shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my resubmitted passport is in transit......my originals were not returned with the medical call.... any idea how to submit an application asking them for those?

PrayERS

Jul 10, 2012
Visa Office......
VFS Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 June 2012
AOR Received.
21 June 2012
Med's Request
09 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 July 2012
Passport Req..
11 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
7th August 2012
LANDED..........
26th August 2012
shadh said:
my resubmitted passport is in transit......my originals were not returned with the medical call.... any idea how to submit an application asking them for those?
Its all there in some previous pages here..go check them out!! great help...

the_force

Aug 5, 2012
hey guys, i'm facing a great problem right now! i submitted my medical on the 22nd of july, but until now, the visa tracker says that my passport is still in transit! it has been 15 days in transit, how is that possible?

moreover, i did not even receive an email like last time when they saif "passport dispatched" or "passport received". can anyone kindly explain what this "in transit" status means? does this mean they have received my visa at SG and have not updated it, or does it mean it is still in bd waiting to be sent?

Akib

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Sylhet
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS, Sylhet.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
28-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted "7.5"
Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-07-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2012
the_force said:
hey guys, i'm facing a great problem right now! i submitted my medical on the 22nd of july, but until now, the visa tracker says that my passport is still in transit! it has been 15 days in transit, how is that possible?

moreover, i did not even receive an email like last time when they saif "passport dispatched" or "passport received". can anyone kindly explain what this "in transit" status means? does this mean they have received my visa at SG and have not updated it, or does it mean it is still in bd waiting to be sent?
I had the same problem. My tracker said passport in transit from Dhaka to SG after medical for a month then suddenly one day changed to dispatched from SG to Dhaka OC. I was very very worried as well, so having gone through it I understand. I never received any email either. I suggest u just wait for it. It takes about 3-4 weeks in total after ur medicals. Best wishes!

asiftasfiq93

May 30, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS,Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
IELTS Request
shadh said:
nah it took 46 days only .... hopefully within 50 days ill get the LOI , and yes now they should process faster because they've worked through the old jumbled up queue for most fall applicatns
I got my medical call on 17.07.12
:'( :'( :'( I did my my medical on 17.07.12 and resubmitted the passport on the same day.Still processing :'( :'(

I already confirmed my my flight on 24th August 2012. (Montreal-Qatar airway)

shadh what you thing do I need to change my flight schedule??? :(

shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, passport reached bd today but unfortunately vfs closed down after 2 (i reached there at 2.10) ..... gonna pick it up tomorrow at 9 ..... vfs' timing has changed , so you should be aware of that

@asif, bro its a judgement call, if you should change your flight schedule, there should be another empty seat available which isn't available right now, (they will be if another guys changes/cancels his flight), so its going to be EXTREMELY tough, my advice is to look for flights no sooner than the 2nd of September, but do it AFTER waiting a few days (but inform your flight agency to look for flights on 2nd) since according to the average processing times, yours should be released somewhere around 9-10th

salmaakter65

Aug 6, 2012
Hello all...

I submitted my application on 16th July 2012 at VFS, Dhaka. I have applied for ACCA course in Stouffville College. until now no news. please can you tell me how long i have to wait for it??? my course will in 2 week in september there will be any problem with my college if dailey ??

However, My tracker says: Passport received at High Commission of Canada, Singapore, , Pin:******, Tel: on 20/07/2012 and is under processing.

Please tell me how long to be waite............... :(

Pray for me guys

Sid186

Jul 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/06/2012
Med's Request
22/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/07/2012
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
23/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2012
guys do u know how long vfs will be closed for Eid holiday ? i am in tough situation :( my passport (for medicals) reached Singapore on 27 as tracker says and processing still on bt we will be having alot of holidays this month n my flight is fixed on 28 ???

Sid186

Jul 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/06/2012
Med's Request
22/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/07/2012
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
23/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2012
P2D2 said:
You should've sent them the letter requesting that all your supporting documents be returned to you since you'll be needing them at the port of entry. Besides we're not supposed to send CHC Singapore the originals. Only notarized copies of the originals.

Nevertheless there is a shortcut. If you've paid your tuition fees, get a printout of that as evidence. Or else get a foreign currency draft made payable to your university. The amount should be equivalent to your tuition fees (at least 1 or 2 semesters' fees). Show that as evidence together with any cash (dollar) endorsed in your passport.

