Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2018
There should be one this week but I sadly predict it to be higher than 450 but let's hope they do one after 2 weeks; will definitely send you an ITA if they did one after 2 weeks from this week and they did one this week

Aug 2, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am currently working in the US on a H1 Visa and I hold an Indian passport.
I had applied for Canada Permanent Residency and have received a Passport Request (PPR) asking me to send the passports of myself and my family members to Ottawa.

As far as I understand, it is illegal to send passports across borders. Also since I am in the US with an Indian passport, there is a risk in sending the passport because it is the only document to prove my legal identity.

If any of you have been in a similar situation, I request you to please share your experiences on how to managed to get the PR stamped and returned to you.

Please let me know -
1. How you sent the passports - which courier service (FedEx, UPS, USPS etc)
2. Where there any other documentation that you had to fill in for customs clearance?
3. Do you need to get any confirmation from the Indian Embassy before sending the passorts?
4. How long did it take for you to get your passports back?
5. Can you send the passport to a Canada Embassy within the US?
6. Any other things that I should know based on your experiences.

I have to send the passports as soon as possible, hence please share your inputs.

I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me the information..

Best Regards
D.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Hello Everyone,

I am currently working in the US on a H1 Visa and I hold an Indian passport.
I had applied for Canada Permanent Residency and have received a Passport Request (PPR) asking me to send the passports of myself and my family members to Ottawa.

As far as I understand, it is illegal to send passports across borders. Also since I am in the US with an Indian passport, there is a risk in sending the passport because it is the only document to prove my legal identity.

If any of you have been in a similar situation, I request you to please share your experiences on how to managed to get the PR stamped and returned to you.

Please let me know -
1. How you sent the passports - which courier service (FedEx, UPS, USPS etc)
2. Where there any other documentation that you had to fill in for customs clearance?
3. Do you need to get any confirmation from the Indian Embassy before sending the passorts?
4. How long did it take for you to get your passports back?
5. Can you send the passport to a Canada Embassy within the US?
6. Any other things that I should know based on your experiences.

I have to send the passports as soon as possible, hence please share your inputs.

I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me the information..

Best Regards
D.

1. Well, I'm in Canada, so I used Canada Post, but most US based applicants use FedEx or UPS. I wouldn't recommend USPS.
2. No, no customs documents are required.
3. No
4. 3 weeks.
5. No, it has to be sent to CPC-Ottawa.
6 Be patient, the worst is over :).

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
you mean ground ??

Because I read at airports you need it

Because for someone like me, I can do that because i am in detroit and windsor is just 2 min drive, but for someone in california to access Canada through a border that would be hard, must fly

check this out http://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/leaving-canada/i-need-to-leave-canada-but-do-not-have-my-pr-card-yet-what-should-i-do/
@Shereef .. Do you know anyone / read someone's direct account of this being able to be done recently? i.e. Land (first time) as a PR in Canada, with your CoPR, leave Canda, and then present yourself at a Land Border, in a private vehicle, with just CoPR and Landing Record in hand?

Aug 2, 2017
1. Well, I'm in Canada, so I used Canada Post, but most US based applicants use FedEx or UPS. I wouldn't recommend USPS.
2. No, no customs documents are required.
3. No
4. 3 weeks.
5. No, it has to be sent to CPC-Ottawa.
6 Be patient, the worst is over :).

Thanks for your reply my friend. :)

itsromiljain

Aug 7, 2017
Hello Friends,

I am currently in US and planning to apply for Canada PR via FSW. Need some information if anyone of you can help.
a) I need some info on WES ECA. Do we need to create online account on WES first and get the application form ?
b) Do we need to take that application form to University to get the transcripts ?

I would really appreciate of any help.

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hello Friends,

I am currently in US and planning to apply for Canada PR via FSW. Need some information if anyone of you can help.
a) I need some info on WES ECA. Do we need to create online account on WES first and get the application form ?
b) Do we need to take that application form to University to get the transcripts ?

You can collect transcripts from your University in a sealed envelope and then create Wes eca Canada account and send them the sealed envelope along with a copy of degree certificate using FedEx or other services in US.

sharma.tarundeep

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
United States
Hello Friends,

To get ECA done by WES you need to first apply online, pay the fees and get the WES reference number. After that you need to get transcripts (From you university) and other documents. Make sure you write WES reference on the envelope of transcripts and sent it to WES.

sharma.tarundeep

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
United States
Any chance of getting ITA in next draw

Need it badly
My situation is exactly same as yours. My CRS is also 437. It all depends upon the frequency CIC announces the draw and numbers of ITA's they issue in each draw. My prediction is score will come down to 425-430 in next 3-4 draws if draws are done every 2 weeks and numbers of ITA's are 3000+. For 437 we will get ITA in next or next to next draw if draw happens bi-weekly.

Reactions: aditisangar

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Without ita FBIPCC can be done ?
Yes, an FBI PCC can be requested at any time. It is typically taking (now a days) around 3 months to receive the FBI PCC due to their backlog. I would recommended requesting the FBI PCC well in advance, since post ITA, you may not want to wait for too long...

Shereef

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
01-02-2017
Nomination.....
10-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Express Entry
Med's Request
Express Entry
Med's Done....
23-09-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2018
@Shereef .. Do you know anyone / read someone's direct account of this being able to be done recently? i.e. Land (first time) as a PR in Canada, with your CoPR, leave Canda, and then present yourself at a Land Border, in a private vehicle, with just CoPR and Landing Record in hand?
I asked in a canada immigration group and a couple of people said they did it but I don't know them, however, My passport is now with CPC ottawa, as soon as it returns I will try it and let you know ;)

Reactions: systix

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
I asked in a canada immigration group and a couple of people said they did it but I don't know them, however, My passport is now with CPC ottawa, as soon as it returns I will try it and let you know ;)

Mine too .. apparently both our passports reached on the same day ... (July 27th) ... nervous since the past few days .. cant keep myself from checking CIC account every few hours during business hours ... still trying to limit myself calling CIC helpline once a week .. maybbe should try less often ...

Shereef

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.