Waived
Passport Req..
August 8 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 29 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
gsize said:
I can appreciate that many relationships are questioned due to all the fraud in the past (and continues today) The issue I have is wait times once there is a rejection. 2 years + for an appeal is not acceptable. All that needs to be done is hire more VO's and add the cost to landing fees, therfore, not affecting the Canadian taxpayer. I just heard yesterday that Immigration Minister is trying to fast track backlogs. I assume (I hate that word) that means my case. :D
Yes! Let's hope that means your case. I would love to be a fly on the wall just to see what is going on behind Immigration's closed doors. Hmmmm.... We would be either more annoyed or more understanding but atleast we would know how it all works. lol

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Hi everyone. I applied to sponsor last July but hubby was denied the visa January 2013. I have snet notice to appeal February 2013. Going to see a lawyer soon after I get back from visiting hubby. When hubby gets his visa at long last ,I hope and pray. Will hubby be under the October 25th rules when he lands here in Canada or under the old rules? ::) Thankyou everyone. (((((((((((((I wish all of you a happy day and sending huge positive vibes your way with hugs))))))))))))) :-* :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Ankit_Sonam said:
Hey Guys... New here...wanted to share my story...

My Husband's immigration spousal visa was rejected August 2012. My name is Sonam, I am a Canadian born citizen and am 20 years old. I am a student (3rd year nursing student) and hold a position with the government Justice Department. I got married to the love of my life on December 17, 2011 and sponsored my husband on January 19, 2012.

My husband and I have known each other approximately 4 yrs now. We first met at my sister's marriage back home in India. My elder sister is married to my husband's elder brother. They have been married for 3 yrs now and have a 15month old child together. My husband had tried for a Canadian student visa 2 times previously as he had intensions to study abroad and also wanted to be closer to me. Unfortunately both times he was rejected and ended up coming to London, UK to study. Something to note is he applied with the same documents with which he applied to Canada and received his visa within 15 days. He proposed on his birthday in October 2011, and we decided to get married over Christmas when i had holidays from school in December 2011. My Husband is still in London on a student visa, and completing his studies.

We had an interview at Delhi high commission in India. The interview was just ridiculous. The visa officer was more concerned with my sister's marriage then mine and my husbands. The questions were nothing related to our relationship. Being canadian born i felt as if the visa officer was not able to understand english, and clearly had that "indian thinking." In the interview i felt as if there was internal racism and sexual discrimination. I believe he couldn't understand the fact that i a canadian women married a man from India. After 15 days, we received a heart breaking refusal letter that stated our relationship was not genuine.

I stayed with my husband in India till September 2012, and then returned due to my classes starting. My husband also returned to London, UK for his 2nd year of studies. I have now hired an immigration consultant to help me in my case. I just recently came back from spending Christmas and New yeas with my husband in London. My younger brother also went with me this time.

these are the main facts

1) Both me and my husband were 19 at the time of marriage- we belong to same caste, class, and background
2) we had court marriage- just me and my husband- family couldn't attend as his parents needed visa, and they have a business, my parents- it was christmas season- they work in stores, hard to get time off. My sister and brother-in-law- just had baby, and bought new house. Also the plan was to have a party here in my hometown in Canada (parents have lived her 30 yrs)
3) We are both studying- im 4th yr nursing student and he is now 3rd yr Business Management student
4) In June 2012 we both bought house together in my hometown- during time of interview visa officer did not look at our documents
5) Marriage rejected on base we were not genuine
6) My husbands Student visa rejections for canada

Our appeal will take place in Vancouver. We received the notes from the interview, but have not been informed to whether or not it is full hearing or ADL.

Also, the MP for my region is a good family friend. She had contacted the ministers office. Hoping for an ADL and a faster appeal.

Any advice would be appriciated.

Recently i have been feeling very down, and depressed.. This waiting is getting harder and harder...
So sorry to read. My appeal will be in Vancouver also. I hope you get your appeal soon, win and get your hubby here xoxoxo ;)

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
gsize said:
the good news is: the wait times for Vancouver are fast (unlike Toronto and elsewhere) The vast majority of appeals are allowed. You will be reunited soon enough. Try to be patient and try to keep busy ! Make sure you keep all phone logs, emails, etc to show them it is genuine and ongoing. Most important....Never give up ! :D
Hi gsize sorry to be on this thread but need and answer from you regarding gathering more evidence on ongoing and continued marriage/ relationship with hubby. Do I need to put hubby's emails and texts into English from Spanish for my appeal or just print them off to show the proof?Does the IAD and the minister's counsel require each a copy plus my lawyer? I have also supporting letters from family and friends. Going to see hubby soon and can't wait. I will see an Immi lawyer the day after I get home from visiting hubby. I should bring a copies of the caips notes, refusal letter of my hubby and notice of appeal acknowledgment letter from the IAD to the lawyer perhaps? Also the representitive form for the lawyer to fill out for the IAD? Minister's counsel as well? Thankyou xoxoxo :-* :D

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
what does ministers counsel do on appeals?
and what do you think have to write on letters from family & friends as additional proof for the appeal?
replies are much appreciated ....
thnx my friends .......

