+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

hilsten

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Sager,

I am so happy for you, it feel like a drop of water in ocean. it will give us a new hope in our life to fight back more hard and hit harder then before.

Many many congratulation to you and specially your wife, who fought so well and slap on CIC VO. Have great life and be happy. This is like a bollywood movie when all is fine at end.

Your case will give us positive energy to fight and stay strong. You case is second example after Habiti case.

Welcome to great CANADA!!!!

Sagar5187

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Oct 2012 (rejected) went for Appeal (ADR)
Passport Req..
July 2012
hilsten said:
Sager,

I am so happy for you, it feel like a drop of water in ocean. it will give us a new hope in our life to fight back more hard and hit harder then before.

Many many congratulation to you and specially your wife, who fought so well and slap on CIC VO. Have great life and be happy. This is like a bollywood movie when all is fine at end.

Your case will give us positive energy to fight and stay strong. You case is second example after Habiti case.

Welcome to great CANADA!!!!
Ya, they had to agree. In ADR only they said that our marriage was genuine. She printed all evidence on her own and all the points without help of any lawyer or consultancy. I really advice if visa is rejected just for simple reasons, as in not enough proof and all, no need to waste money on lawyer, unless there are major issues like too much age diff or completely diff culture and all. It will save lots of money. Just refer to notes and prepare points accordingly.

satrup

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Canada-India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27 2013
AOR Received.
May 02 2013
File Transfer...
May 02 2013
Med's Request
March 03 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 2013
Interview........
Jan 22 2013
Passport Req..
June-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 31 2014
LANDED..........
Sometime in February
Mrs. Turan said:
You've already been asked to send your passport? Did you courier it? Why is it taking so long? I think I would be going crazy waiting after that. Congratulations!!! I'm happy for you. I hope it's me soon :)

My timeline:
Sponsorship approved March 4, 2010
Application received in Ankara, Turkey May 17, 2010
Interview of my husband June 23,2010
Denied Permanent Residence status July 30, 2010
IAD Appeal Hearing April 19,2011
Confirmation of successful appeal June 23, 2011
Files sent to Turkey: July 2011
Medical and pcc requested July 29, 2011
Received August 2, 2011
Medical began Processing in Paris September 5, 2011
Waiting waiting waiting...
Please advise on your status. Are you still waiting? Does it take that long?

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Just for everyone's info. My husband and I received the refusal letter the day after the interview. We received it via email. With the email was also the information on filing for an appeal. All I had to do was fill out the form, print off the refusal letter and mail it to the IAD. They give you 30 days to file an appeal.

My question is how do we address the issues raised by the IO? That our relationship is not genuine because, in the words of the officer, my husband did not address her concerns. For example, she stated that I am not integrated into his life.

Things that are not in our favour are:
1. Our age difference. He is much younger than me (16 years)
2. I am caucasian and he is African.
3. He is Nigerian - a country known for scams
4. He is quite stoic and calm - not particularly emotional and a very private person
5. I am the financial supporter in the relationship. My husband is a student and I support his studies.
6. We had a small wedding with 13 guests, all on his side as my family could not travel to Nigeria (health and financial reasons) and a brief informal reception.
7. We met online on a dating website. We chatted online for 6 months before I went to Nigeria to meet him. He was declined for a visitor's visa to Canada in October 2011. Then declined again in spring 2012 and then again in the fall of 2012.
8. We married after 1.5 years (in January 2013) and with two visits to Nigeria by me - the second one being for our wedding. I was able to stay for 2 weeks each time due to work restrictions.

We supplied all of our emails, cards and notes, photos of us together, and our wedding. I even submitted our Scrabble score sheets! All of our receipts, my travel receipts and copies of my passport stamps. I submitted my personal journal of my first trip. The only thing I did not think to submit were our wedding cards.

Now I am thinking that we need to get wills, joint bank accounts, joint credit cards and so forth. I do not know what else we can do to prove that our relationship is genuine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also can anyone tell me how exactly their lawyer or consultant helped them to prepare for the ADR and/or hearing? Should we try to go through the appeal process without a lawyer or consultant?

Peach

Thank you.

