+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"All Sikhs". New threads On Language/Religious Basis. Not Sure good Idea

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
We have threads on regional basis, Like Dubai Applicants, Nigeria Applicants, Delhi Applicants, make sense. Then some one started a thread on Language basis, saying All Punjabis, and now it is " All Sikhs". Some one will now start All Hindus, and then some one all Muslims. Not sure it is a very bright idea and puts you off a little. No offence meant to any one but I find these kind of threads a little offensive.

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
New threads On Language/Religious Basis. Not Sure good Idea

mirza897 said:
We have threads on regional basis, Like Dubai Applicants, Nigeria Applicants, Delhi Applicants, make sense. Then some one started a thread on Language basis, saying All Punjabis, and now it is " All Sikhs". Some one will now start All Hindus, and then some one all Muslims. Not sure it is a very bright idea and puts you off a little. No offence meant to any one but I find these kind of threads a little offensive.
If someone has started thread with title "All Punjabi"; what is wrong with that? they can have similar kind of obstacle; as in India; Punjabi is mostly spoken in Punjab, so environment in govt. office, culture etc. is same for similar case; that experience can help to collect the required doc or it may be easy to understand issue for each other for such group.
BUT they must understand that they are virtually restricting the replies from non-Punjabi; as non-Punjabi seniors may not have interest in to looking into the thread.
Even if someone starts threads with all Muslims / Hindus / Christians/ Sikhs; I do not take is as offense. It's someone's choice. But they may loose opinion of other seniors for their posts. I do not encourage such threads but I do not find it offensive too.
If someone starts thread with a thought; people who like that thread; would join; rest may not join; I found it is simple logic.

Good Luck...

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
I just looked into thread Punjabi Kudiya... lets get connected.....!
till first 4 pages; there were only welcome & social messages;
till first 4 pages; there was no question for Canada Visa application issue; but they have posted hilarious messages.
They are sharing lite moments in this forum where most of us come with problems (doubts).

they are enjoying in that thread in their native language. So enjoy those messages if you understand Punjabi.

good luck.

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
Thanks pooja for understanding.

I find nothing offensive at all. We are social people and always try to find people with whom we feel comfortable although it doesn't make sense if we limit ourselves with those only. I have started mentioned thread but I am active on other threads too.

conclusively,take it easy...! ;D

hangza

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right gal,

That's the way life is, should not take things too seroiusly and other way around aswell. Well i agree to your point pooja.

Though all have right to say and do what they believe aswell. We are in free world.

Have fun, GOD BLESS.

hangza

confirmedimmigrant

Jun 2, 2010
@MIRZA.... U R RIGHT....hmm.. i am grossly disappointed with all this comments above. when u bring religion,language into a forum then it is no longer a forum. LETS assume we are all in a conference and for a common purpose, then we all start speaking our local dialets. then , segregration comes in. we are here to learn from each other,when u write in ur language ,how do i gain from ur forum? and vice versa. so when u write in ur language u deprive pple like me from learning from ur forum, and if others do same them am sure we all know what this forum would be like now... TERRIBLE... personally i enjoy the company of indians , bangladesh, pakistan ,nepal etc. i have them in my class, and they are fond of always communicating in their local dialets and being in the uk,where they can improve their english as most of them dont have a sound english background, tell me how would they improve their english when they keep speaking thier own language.No offence here though. am sure its this same attitude that most of them take to wherever they go and when secluded they claim racism. IN SUMMARY U CAN SPEAK UR DIALET AS U LIKE BUT NOT IN PUBLIC FORUM. :p ;D :eek:

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a "PUBLIC FORUM"... the word stressed here is "PUBLIC". I do not think these threads are offensive as they are within the boundaries of civility so the sentiments of the LARGE public is not hurt by any means, on the other hand it is really helping people to connect and move forward. I am sure if they would have been "offensive" the administrator would have blocked the thread.

I agree with Pooja that if there's an important case the member would not get help as the language of communication is not Universal.

Carry on the good work Lakhvinder.... you are supported. Support is the magic word in this FORUM guys.

