, can someone please answer that for me thank you
hi ,it can be come any time now.

gricelanora

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
hello again everyone.....
thank you for answering but my question is related to the process, once you have send the appeal form how long does it take for you to get a response for your interview. i have heard that it takes from 8-12 months here in Toronto is that correct... please someone answer my query that has gone through this in Toronto. thank you

gricelanora

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
i just hope that someone can see this....... if you have completed the form i m kind of confuse see.... at the very top it says

IAD FILE NO.
CLIENT ID NO.
DATE OF BIRTH:
VISA OFFICE:
is this my information that goes there or my husbands........also silly question what does IAD FILE NO.
DO I FILL OUT THIS PART OR LEAVE BLANK

Star_786

Mar 24, 2012
Hello Rathika
Sorry I am new to the site and I can't reply to any messages.

rathika2011 said:
thanks love bird 43.....

guys finally my husband got the refusal letter after 2 months and 13 days later...... i haven't recieved anything as of yet........

Star_786

Mar 24, 2012
Hello Habibti,
I am asking you a question on behalf of a close friend. Her spousal sponsorship was denied in Pakistan. If she decides to appeal, how does she prove that the age difference does not matter. She and her spouse have an age difference of about 9 years. It was an arranged marriage.

Also, is it better to appeal or re-apply after a few years? What new evidence can be provided even if she re-applies??

If she appeals, can you please provide a few tips on how to prove the validity of the marriage? They have already provided wedding photos + receipts, boarding passes, emails, phone bills, proof that the families have met and agreed... what else can be provided? She can visit her husband in Pakistan but has to return to Canada to complete her degree... she cannot go back and forth because she can't really afford it.

Also, there were no errors in the application. the VO had a doubt due to the age difference.

Also, I would like to know, if the appeal is denied, do you still have the option to re-apply? or will that automatically get denied as well?

Thanks.

Habibti said:
She asked him something about age difference. He said he does not see or feel any differences between us. She told him how surprising is that since we are at different periods of our life and we don't have the same life experiences. She said my husband did not reply. That is NOT TRUE! He gave her a long answer which she did not noted obviously. I know what he said so I won't write it here as it would be too long.

Harisha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2011
hi
i hope u will get the adr hearing date with in 6 months after you file the appeal in iad office. if thye want to give u full hearing then it will take more than 14 months. don't worry most of the spousal sponsor get adr hearing. so u will get adr date next 5 months.

I file an appeal in April, 2011 and the adr hearing on Sep14,2011. Now they reopen the file in Sri Lanka and start to process. My husband submit the police clearance and re do medical. also he finishe his interview. But the visa office didnot contact us for the visa
we are waitinng for it.

I don't know how long are we going to wait.

preetb

Jun 14, 2011
hello to all on this forum. i applied for my husband in april 2011 and our case got refused sept, 29th, 2011. I got the refusal letter here in toronto in mid oct and appealed right away. Just had my ADR on mach 27th and it was successful. And now i'm just waiting for the approval letter from the immigration here in toronto so we can move forward with the case.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Star_786 said:
Hello Habibti,
I am asking you a question on behalf of a close friend. Her spousal sponsorship was denied in Pakistan. If she decides to appeal, how does she prove that the age difference does not matter. She and her spouse have an age difference of about 9 years. It was an arranged marriage.

Also, is it better to appeal or re-apply after a few years? What new evidence can be provided even if she re-applies??

If she appeals, can you please provide a few tips on how to prove the validity of the marriage? They have already provided wedding photos + receipts, boarding passes, emails, phone bills, proof that the families have met and agreed... what else can be provided? She can visit her husband in Pakistan but has to return to Canada to complete her degree... she cannot go back and forth because she can't really afford it.

Also, there were no errors in the application. the VO had a doubt due to the age difference.

Also, I would like to know, if the appeal is denied, do you still have the option to re-apply? or will that automatically get denied as well?
Only 9 years? That is not much! My husband and I have 20 years difference! I don't think the 9 years difference were grounds for refusal. There is more to their story. I don't know the details of their application, but all I can say is tell your friend to have the assistance of an immigration lawyer or an immigration consultant. It makes all the difference in the world. I went to attend an ADR with my immigration consultant last week and I learned so much from it. There are things or actions that the immigration lawyer will think to do or say that a person doesn't know as he or she is not familiar with the immigration world.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Star_786 said:
Her spousal sponsorship was denied in Pakistan. If she decides to appeal, how does she prove that the age difference does not matter. She and her spouse have an age difference of about 9 years. It was an arranged marriage.

... the VO had a doubt due to the age difference.
The problem isn't really just the age difference - the problem is that the families agreed to an arranged marriage where there was a big age difference. In a Western marriage based on love and a long relationship, 9 years wouldn't be considered much, but in countries where arranged marriages are the norm, it is not normal for a family to agree to marry their son off to a woman who is 9 years older (or vice versa, though the man being older is less unusual). So one of the things your friend will have to do is show why her husband and her husband's family agreed to this arranged marriage with an older woman. (If it is the man that is older, I apologize.) And to a lesser extent why her family thought it was a good match.
You can reapply after a failed appeal. It is not automatically denied, but they usually are. It is called 'res judicata'. It means 'the issue has already been decided'. So if you want to reapply after a failed appeal, you must have new evidence. CIC considers that if all you have is more phone records, evidence of more trips, more photos, etc., then this is not new evidence - it is just more of the same evidence.

Most cases that succeed on the second application do so because either 1. the sponsor left Canada and went to live with the applicant for a long time (hard to tell how long is long enough), and/or 2. they had a child. I have only seen a couple of cases that succeeded the second time when all the couple did was continue as before: phone calls and emails, and a couple of visits a year. Most like that get refused the second time as well.