fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@ danishcda some body posted her timeline on another thread though this was a SOWP application from isb approved recently

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-open-work-permit-t103723.0.html;msg3464390#msg3464390

farwa ff said:
Hello ALL :)
Just to share with everyone that atlast my spouse open work permit got Approved today..
so happy... :)

My timeline
Applied: May 3rd
Medical request : 24th July
Medical submitted : 11th August
Med approved :18th August
Finally Visa Approved : 27th August

danishcda

Aug 14, 2014
Thanks fkl. So I guess Canadian Embassy is still operating in Islamabad. Although, this case was for work permit, so timeline doesn't really apply to TRV.

Ali Rizwan

Aug 25, 2014
Hi every body,

I am a 38 years old male from Pakistan with a wife and 3 kids. We have got Landing permission and now I am thinking to move to Canada. Please allow me to tell you my background in details. I have 15+ years experience in banking industry (Corporate Banking + Planning) with one of the largets global bank. Currently I am on a management level position. The only reason for me & my wife to move to Canada is better furture for our kids in terms of education, security, social values etc. My wife is the stay at home mom so I will be the only person to work. I would appreciate if any one of you could give us thier opinion/suggestions/information on our decision to move to canada. Please note that I am assuming to start from scratch when we move there.

1) Banking Jobs in Canada (in terms of my brief resume above)& where, how difficult it is, do I need any certification? .
2) Tetative Salaray that I can earn even as a starter.
3) Schoole advice for my kids.

I am sorry for this long statement.

Godd bless you all.

Regards

assassin

Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
7/11/2014
Passport Req..
Decision made: Nov 14, passport request 26/2/2015, passport sent on March 2, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 11, 2015
My wife received passport request today for her TRV :) :D ;D.

Below is the timeline:

Applied: July 15
Medical Request: Aug 5
Medical done: Aug 21
Passport Request: Sept 3

danishcda

Aug 14, 2014
Assassin, that sounds like a good news. You mentioned TRV. How come your wife was being asked for a medical? Also, are you living in Canada or you are in Pakistan and your wife has just applied alone for visiting Canada?

Please also advise if you applied online or had paper application.

Thanks

assassin said:
My wife received passport request today for her TRV :) :D ;D.

Below is the timeline:

Applied: July 15
Medical Request: Aug 5
Medical done: Aug 21
Passport Request: Sept 3

assassin

Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
7/11/2014
Passport Req..
Decision made: Nov 14, passport request 26/2/2015, passport sent on March 2, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 11, 2015
danishcda said:
Assassin, that sounds like a good news. You mentioned TRV. How come your wife was being asked for a medical? Also, are you living in Canada or you are in Pakistan and your wife has just applied alone for visiting Canada?

Please also advise if you applied online or had paper application.

Thanks
I believe she will be getting a multiple entry visa, hence they asked for medical. I am in Canada and my wife's spousal sponsorship is underway.
I applied online.

danishcda

Aug 14, 2014
Ali Rizwan, your query is a difficult one. Noone can tell you for sure how Canadian market will deal with you. It depends upon person to person. However, majority of the new immigrants find it very hard to obtain a job in their own field right after coming to Canada. Majority of the immigrants who choose to continue their careers in their own area of expertise, would go on to study in Canada. Even a 6 month to 1 year course or certification in securities, banking, accounting etc will help you find a job in Canada. A Degree or a higher certification is ofcourse better.

However, be prepared to finance yourself and/or putting in lots of hours working and studying at the same time. Even women of lots of new immigrants work part-time or full-time, which is a great help, specially for someone in your position. You can obtain student loan if you go for a diploma or a degree, but that you have to pay-off as well. In short, you are choosing Canada for your children, so you have to be prepared to give sacrifice of your time, money and social life. But things could be entirely different for you as well, and you may end up finding a job in your field right away. For that keep on praying and try your best upon arrival.

Good luck.

Ali Rizwan said:
Hi every body,

I am a 38 years old male from Pakistan with a wife and 3 kids. We have got Landing permission and now I am thinking to move to Canada. Please allow me to tell you my background in details. I have 15+ years experience in banking industry (Corporate Banking + Planning) with one of the largets global bank. Currently I am on a management level position. The only reason for me & my wife to move to Canada is better furture for our kids in terms of education, security, social values etc. My wife is the stay at home mom so I will be the only person to work. I would appreciate if any one of you could give us thier opinion/suggestions/information on our decision to move to canada. Please note that I am assuming to start from scratch when we move there.

1) Banking Jobs in Canada (in terms of my brief resume above)& where, how difficult it is, do I need any certification? .

