+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

WHJ

Apr 22, 2009
waqar.ahmad150 said:
Dear WHJ,

From your detail, i would advise you some important info for your trv:

-Make your travel history stronger.....Only UAE visa has no worth.....you should visit some other countries like Europe, UK etc.
-Only tourism is not a solid purpose of travel for Canadian trv. If you want to get TRV on tourism purpose then first visits said countries on tourism purpose.

- your bank assets are good for trv and other visas.
Purpose is to visit brother, sister in law and my nephew. its just not only tourism, your views now? please

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
safa.umair said:
What does it mean when visa office asks to do medicals again? I received a request today in the mail! Does this indicate ppr is soon? This is regarding my husbands immigration
It only means what it says exactly, you need to undergo medicals again. Reasons can vary depending upon your situation. Without any details on your case (whether it's a work permit application or a PR one, hard to say any thing else. Most likely if its PR, probably your earlier medicals have expired and you are required to undergo them again. If that's the case, it is a positive sign though you shouldn't assume that PPR is coming soon. It could go either way.

If it is a WP or other trv application and you haven't been over a year since you under took medicals (highly likely), then it means something on your earlier medicals was not satisfactory and you have to undergo again / detailed evaluation for some specific issue.

sa_273

Jul 16, 2014
Hi,
I'm Canadian of Pakistani Origin. My parents have applied Canadian Visit Visa two times. They are refused for the visa for both the times. Although the second time we tried to cover all of their objections. Is it true(as general impression) that immigration Canada will not allow visitor visa to parents and only option is Super Visa. Is their any possibility to get the visa next time. It is very expensive as they charge heavy price for finger prints from the applicants.

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
WHJ said:
Purpose is to visit brother, sister in law and my nephew. its just not only tourism, your views now? please
Dear WHJ,

Usually people get refusals due to week points in TRV. Visit to brother/sister does not mean anything in the view of VO so VO thinks that you will not leave Canada at the end of trip. This condition (purpose of visit to meet brother/sister) could only be valid if you have strong travel history. Otherwise, you can change your purpose of travel by using some alternate options. I have seen many cases especially in this forum in which most of people get refusals due to week travel history, week purpose of travel and week ties etc.

I can give you my own example. In my TRV, i had applied with strong purpose of travel other than to meet siblings even that my all family (brothers, sister and mother) are Canadian permanent residents. So, i got multiple trv visa with no strong travel history.

In the end, i would advise you, apply your trv case with strong and appropriate points. Before apply, you should focus on refusal points that how you can overcome these points?

Thanks

WHJ

Apr 22, 2009
waqar.ahmad150 said:
Dear WHJ,

Usually people get refusals due to week points in TRV. Visit to brother/sister does not mean anything in the view of VO so VO thinks that you will not leave Canada at the end of trip. This condition (purpose of visit to meet brother/sister) could only be valid if you have strong travel history. Otherwise, you can change your purpose of travel by using some alternate options. I have seen many cases especially in this forum in which most of people get refusals due to week travel history, week purpose of travel and week ties etc.

I can give you my own example. In my TRV, i had applied with strong purpose of travel other than to meet siblings even that my all family (brothers, sister and mother) are Canadian permanent residents. So, i got multiple trv visa with no strong travel history.

In the end, i would advise you, apply your trv case with strong and appropriate points. Before apply, you should focus on refusal points that how you can overcome these points?

Thanks
dear, i am a government officer, got this job after working day and night. I just want to spend some good time there. so what purpose would you recommend me to write that you mentioned in your earlier post about my alternate option. what that could be, what did you write in your purpose of travel. you say tourism is weak and visiting brother is also weak, so what should i mention. please help me with making my case stronger.

Jazakallah.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
berket said:
Hi What is the average time to process a TRV for my spouse in Pakistan?

Does she apply or do I apply for her?
Certainly she has to apply herself.

What kind of trv? Visitor trv - in which one wishes to only visit Canada once for a short term - max six months and does not require medicals. This is processed in roughly 2 months or so, and is not really what you should be looking for, since spouses don't visit their husbands for a short time, they intend to live with them for as long as they are there. Hence high chances of refusals in this case.

