+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
gango girl said:
What is NEXT?
after the appeal?
what documents I should ready to take?
was refused bcoz of short of two documents.
NONSENSE.........
its really a JOKE....
how ever i have to make ready everything for the case ADR. I believe I can ask for an ADR
my husband is going to appeal today in Vancouver.
Any IDEA? I appreciate the replies thnx my friends
i think you have a good chance at ADR. In any event, timelines for Vancouver are short---- Even if you have to go to full hearing. You need to prove to them that your relationship is genuine and ongoing, so keep all phone logs, emails, vacations etc. As stated above, most appeals are allowed. Best wishes ! 8)

Ankit_Sonam

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Jan'2012
AOR Received.
2nd April'2012
File Transfer...
18th Jan'2012
Med's Done....
19th Feb'2012
Interview........
24th July'2012
Passport Req..
12th April'2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 June' 2014
Hey Guys... New here...wanted to share my story...

My Husband's immigration spousal visa was rejected August 2012. My name is Sonam, I am a Canadian born citizen and am 20 years old. I am a student (3rd year nursing student) and hold a position with the government Justice Department. I got married to the love of my life on December 17, 2011 and sponsored my husband on January 19, 2012.

My husband and I have known each other approximately 4 yrs now. We first met at my sister’s marriage back home in India. My elder sister is married to my husband’s elder brother. They have been married for 3 yrs now and have a 15month old child together. My husband had tried for a Canadian student visa 2 times previously as he had intensions to study abroad and also wanted to be closer to me. Unfortunately both times he was rejected and ended up coming to London, UK to study. Something to note is he applied with the same documents with which he applied to Canada and received his visa within 15 days. He proposed on his birthday in October 2011, and we decided to get married over Christmas when i had holidays from school in December 2011. My Husband is still in London on a student visa, and completing his studies.

We had an interview at Delhi high commission in India. The interview was just ridiculous. The visa officer was more concerned with my sister's marriage then mine and my husbands. The questions were nothing related to our relationship. Being canadian born i felt as if the visa officer was not able to understand english, and clearly had that "indian thinking." In the interview i felt as if there was internal racism and sexual discrimination. I believe he couldn't understand the fact that i a canadian women married a man from India. After 15 days, we received a heart breaking refusal letter that stated our relationship was not genuine.

I stayed with my husband in India till September 2012, and then returned due to my classes starting. My husband also returned to London, UK for his 2nd year of studies. I have now hired an immigration consultant to help me in my case. I just recently came back from spending Christmas and New yeas with my husband in London. My younger brother also went with me this time.

these are the main facts

1) Both me and my husband were 19 at the time of marriage- we belong to same caste, class, and background
2) we had court marriage- just me and my husband- family couldn't attend as his parents needed visa, and they have a business, my parents- it was christmas season- they work in stores, hard to get time off. My sister and brother-in-law- just had baby, and bought new house. Also the plan was to have a party here in my hometown in Canada (parents have lived her 30 yrs)
3) We are both studying- im 4th yr nursing student and he is now 3rd yr Business Management student
4) In June 2012 we both bought house together in my hometown- during time of interview visa officer did not look at our documents
5) Marriage rejected on base we were not genuine
6) My husbands Student visa rejections for canada

Our appeal will take place in Vancouver. We received the notes from the interview, but have not been informed to whether or not it is full hearing or ADL.

Also, the MP for my region is a good family friend. She had contacted the ministers office. Hoping for an ADL and a faster appeal.

Any advice would be appriciated.

Recently i have been feeling very down, and depressed.. This waiting is getting harder and harder...

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Sorry to hear about the refusal. I hope that it all goes well for you from here.

I would assume his attempts to come to Canada via student visa are the main reason to conclude MOC. That and the fact no family was present at your wedding. All reasons you mentioned are reasonable, but with the formalities/customs/rituals of Indian weddings I think it was a red flag as well.

Also I just had a quick observation, you say you met at your sisters wedding 3 years ago, but have known him for 4 years. Not trying to be rude but you may need to clarify small details as such for the hearing.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Ankit_Sonam said:
Hey Guys... New here...wanted to share my story...

My Husband's immigration spousal visa was rejected August 2012. My name is Sonam, I am a Canadian born citizen and am 20 years old. I am a student (3rd year nursing student) and hold a position with the government Justice Department. I got married to the love of my life on December 17, 2011 and sponsored my husband on January 19, 2012.

My husband and I have known each other approximately 4 yrs now. We first met at my sister's marriage back home in India. My elder sister is married to my husband's elder brother. They have been married for 3 yrs now and have a 15month old child together. My husband had tried for a Canadian student visa 2 times previously as he had intensions to study abroad and also wanted to be closer to me. Unfortunately both times he was rejected and ended up coming to London, UK to study. Something to note is he applied with the same documents with which he applied to Canada and received his visa within 15 days. He proposed on his birthday in October 2011, and we decided to get married over Christmas when i had holidays from school in December 2011. My Husband is still in London on a student visa, and completing his studies.