Regards.
Thanks for all these info :) i had no idea of these. Bty what u think that showing my student account of the uni n the cash i will bring will be enough ? As it is i dont have a copy of my notary papers :( i can take bank statements but wht use will be of showing our bank statements in our currency ?

sadmansoumik

May 8, 2012
the_force said:

I also submitted my medical report and passport on 22nd of July 2012 and still there is no e-mail and my tracker still shows that my pp is in transit. :/

Akib

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Sylhet
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS, Sylhet.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
28-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted "7.5"
Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-07-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2012
Sid186 said:
Thanks for all these info :) i had no idea of these. Bty what u think that showing my student account of the uni n the cash i will bring will be enough ? As it is i dont have a copy of my notary papers :( i can take bank statements but wht use will be of showing our bank statements in our currency ?
Actually u don't really need to show proof of finance at the port of entry. Its for people who have their visas issued at the port (ie USA n some other nationals). For us, we r required to show passport, visa n letter of introduction. Ofcourse u can take a few bank statement copies with u just in case...

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shadh said:
@ P2, A billion thanks for the helpful info, but i was just inquiring regarding my future plan, nonetheless, too many questions are plaguing my mind ..... for your conveniece, i've number-pointed them

1.what about the work permit duration? if my offer letter says "ususally takes two years" and if i complete in 4 semesters (including summer, which will be null since there's no course offered by ottawa at that time), how long would i get the work permit for? and what other doucments might help for that or for a pr that i should bring? (Im guessing this is a safe place to discuss PR ;) ....) ...Im going to attend M.Eng at University of Ottawa If you complete your course in 4 semesters or in two years, you would get three years of PGWP. If you would complete in 3 semesters or less than 2 years, you would get PGWP for the same time you took to complete your program. So, try to complete it in 4 or more semesters as your plan to stay here.

2.I'm specially concerned about my documents, since i had some affidavits and a bank statement which VFS took , but i have notarized copies of those, even if vfs doesn't return those to me, i CAN'T send a letter asking for those since there will be no time. Could you just go over the list of documents I would have to bring to Canada ? I already know about the Passport, LOI, Offer Letter; and if possible, what/how would that whole interview thing at Canada go?(where i will get my Study Permit) . I'm really nervous in these situations; on a separate note, two of my uncles live in canada ... what if the immigration officer comes to that? Even you request them, they wouldn't send you anything as these documents are part of your application. I would suggest you to carry whatever the documents you submitted to VFS/SVO.....photocopy would be fine.

3.a friend tells me that i'd better bring an updated bank statement since it's been two months i applied and will be three by the time i reach canada.... so , the amount i convert to CAD and send to a canadian bank account, would that be endorsed in my passport? if planning to send about 2 semesters' fees and some extras; how would that work? and if i do bring an updated copy, should i take the statement before or after converting some of that money into CAD?

4.there's the thing about driving licences, do *international* driving licences make any differences ? some guy told me that if i can't show one, they make me attend a driving school for about 500-1k CAD You should take driving lessons here as life is more important than yours $500-$1000. If you have a license from BD, it would help you to go for road test without waiting a year.

Again, thanks a lot, you've been of tremendous help

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadmansoumik said:
I also submitted my medical report and passport on 22nd of July 2012 and still there is no e-mail and my tracker still shows that my pp is in transit. :/
When you submitted your application to VFS, I think they charged you around 4,000 for their service fee. I was wondering did they charge you more money when you submitted your passport or that 4,000 covers everything for your application.

shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@scorpion, concerning the whole "completing in 4 semester thing.... ottawa doesnt offer any courses in summer, so one of these 4 semesters will not appear on my transcript, or appear as a blank .... would that matter? and you're sure pgwp is not based on the official course duration?

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shadh said:
@ scorpion, concerning the whole "completing in 4 semester thing.... ottawa doesnt offer any courses in summer, so one of these 4 semesters will not appear on my transcript, or appear as a blank .... would that matter? and you're sure pgwp is not based on the official course duration?
I need more info to answer your question. What is the duration of your course (date from - to) on your offer letter? What was the date you put on your application for visa? PGWP is based on official course duration. Most of the education institutes don't offer full time courses in summer here. I got a letter from the college stated start and end date of the program and got 3 years PGWP.