+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

rehan910

Feb 11, 2014
Hi Every one,
I belong to Peshawar and my parents recently got super visa,now travel agent is asking to them for return ticket.Is any one go through the same process,can advise me what I have to do and I would appreciate if some specific travel agent or Airline information is given who knows about super visa Canada duration which is two years.
Thanks.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
friends please tell me one thing for TRV Canada how ill receive passport request letter? through email or a letter i will receive from embassy through courier???

please reply asap.

SoniFaheem

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2014 Alhamdolillah
File Transfer...
In Process 21-07-2015
Med's Request
22-07-2015 (re-med request) 17-Aug-2015 re-med DONE
Med's Done....
17-07-2014 (#1 done upfront)
Interview........
Decision Made 07-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
11-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-Sep-2015 Alhamdulillah!!
QUESTION: does my husband's notarized copy of his CNIC have to be translated into English as well? Is this done by the notary as well? He sent me the notarized photocopy. THe actual CNIC is with him in Pakistan. The notarized copy is not translated to english. Is this a problem? Does he have to do this step again and send me a translated & notarized copy of his CNIC?

many thanks for any advice.

SoniFaheem

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2014 Alhamdolillah
File Transfer...
In Process 21-07-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
SNSMTL said:
There is no such requirement of medicals or police certificate for trv. Download the application package from cic website for trv and follow the document checklist.

It can be bit faster,If he submits the application online. With the paper based application its taking at least 70 calender days from the day he would submit the application at one of the VACs in Pakistan.
Thanks a bunch for your response. I read on the Document checklist the following:

Optional: proof of completion of the upfront medical examination from the Panel Physician

So does this mean, eventually they will request a medical? What about the medical he has just completed for the spousal sponsorship application?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@SoniFaheem as you have already been told medicals are not required for regular visitor trv.

Moreover, generally medicals are valid for a year so those done for Sponsorship can be used for another type of visa application that requires medicals.

Police certificates also have some validity (i kind of forgot that but most likely it is written on the PC itself). If you are with in validity same could be used.

For NIC it is up to you to translate.

I believe a good number of people did get translations done. Personally i didn't and it never had any impact. To be safe, you should get one

malahim

Jul 12, 2014
i applied 11 June 2014 cic from Riyadh Saudi Arabia here time limit is 21 days but after 70 days today i got passport request thank god :-* :-* :-* ;)

sarah123

Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD / LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Expired
Interview........
Hopefully No
Passport Req..
Insha Allah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
fkl said:
WS,

You should apply for spousal sponsorship which generally takes about 24-32 months of processing from Pakistan. You can attempt trv but it is very likely to be refused because of your purpose of visit. No spouse visits her husband for a few days. They intend to live with him and the appropriate way for that is spousal PR sponsorship.
Very precise and correct info.
Nice

sarah123

Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD / LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Expired
Interview........
Hopefully No
Passport Req..
Insha Allah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
SoniFaheem said:
QUESTION: does my husband's notarized copy of his CNIC have to be translated into English as well? Is this done by the notary as well? He sent me the notarized photocopy. THe actual CNIC is with him in Pakistan. The notarized copy is not translated to english. Is this a problem? Does he have to do this step again and send me a translated & notarized copy of his CNIC?

many thanks for any advice.
Hello Dear
Plz ask ur husband to get the latest NIC that is called smart card
from nadra in English.
Its usually given in 7-10 days.
Its very useful and is not to bevtranslated as its already in English.

sarah123

Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD / LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Expired
Interview........
Hopefully No
Passport Req..
Insha Allah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
malahim said:
i applied 11 June 2014 cic from Riyadh Saudi Arabia here time limit is 21 days but after 70 days today i got passport request thank god :-* :-* :-* ;)
Many many congragulations.

SoniFaheem

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2014 Alhamdolillah
File Transfer...
In Process 21-07-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
fkl said:
@ SoniFaheem as you have already been told medicals are not required for regular visitor trv.

Moreover, generally medicals are valid for a year so those done for Sponsorship can be used for another type of visa application that requires medicals.

Police certificates also have some validity (i kind of forgot that but most likely it is written on the PC itself). If you are with in validity same could be used.

For NIC it is up to you to translate.

I believe a good number of people did get translations done. Personally i didn't and it never had any impact. To be safe, you should get one
Apologies for asking twice, perhaps I wasn't clear in my query.

In the event that CIC requests either a medical (as it is listed as optional until requested) or police certificate for the trv -
If I have already submitted the original medical/police certificate for sponsorship - how would I use the same one again? Just a photocopy would do?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
SoniFaheem said:
Apologies for asking twice, perhaps I wasn't clear in my query.

In the event that CIC requests either a medical (as it is listed as optional until requested) or police certificate for the trv -
If I have already submitted the original medical/police certificate for sponsorship - how would I use the same one again? Just a photocopy would do?
Sure - photo copy of what? You usually only get a medical invitation letter, not a copy of results or any thing. That is in your file. Even if you do get results, they won't rely upon a submission from you, but rather look at CIC's record of applicant's medical. They need passport #, name, DOB, case file number as well as medical file numbers to track that.

So you need to indicate details like file number (medical records have a different number tied to applicant, that is not the case file number that visa office tracks you with).
Usually the medical file number and other details are indicated on medical invite letter you receive. So providing them with all this info FOR THE MEDICAL YOU ALREADY HAD DONE, the first time you underwent medicals, they should be able to correlate.

SoniFaheem

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2014 Alhamdolillah
File Transfer...
In Process 21-07-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
fkl said:
Sure - photo copy of what? You usually only get a medical invitation letter, not a copy of results or any thing. That is in your file. Even if you do get results, they won't rely upon a submission from you, but rather look at CIC's record of applicant's medical. They need passport #, name, DOB, case file number as well as medical file numbers to track that.

So you need to indicate details like file number (medical records have a different number tied to applicant, that is not the case file number that visa office tracks you with).
Usually the medical file number and other details are indicated on medical invite letter you receive. So providing them with all this info FOR THE MEDICAL YOU ALREADY HAD DONE, the first time you underwent medicals, they should be able to correlate.
Thank you so much, this is incredibly helpful, thank you.

SoniFaheem

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2014 Alhamdolillah
File Transfer...
In Process 21-07-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
11-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
sarah123 said:
Hello Dear
Plz ask ur husband to get the latest NIC that is called smart card
from nadra in English.
Its usually given in 7-10 days.
Its very useful and is not to bevtranslated as its already in English.
Thank you kindly, I greatly appreciate your advice as we were considering going this route! Thanks!!

xaideez

Apr 1, 2012
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Hi

My father got the supervisa in February 2013 for 1 year and 9 months. Actually his passport is going to expire in Dec 2014. He came to Canada in Aug 2013 and got the entry till Aug 2015 (2 year entry). Now i've his 10 year renewed passport. And i want to renew his visa before he leaves Canada.

Now my quesiton is :

Can i apply online ? If yes, How will they stamp the visa on his passport. (Remember i am talking about the sticker we get on passport).

danishcda

Aug 14, 2014
Hi, did anyone recently got the decision (received passport) from Canadian Visa Office Islamabad? Please share your timeline. We have applied since Jun 2, but still haven't received the passports back. VFS website says due to the political instability, movement of passports might be delayed, but wondering if anyone received passport in the last 15 days or so.