We had an interview at Delhi high commission in India. The interview was just ridiculous. The visa officer was more concerned with my sister's marriage then mine and my husbands. The questions were nothing related to our relationship. Being canadian born i felt as if the visa officer was not able to understand english, and clearly had that "indian thinking." In the interview i felt as if there was internal racism and sexual discrimination. I believe he couldn't understand the fact that i a canadian women married a man from India. After 15 days, we received a heart breaking refusal letter that stated our relationship was not genuine.

I stayed with my husband in India till September 2012, and then returned due to my classes starting. My husband also returned to London, UK for his 2nd year of studies. I have now hired an immigration consultant to help me in my case. I just recently came back from spending Christmas and New yeas with my husband in London. My younger brother also went with me this time.

these are the main facts

1) Both me and my husband were 19 at the time of marriage- we belong to same caste, class, and background
2) we had court marriage- just me and my husband- family couldn't attend as his parents needed visa, and they have a business, my parents- it was christmas season- they work in stores, hard to get time off. My sister and brother-in-law- just had baby, and bought new house. Also the plan was to have a party here in my hometown in Canada (parents have lived her 30 yrs)
3) We are both studying- im 4th yr nursing student and he is now 3rd yr Business Management student
4) In June 2012 we both bought house together in my hometown- during time of interview visa officer did not look at our documents
5) Marriage rejected on base we were not genuine
6) My husbands Student visa rejections for canada

Our appeal will take place in Vancouver. We received the notes from the interview, but have not been informed to whether or not it is full hearing or ADL.

Also, the MP for my region is a good family friend. She had contacted the ministers office. Hoping for an ADL and a faster appeal.

Any advice would be appriciated.

Recently i have been feeling very down, and depressed.. This waiting is getting harder and harder...
the good news is: the wait times for Vancouver are fast (unlike Toronto and elsewhere) The vast majority of appeals are allowed. You will be reunited soon enough. Try to be patient and try to keep busy ! Make sure you keep all phone logs, emails, etc to show them it is genuine and ongoing. Most important....Never give up ! :D

Ankit_Sonam

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Jan'2012
AOR Received.
2nd April'2012
File Transfer...
18th Jan'2012
Med's Done....
19th Feb'2012
Interview........
24th July'2012
Passport Req..
12th April'2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 June' 2014
Thanks for the reply.

I have known my husband since April 2009- Time my sisters marriage proposal and are families are related distance wise. And i actually met my husband Jan 2010.

Yes, ive heard Vancouver times are faster...but it has already been 8 months (applied for appeal in Aug 2012)..Not sure where this is going..

I try to be strong- but somedays-- like today i just breakdown....

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
I hope I didn't come off as being insensitive. :eek:

I am not dealing with a refusal, but I have not seen my husband in almost 18 months, so I can relate to the feeling down in the dumps part.

Everyone offers the advice to just keep busy and the time will pass. Realistically, it is impossible. In my head I imagine throwing a bucket of water on them and telling them to just walk around and in time they will dry.. lol

It is a very hard and emotionally draining process, I don't have any pretty words that will make it go away to offer you. I can only tell you that I understand, as many on this forum do.

I feel for you and can offer a hug. ;D (((((HUG)))) Keep your chin up.

Ankit_Sonam

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Jan'2012
AOR Received.
2nd April'2012
File Transfer...
18th Jan'2012
Med's Done....
19th Feb'2012
Interview........
24th July'2012
Passport Req..
12th April'2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 June' 2014
I totally feel you...I think what makes it harder is even talking about it..family and friends constantly asking "when is your husband coming." I usually don't do these post..but today i'm feeling super down..

Thanks for the hug Girl! I really hope the best for you and your husband..i always tell mine this distance just shows how strong our love is for each other!

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
That is it exactly, it will strengthen your relationship. I know what you mean about the friends a family asking all the time, I actually fell into a bit of depression, I have avoided most family and friends because I just can't take the questions. I even had a few family members tell me I should have know what I was getting into in the first place, and not show any or offer any support...

I admit I was naive in regards to the process, but still it was hurtful to hear.

Don't worry about doing or not doing this type of post, every bit of support we can muster is important. So if it comes from here then so be it!

I hope the best for you too, and thanks for the well wishes.

You are already this far into it, and I am sure the end is near. Might seem like a moot point but Toronto wait time is like 2 years from what I have heard, so maybe you can use that to be thankful your time is less...Any positive light on it right?

Take Care!

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
1st Med- Jun'12/Re-med Sept'13
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
1st PPR-Sep'12/ 2nd PPR-Sept'13
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
Sad news..... After a long wait for 9 months our file is rejected :( n the reason as they state is that our marriage is not legal under Hindu marriage act coz my wife is a foreigner buddhist & I am an Indian sikh (we both come under hindus as per the hindu marriage act, coz else why the f*** we wud register our marriage under hindu act & why the f****** registrar wud register our marriage under hindu marriage act)!!! To support this fact we had sent further documentation which was sent well within the time stipulated!!!