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
gango girl said:
what does ministers counsel do on appeals?
and what do you think have to write on letters from family & friends as additional proof for the appeal?
replies are much appreciated ....
thnx my friends .......
Yes, this is what we did. We got letters from friends and family to support our case.

The minister's counsel will ask you questions. Be prepared as it is quite tough. After 4 hours, I got out of there completely drained. Especially he denied us at the end of the session... until he changed his mind one month later!

Mrs BB

Dec 30, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 20, 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Interview........
October 30, 2012
Double Rainbow said:
Hi everyone. I applied to sponsor last July but hubby was denied the visa January 2013. I have snet notice to appeal February 2013. Going to see a lawyer soon after I get back from visiting hubby. When hubby gets his visa at long last ,I hope and pray. Will hubby be under the October 25th rules when he lands here in Canada or under the old rules? ::) Thankyou everyone. (((((((((((((I wish all of you a happy day and sending huge positive vibes your way with hugs))))))))))))) :-* :D

Mrs BB

Dec 30, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 20, 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Interview........
October 30, 2012
Double Rainbow said:
[/
Definately under the old rule if you apply before October 2012.

Mrs BB

Dec 30, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 20, 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Interview........
October 30, 2012
Definately under the old rule if you apply before October 2012.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Double Rainbow said:
you initially applied before October 2012. so you need not to worry about conditional PR thing
goodluck with appeal

Mrs BB

Dec 30, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 20, 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Interview........
October 30, 2012
Today I received a copy of my husband's file from the Appeal Board. It is sad to say that the VO took all our wedding pics and put only three on my husband's file. Wow! My husband is not even aware of a some of the info that was in the file. It is so sad and I really think that lady has issues with men. Can anyone tell me what next? Can I file the rest
of my documents with the appeal board.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Habibti said:
Yes, this is what we did. We got letters from friends and family to support our case.

The minister's counsel will ask you questions. Be prepared as it is quite tough. After 4 hours, I got out of there completely drained. Especially he denied us at the end of the session... until he changed his mind one month later!
Habibti said:

ok thnk u dear
will it be soo tough for an ADR also?
my refusal bcoz of missing documents .....
can you plzzz tell me what should include in the letters from the family & the friends? I mean how it should be written?
thnx for helping Hubibti

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
simb said:
you initially applied before October 2012. so you need not to worry about conditional PR thing
goodluck with appeal
What is the differences between before & after oct 2012 Rules?

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
can anybody tell what are the questions in as ADR?
plzzzzz I want to be prepared & my husband as well
plzzzz help us
i was refused for missing documents

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
hey gango girl hope u are fine...these are some of the question they will ask u..this is what my lawyer gave me to prepare so good luck...

Background
1) When did you first come to Canada?
2) Under what category?
Previous Relationship
3) Have you been previously married or in a common law relationship?
4) If so, to whom and when?
5) When did you separate? Why?
6) When did you get divorced? Why?
7) Do you have children from your previous marriage? If so, what are their names and ages?
8) Do you have any contact with your ex-husband or common law partner?
Current Marriage
9) When did you meet your current spouse?
10) Describe the circumstances of your first meeting.
11) Who contacted who first? How?
12) When did you first meet in person?
13) Describe your first date?
14) Why were you attracted to your spouse?
15) What type of activities did you do together?
16) When did you meet his family and his friends?
17) When did he propose? How?
18) What did you say?
19) Was there an engagement ceremony? If so, please describe? If not, why not?
20) When did you get married?
21) Describe your wedding.
22) How many people were present?
23) Did you go on a honeymoon? When, where?
24) Did you ever live together? How long and where?
25) Describe a typical day with your husband?
Communication
26) How many times did you visit your spouse after wedding? Provide with dates.
27) When you are apart, how do you communicate with each other?
28) What do you talk about?
29) Do you send each other gifts or money? If so, what and how much?
30) What are your plans once your spouse moves to Canada?
31) Where will you live?
32) Are you planning on having children?
33) What do you like about your spouse?
34) What do you not like about your spouse?
35) When is his birthday?
36) What are his parent’s names?
Spousal Sponsorship Application and Interview
37) Why do you think your spousal sponsorship application was refused?
38) How did that make you feel?
39) What happened at the interview?
40) If this appeal was dismissed, what would you do?
41) Do you think your spouse married you in order to be able to come to Canada? If not, why?
42) Do you want to add anything else?