TRV for spouse / children of a student / skilled worker. This one takes about the same time as an open work permit (six months on average from Pakistan as processing time, though good profile cases might be through sooner). This requires medicals as well as other details of profile

Mosal

May 27, 2014
fkl said:
TRV for spouse / children of a student / skilled worker. This one takes about the same time as an open work permit (six months on average from Pakistan as processing time, though good profile cases might be through sooner). This requires medicals as well as other details of profile
What process time will it take to apply for study permit for minor children of parent currenlty doing Masters?. Is that the same as OWP?

berket

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
fkl said:
Certainly she has to apply herself.

What kind of trv? Visitor trv - in which one wishes to only visit Canada once for a short term - max six months and does not require medicals. This is processed in roughly 2 months or so, and is not really what you should be looking for, since spouses don't visit their husbands for a short time, they intend to live with them for as long as they are there. Hence high chances of refusals in this case.

Ok but with a visitor TRV i can renew it after 6 months to extend the stay? I mean even if i can get her to stay 6 months thats prretty good...considering im about one year into my sponsorship case. We might be able to spend some time together.

What type of TRV do most people apply for?

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
berket said:
Ok but with a visitor TRV i can renew it after 6 months to extend the stay? I mean even if i can get her to stay 6 months thats prretty good...considering im about one year into my sponsorship case. We might be able to spend some time together.

What type of TRV do most people apply for?

Thanks
Yes, you can renew IF YOU GET IT IN THE FIRST place. I have rarely seen any one in situation similar as yours getting a visitor trv approved. That is the whole point. They would refuse saying "no strong ties etal, purpose of visit" and gcms notes would say something along the lines "not showing true intent". Of course you can be lucky but that is the most common output. Having a sponsorship application won't have any impact on this.

People apply (and should apply) for the type of trv they really need. If they are going for a business visit or family visit or some thing else, then they apply for visitor. For a spouse of some body who is a student / worker, it should be a trv requiring medicals and permitting longer stay without exception.

berket

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
fkl said:
Yes, you can renew IF YOU GET IT IN THE FIRST place. I have rarely seen any one in situation similar as yours getting a visitor trv approved. That is the whole point. They would refuse saying "no strong ties etal, purpose of visit" and gcms notes would say something along the lines "not showing true intent". Of course you can be lucky but that is the most common output. Having a sponsorship application won't have any impact on this.

People apply (and should apply) for the type of trv they really need. If they are going for a business visit or family visit or some thing else, then they apply for visitor. For a spouse of some body who is a student / worker, it should be a trv requiring medicals and permitting longer stay without exception.
Got it! So the next question is what are the chances of getting the other TRV which takes 6 months? Is it worth it? Are there better chances than the regular visitor visa

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi everyone,

Is there a spread sheet for Super Visa timelines for Islamabad? If not, let's start one. Who is in?

Thanks,

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
berket said:
Got it! So the next question is what are the chances of getting the other TRV which takes 6 months? Is it worth it? Are there better chances than the regular visitor visa
Sure it is worth it if you have a clear cut case and there are better chances because you are putting a genuine case (visitor trv in this case is not genuine), though if principal applicant is a university student or skilled worker, its better to get SOWP instead even if your spouse has no plans to work. My wife as well as at least 4-5 different colleagues / friends i know are all on SOWP and all of us got those from Pakistan without even having a PR application in process.

tehtaimuriirl

Sep 24, 2014
Hello everyone I recently shift to Ireland on study visa my gnib and pps card are done i.would like to.visit canada wat r the doc required even.i have.got my 1 yr multiple entry.visa.of ireland too plz let me.know my sis is a residence over thr and please let me.know do I need to.show bank statement too

berket

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
fkl said:
Sure it is worth it if you have a clear cut case and there are better chances because you are putting a genuine case (visitor trv in this case is not genuine), though if principal applicant is a university student or skilled worker, its better to get SOWP instead even if your spouse has no plans to work. My wife as well as at least 4-5 different colleagues / friends i know are all on SOWP and all of us got those from Pakistan without even having a PR application in process.
That sounds like a good idea. But let me ask you this scenario. I have my an application in for sponsorship which is in 9 months. What happens if the sponsorship case is approved while the TRV is in progress or...... she gets the TRV comes here and the Sponsorship is approved after or a medical exam is requested?