But as per their letter it seems they havent recieved or looked the documents we sent.... Coz the decision has been taken based on the interview, n they also lied that I said in the interview that my wife is a christian which I in my wildest dreamz wont say coz thats not true... Now i have emailed them and also sending the package again coz this is unfair that they take the decision without cheking the docs...

Guys apart from this we are thinking to re-apply rather than appeal!!! What's ur views on this?????

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Ankit_Sonam said:
Thanks for the reply.

I have known my husband since April 2009- Time my sisters marriage proposal and are families are related distance wise. And i actually met my husband Jan 2010.

Yes, ive heard Vancouver times are faster...but it has already been 8 months (applied for appeal in Aug 2012)..Not sure where this is going..

I try to be strong- but somedays-- like today i just breakdown....
try waiting 28 months for full Hearing in Toronto like I had to. This month is 4 years for me. My heart was broken into a thousand pieces and re-doing these forms (as easy as they may seem) has become most difficult. You will have bad and worse days.....just remember---everyday that goes by means you are one day closer ! :D

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
cal2can said:
Sad news..... After a long wait for 9 months our file is rejected :( n the reason as they state is that our marriage is not legal under Hindu marriage act coz my wife is a foreigner buddhist & I am an Indian sikh (we both come under hindus as per the hindu marriage act, coz else why the f*** we wud register our marriage under hindu act & why the f****** registrar wud register our marriage under hindu marriage act)!!! To support this fact we had sent further documentation which was sent well within the time stipulated!!!

But as per their letter it seems they havent recieved or looked the documents we sent.... Coz the decision has been taken based on the interview, n they also lied that I said in the interview that my wife is a christian which I in my wildest dreamz wont say coz thats not true... Now i have emailed them and also sending the package again coz this is unfair that they take the decision without cheking the docs...

Guys apart from this we are thinking to re-apply rather than appeal!!! What's ur views on this?????
it will also depend where in Canada your case will be heard. Wait times vary a great deal. Just remember- you have 30 days to file the appeal

mexicanada

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico DF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2012
Doc's Request.
January 11 2013
AOR Received.
August 31 2012
File Transfer...
January 15 2013
Med's Request
December 11 2013
Med's Done....
February 15 2014 ( re done)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 8 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 29 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
cal2can said:

Stories like this make me so nervous! My husband is from Mexico and Catholic but doesn't practice the faith. I am Canadian and have no religion but believe in God just as much as a Catholic would. I would be so angry if my husbands application was rejected because they based our marriage as being "not genuine" because of that kind of difference. Does immigration actually do that??? Shouldn't that be illigal? Also I have seen where people are saying that in their interviews the IO is lying and thats what led to a refusal letter. Interviews should be taped and recorded for reasons like this!

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
mexicanada said:
Stories like this make me so nervous! My husband is from Mexico and Catholic but doesn't practice the faith. I am Canadian and have no religion but believe in God just as much as a Catholic would. I would be so angry if my husbands application was rejected because they based our marriage as being "not genuine" because of that kind of difference. Does immigration actually do that??? Shouldn't that be illigal? Also I have seen where people are saying that in their interviews the IO is lying and thats what led to a refusal letter. Interviews should be taped and recorded for reasons like this!
I think you are very wise. However, dont read too much about long wait times, denials and appeals. Its all true BUT chances are, you will be re united with your partner soon. Try to keep positive and busy ! :D

mexicanada

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico DF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2012
Doc's Request.
January 11 2013
AOR Received.
August 31 2012
File Transfer...
January 15 2013
Med's Request
December 11 2013
Med's Done....
February 15 2014 ( re done)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 8 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 29 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
It's really too bad that the immigration system is the way it is now due to all the people that have taken our sytem for granted and have totally abused it. Unfortunately the people who are in "Real" relationships and marriages have to suffer because things are so tainted. It's crazy to think that you have to "try" and prove to a total stranger that knows nothing about you, your partner or your relationship that its " genuine". With that being said I also understand why it has to be this way but hopefully they will continue to try and come up with some kind of solution to all the problems within the "Family Class".

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
mexicanada said:
It's really too bad that the immigration system is the way it is now due to all the people that have taken our sytem for granted and have totally abused it. Unfortunately the people who are in "Real" relationships and marriages have to suffer because things are so tainted. It's crazy to think that you have to "try" and prove to a total stranger that knows nothing about you, your partner or your relationship that its " genuine". With that being said I also understand why it has to be this way but hopefully they will continue to try and come up with some kind of solution to all the problems within the "Family Class".
I can appreciate that many relationships are questioned due to all the fraud in the past (and continues today) The issue I have is wait times once there is a rejection. 2 years + for an appeal is not acceptable. All that needs to be done is hire more VO's and add the cost to landing fees, therfore, not affecting the Canadian taxpayer. I just heard yesterday that Immigration Minister is trying to fast track backlogs. I assume (I hate that word) that means my case. :D