Godd bless you all.

Regards

assassin

Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
7/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 11, 2015
torontob said:
Is the DMP in Islamabad on active duty? If not, where does everyone do their medical exams?

Thanks,
My wife did her medical in Lahore. It seems impossible to get a hold of anyone in Islamabad. They are not answering phone or returning the email. You can go directly to the DMP in Lahore and they will give you an appointment.

danishcda

Aug 14, 2014
Wow Assassin. Although, a request of passport does not really mean that visa has been granted, but if your wife actually gets TRV, you would be really lucky. Best of luck.

assassin said:
I believe she will be getting a multiple entry visa, hence they asked for medical. I am in Canada and my wife's spousal sponsorship is underway.
I applied online.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
assassin said:
I applied online.
The visitor record for a trv that allows you to live with spouse for as long as their work permit is there is different from a normal VISITOR trv.

It is visitor trv that does not require medicals.

The difference is that such a trv does not restrict max stay in one time to 6 months (which is the case with visitor trvs even if they are multiple entry).

Similarly super visa is also a special kind of trv which does not have the regular visitor visa restrictions and also requires medicals.

E.g. i went on a work permit and two of my children have multiple entry trvs. They required medicals - but their visitor records permit they to stay for as long as i am in Canada (validity of work permit and their trvs). So no restriction of only six months in a single visit.

Hope that helps

Ali Rizwan

Aug 25, 2014
Thanks Danishcda for your useful suggestion.

Trying to make myself strong to take this decision and your advise will definitely help me take right decision.

Best regards

Ali Rizwan

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Ali Rizwan said:
Hi every body,

Godd bless you all.

Regards
Hi Ali Rizwan,

I might be able to make a few suggestions and compare a good private sector Pakistani living with similar one in Canada since i might have several factors similar to you though there are many differences.

Quick background, i work in IT, close to a decade of experience in a specialized area and worked for several MCN's in Pakistan. Moved to Canada on a work permit being offered job from a company looking for the particular experience. I also have 3 kids aged between 2 and 8.

A) Canada is notorious for being obsessed with Canadian experience. Unless they FAIL to find local people skilled in some domain OR there is a shortage of people in some area, your Pakistani or experience from ANY WHERE will not be as valued as expected. Unfortunately the most affected professions that i see because of this are Accounting, MBAs, Finance et al since there is no particular shortage of people in these professions in Canada and hence people have a hard time even getting into those professions. I have seen VPs from back home considering themselves lucky finding first job at an entry level position.

B) It is hard to live with a single salary, specially if you have been making a couple hundred thousand in Pak. Here most of the stuff goes away in Taxes and you would be forced to plan and be careful even with small expenses.

C) Banking, accounting, finance or HR kind of domains usually need awareness of Canadian laws and often require certifications to be eligible to work here. It is not uncommon for a family to have a hard time finding first job - even up to a year. So usual advice is to bring in enough savings to be able to survive a year and be prepared to do odd jobs if you have to. I honestly cannot quote a starting salary - because honestly i am not even sure if they would accept you directly for a banking role.

But average Canadian annual wages are around 46k CAD.

D) Public schooling is good and mostly free (4 and above years old) and you might have to pay a few hundred dollars a year for misc expenses. For kids who are younger day care or pre school is damn expensive (35-40 CAD a day). Compared to Pakistan standards, children enjoy study more, have almost no burden. I believe co curricular and personality elements are very good - academia is just okay. It will be next to impossible for a child having studied here for a few years to fit into system like Pakistan. There are virtually no exams here of the kind we are used to in Pak.

E) Health care is mostly public funded but in almost half the provinces you need to get insurance privately for the first 3 months. DO IT. It is damn expensive otherwise and being public the waiting times are insane for getting any kind of treatment unless your life is at stake. This is a bigger shock for people with private corporate insurances in Pakistan - getting pretty good service at top private hospitals in Pak and far less waiting times as compared to Canada.

If you ask for my advice, you should come alone for a while (may be not leaving your job in home country and come on leave - until you find a job here). Try lining up a few interviews in advance by contacting remotely, come here and utilize that time.

You should only bring your family once you have an okay job.

Honestly, i haven't had to look for job at all so far because i already came with a job and it is going on well. But the situation of others that i have seen, it is definitely a hard beginning for close to a year.

Hope that helps.

Ali Rizwan

Aug 25, 2014
Thanks alot fkl for a detailed reply. Yes I am also thinking to first go on leave to canada and see the market and than take a decision and the information that you have provided will be really helpful.

By the way...what is the tax rate in general....?

Best regards

Ali