+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL H-1B HOLDERS IN U.S. LET'S CONNECT HERE WHO WANTS CANADIAN PR/CITIZENSHIP

Cai21

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Thanks for your response! May I ask why you didn't bring your car to Canada?

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for PR through Express Entry. I am wondering if I should do it on my own or approach a law form/agent? If you guys have applied, I would greatly appreciate your input and guidance.

Thanks!
It's very straight forward process. All the instructions are given on CIC website. If you think you have all the documents then Lawyers are not needed. If you don't have all the documents lawyers won't be able to help out anyways!

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Thanks for your response! May I ask why you didn't bring your car to Canada?
The second link in my original post is the answer to that. Hope it helps! :)

Reactions: Cai21

Gogetter2017

Oct 9, 2017
Can veteran members here pls confirm if staying in Windsor, Canada and travelling for work every day to US will allow to meet PR residency and citizenship residency? Is this something that anyone has asked CIC directly?

Also, did anyone do a lot of soft landings before finally moving and would those stays (like in hotels) count?

SunnyKharbanda

Dec 17, 2016
Hello everyone,
Hope you are doing great. I am currently in US on h1b and trying to immigrate to Canada. i recently gave IELTS, created profile and scored 401. I am Mechanical Engineer. I am hoping to get NOI from Ontario. I read they give NOI for 400 and above score. Can anybody inform how soon they give NOI? Reason i am asking is i have my birthday in about 3 weeks and i will lose points on account of age. Any information would be helpful.

gurpidesa

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi All,

I gave my IELTS some time back with a Score of 8.5. Currently waiting for my WAS assessment.

I am from Boston. Are there any Whatsapp groups for H1 B holders applying for EE?

Cai21

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hello everyone,
Hope you are doing great. I am currently in US on h1b and trying to immigrate to Canada. i recently gave IELTS, created profile and scored 401. I am Mechanical Engineer. I am hoping to get NOI from Ontario. I read they give NOI for 400 and above score. Can anybody inform how soon they give NOI? Reason i am asking is i have my birthday in about 3 weeks and i will lose points on account of age. Any information would be helpful.
Last I checked, OINP is still closed. At 401, it’s likely you can get a NOI from Ontario. Let’s keep our fingers crossed it opens before your birthday.

jitrulz

Nov 2, 2017
What happens to H1B after you move to Canada ?

after getting Canada PR and moving to canada, would i be able to extend my H1B? I assume NO because i am not working for a US client, hence there is no SOW etc to prove the need for extension. pls chime in
Scenario 1: lets say, my H1B expires during my long stay in Canada, and now I want to come back to US on H1B. would i have to go through lottery again or would I be cap-exempt ?

Scenario 2: i extend my H1B for 3 years before moving to canada. (Yey) lets say till 2020. now, I move to canada and stay there for 2 years. would i be able to come back on same H1B at the end of 2019 before my H1B expires? has anybody wondered or has experience?

jitrulz

Nov 2, 2017
Hi All,

I gave my IELTS some time back with a Score of 8.5. Currently waiting for my WAS assessment.
I am from Boston. Are there any Whatsapp groups for H1 B holders applying for EE?

exactly the same situation but not from Boston. let me know you want to tally notes.

Maverick007

Aug 1, 2017
Hi,
I am currently in US on H1-B visa. I had applied for PR and after 1 month i got a mail from CIC with subject "Visa Ready" and they are asking passports of me and my wife to be sent to CPC-Ottawa within 30 days to receive CPOR(Confirmation of Permanent Residence). The issue is my wife has never entered US and she is planning to come after couple of months. She is in India. I heard it is illegal to send passport from India through post outside of India. Please suggest what should i do ? Is there any way that i send my passport within USA to any Canada consulate and my wife can send her passport to Canadian consulate in New Delhi India.

Looking forward for suggestion.
Thanks

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi,
I am currently in US on H1-B visa. I had applied for PR and after 1 month i got a mail from CIC with subject "Visa Ready" and they are asking passports of me and my wife to be sent to CPC-Ottawa within 30 days to receive CPOR(Confirmation of Permanent Residence). The issue is my wife has never entered US and she is planning to come after couple of months. She is in India. I heard it is illegal to send passport from India through post outside of India. Please suggest what should i do ? Is there any way that i send my passport within USA to any Canada consulate and my wife can send her passport to Canadian consulate in New Delhi India.

Looking forward for suggestion.
Thanks
Sending PP outside of India might be tricky. You can ask CIC to allow your wife to New Delhi. I know CIC has done this arrangement in past.

You can definitely send your PP to Ottawa from USA. I sent my Indian PP to Ottawa and received it back without any issue. Alternately you can ask CIC to allow you to submit your PP to NY-VAC.

Maverick007

Aug 1, 2017
Sending PP outside of India might be tricky. You can ask CIC to allow your wife to New Delhi. I know CIC has done this arrangement in past.

You can definitely send your PP to Ottawa from USA. I sent my Indian PP to Ottawa and received it back without any issue. Alternately you can ask CIC to allow you to submit your PP to NY-VAC.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I have sent mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca asking for the change of VAC as directed by you. They are saying they will reply in 20 days or less :). Just wanted to know how much time it generally takes for them to process and return the passport. Asking this as my wife is going to travel to US in Feb month so if i apply now in next 10 days. i will have approx 30 days in hand to get back her passport from Delhi VAC.

Thanks for your help.

Sararohit

Jul 27, 2017
Hello All,

I got the message yesterday that my Visa is ready, the issue is I am currently in India and my husband is in US. He is coming to India for vacation and we will stay here for almost one and a half months.

Can anyone please advise how long it takes to get the stamping on PR after we have sent it. and what is the procedure of sending it from India.

Thanks in Advance.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello All,

I got the message yesterday that my Visa is ready, the issue is I am currently in India and my husband is in US. He is coming to India for vacation and we will stay here for almost one and a half months.

Can anyone please advise how long it takes to get the stamping on PR after we have sent it. and what is the procedure of sending it from India.

Thanks in Advance.
Apparently it's illegal to send Indian passports out of India. Also Ottawa will return your Passports to Canadian/USA address only. You will need to reach out to CIC asking them to allow you to send passports to New Delhi for visa.

Sararohit

Jul 27, 2017
Apparently it's illegal to send Indian passports out of India. Also Ottawa will return your Passports to Canadian/USA address only. You will need to reach out to CIC asking them to allow you to send passports to New Delhi for visa.
Thank you for the help. :) I have dropped them an email lets see. The last date of submission of passport is 19th jan.