Mitali

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
confirmedimmigrant said:
@ MIRZA.... U R RIGHT....hmm.. i am grossly disappointed with all this comments above. when u bring religion,language into a forum then it is no longer a forum. LETS assume we are all in a conference and for a common purpose, then we all start speaking our local dialets. then , segregration comes in. we are here to learn from each other,when u write in ur language ,how do i gain from ur forum? and vice versa. so when u write in ur language u deprive pple like me from learning from ur forum, and if others do same them am sure we all know what this forum would be like now... TERRIBLE... personally i enjoy the company of indians , bangladesh, pakistan ,nepal etc. i have them in my class, and they are fond of always communicating in their local dialets and being in the uk,where they can improve their english as most of them dont have a sound english background, tell me how would they improve their english when they keep speaking thier own language.No offence here though. am sure its this same attitude that most of them take to wherever they go and when secluded they claim racism. IN SUMMARY U CAN SPEAK UR DIALET AS U LIKE BUT NOT IN PUBLIC FORUM. :p ;D :eek:
Sorry, I am not sure if you understood my message correctly. Please look into "lakhvinder.kaur" message above; she is participating in that thread but for technical (Canada application related) issues she is contributing / participating outside that thread. So there is no reason to disappoint as no body is missing any technical debate here.

As you said; LETS assume we are all in a conference and for a common purpose, then we all start speaking our local dialets. then , segregration comes in.
I agree with you on this issue; but please remember that no body is replying to technical messages in native language started with technical Title. If someone has started a thread (conference) with (just) technical issue; all are participating in English (not in native) language; your point is already taken care.

But after the conference; other have option to communicate & enjoy in any language (that's what they may do in that specific thread).

Friends please no offence to any one for my words; I am just going to make a point and that is not specific to any one (a group or religion); confirmedimmigrant; lot of participants have religious logo or country-wise logo next to their name; does that break any protocol of public forum; I do not think so. I think, nothing is offensive until someone use bad words for anyone.
:)

confirmedimmigrant

Jun 2, 2010
Well.... from my point of view, u mean to say that in punjabi forum they dont discuss technical issues, hence nothing for me to gain in "All sikhs" forum as well as " punjabi" forum. if that is the case then why such fora.....on candian immigration. lol. :eek:. i hope soon everyone starts their dialet forum and only contribute to technical issues wherever the thread may be. finally, i aint got nothing to loose in a forum based on dialets, now that i know there is nothing to gain either. Thanks. case closed. :p 8)

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
mirza897 said:
You are right. I live in Punjab but I am not Punjabi. I don't feel I fit in with the people in the forum and it is not about helping people living in that region but of a linguistic group. I cannot speak their language so I don't join their forum. I don't see what problems they could have that is different from a non-Punjabi speaking person living in Punjab. That thread starts off welcoming anyone who can speak Punjabi regardless of where they live, so the person saying below it is mainly for those living in Punjab is totally wrong and making excuses. This is what creates division. Most of these people will go to Canada and live in a bubble, creating ethnic ghettos. But what can we do, they are not open minded about other people as we are.

cancer24

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-APR-10[CIO]
Doc's Request.
24-JUN-10
AOR Received.
27-JUL-10[2nd]
IELTS Request
16-Mar-10[Score 8]
File Transfer...
30-JUN-10
I think we have better things to worry about now days, right? Especially since 26-Jun-2010.

We all bear one color/religion which is "Canadian PR".

Cancrazy

Dec 22, 2009
Hi

I agree with others that these kinds of threads are not the best thg here. This forum is for immigration issues and a separate thread like “New Delhi”, “London” is understandable but the division on the bases of religion etc is …….well ……a misfit here. Though these threads are of no harm, but If these are just for socializing, there are ample other forums on the net to do so which provides a much better platform. This is just my view. :)

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
New2Canada said:
You are right. I live in Punjab but I am not Punjabi. I don't feel I fit in with the people in the forum and it is not about helping people living in that region but of a linguistic group. I cannot speak their language so I don't join their forum. I don't see what problems they could have that is different from a non-Punjabi speaking person living in Punjab. That thread starts off welcoming anyone who can speak Punjabi regardless of where they live, so the person saying below it is mainly for those living in Punjab is totally wrong and making excuses. This is what creates division. Most of these people will go to Canada and live in a bubble, creating ethnic ghettos. But what can we do, they are not open minded about other people as we are.
what can we do, they are not open minded about other people as we are.

hahhaha...this is just a self evaluation man.... how come u conclude that who is open minded and who is not...

Actually u have proved that how open minded you are by starting a debate which has nothing to do with important issues... grow up guys... the world is vast... u can't evaluate some race religion on basis of your personal feelings or experiences..... do take care...