Lenchik

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
27-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2013 refused. blue book - July 2013. ADR - May,2014
Sagar5187 said:
For us it was around 3.5 months from ADR hearing date to date i got visa.
Thank you, once again wish u all the best

Disappointed

Sep 7, 2013
Hi guys, I just received a refusal letter from Nairobi, Kenya. Initially, I filed as common-law husband but then after my wife had an interview (before we married) which did not go well, I travelled and married her before the decision was made on our application. I also did send all marriage documents, pictures etc to the interviewing officer. He took 6 months after interview to send me a refusal letter. His reason was so ridiculous; he said he did have pictures of witnesses at the Registry. I thought our many picture and the marriage certificate is all he needed. I also told them if they need more picture, I have them with me and I am willing and ready to send them but they never ask for one. So now I have to either appeal his decision to ADR/IAD and/or re-apply as a married couple and file it to Mississauga all dejavu. What shall I do guys, please share your experience. Do I need to hire lawyer for ADR? If so How much it will cost me approximately? My wife is hurt and she has really impatient because she does not understand how frustrating this process can be. So I need to take the quicker road/option. Please share your experience and thoughts as much as you guys can. Thank you.

sidhurp

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 19 2013
AOR Received.
MARCH 14 2013
Med's Done....
JAN 10 2013
Passport Req..
APRIL 18 2013
hi, me and my husband have big education difference .can anybody tell it can cause red flag . he has only 8th grade .i have bachelor degree.

kmartin

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
Doc's Request.
31-08-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Interview........
11-3-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
God Knows,,,,,,
sidhurp said:
hi, me and my husband have big education difference .can anybody tell it can cause red flag . he has only 8th grade .i have bachelor degree.
Hey Sidhurp, You nvr know about those *censored word*s sitting in embassy where they raise red flag on any issue or without an issue. So jst keep calm. Pray to god that evrything goes well. Wish u luck and i pray that your husband will get Visa.

M

mikeymyke

sidhurp said:
It is a red flag, because the VO wants to see compatibility between couples. Not too large age difference, similar religion, culture, language, hobbies/interests, values, and education.

However it's not a big deal if the rest of your relationship background is solid.

eeza

May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013,package resent due to no med,24-02-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
nov.6,2013
LANDED..........
dec.10,2013
mikeymyke said:
It is a red flag, because the VO wants to see compatibility between couples. Not too large age diference, similar religion, culture, language, hobbies/interests, values, and education.

However it's not a big deal if the rest of your relationship background is solid.
hi,my husband was also 8th grade,15yrs older than me,i had a master degree,bt everything went well.we already got PPR.

kmartin

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
Doc's Request.
31-08-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Interview........
11-3-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
God Knows,,,,,,
eeza said:
hi,my husband was also 8th grade,15yrs older than me,i had a master degree,bt everything went well.we already got PPR.
For Applicant Real Game starts after PPR so Wish you luck.......all the best.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Sagar5187 said:
Hi Double Rainbow,
It was ADR. In ADR hearing they told my wife that we are convienced that our marriage is genuine and after 2 weeks we got letter of the same. We appeal in Mid of Nov last year, received notes in March starting, then in april 2nd week we got letter that its ADR we gonna get and hearing date they gave was in june 1st week. In june end they told us that our appeal is successful. In july first week they asked to redo medical, PCC and fill out few forms. So we send them by july mid. in Aug end they asked to sumbit my passport through VFS and last week i got the visa.

If you need any more info pls feel free to ask. Wish you all the best for your appeal.
:D Hi Sagar Thankyou so very much for your much needed information. I am about 3 months behind you. I received my notes (blue book) July 10th notice to appeal received by IAD February 05th '13 I have not received anymore news. The lawyer I hired said Vanc office is about 4 months behind just now I hope it is soon :( I am worried my biopsy was on Sept 12th and just waiting for results too see if it is lymphoma. If it is I will need chemo and I hope I will feel well enough for my hearing :eek: ??? What is VFS?

Sagar5187

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Oct 2012 (rejected) went for Appeal (ADR)
Passport Req..
July 2012
Double Rainbow said:
:D Hi Sagar Thankyou so very much for your much needed information. I am about 3 months behind you. I received my notes (blue book) July 10th notice to appeal received by IAD February 05th '13 I have not received anymore news. The lawyer I hired said Vanc office is about 4 months behind just now I hope it is soon :( I am worried my biopsy was on Sept 12th and just waiting for results too see if it is lymphoma. If it is I will need chemo and I hope I will feel well enough for my hearing :eek: ??? What is VFS?
Hope you dont get okay soon and dont have to go through Chemo. Everthing will be fine with gods grace and your ADR will be okay.

VFS is just a office which just handles passport and visa application from applicant to Canadian embassy.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Sagar5187 said:
Hi Double Rainbow,
It was ADR. In ADR hearing they told my wife that we are convienced that our marriage is genuine and after 2 weeks we got letter of the same. We appeal in Mid of Nov last year, received notes in March starting, then in april 2nd week we got letter that its ADR we gonna get and hearing date they gave was in june 1st week. In june end they told us that our appeal is successful. In july first week they asked to redo medical, PCC and fill out few forms. So we send them by july mid. in Aug end they asked to sumbit my passport through VFS and last week i got the visa.

If you need any more info pls feel free to ask. Wish you all the best for your appeal.
My congratulations dear sagar
i'm happy for both of you
good luck for the new life in Canada.!!