shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey aquif, within three weeks from now, you'll get an email from vfs saying "your processed visa application has been released to dhaka centre", 5/6 days after that vfs will receive it, and you'll collect either the medical call or rejection letter; after doing your medicals, you'll submit your passport, you'll get your visa after a similar time period (3/4 weeks later) , there's nothing to do about this huge delay because this is sort of a rush hour in CHC Singapore, to cut down on the stupid delays, as p2d2 has mentioned, you could've fedex'ed it in the beginning and it wud've cut down about 2-3 weeks in total

azhar_sakib

Jul 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
High Commission of Canada, Singapore, VFS Canada- Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Request
12-08-2012
Med's Done....
12-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2012
LANDED..........
19-09-2012
ssaquif said:
Hello there

I just recently found this forum and i would be really grateful if anyone could answer my following queries. I submitted my visa application on the 9/07/2012 at Ctg Vfs office and CHC Singapore received them on 16/07/2012. Can anyone tell me how long before i get an update and how long does it usually take for someone to receive their final decision from CHC Singapore including transit time. And congrats to all who got there visa already.
Hey Ssaquif,

Your situation is same as mine. I applied 2 days later after yours on 12th July. My application was received on 18 July and from then it is still under processing. I applied through VFS Dhaka.

ssaquif

Jul 30, 2012
shadh said:
hey aquif, within three weeks from now, you'll get an email from vfs saying "your processed visa application has been released to dhaka centre", 5/6 days after that vfs will receive it, and you'll collect either the medical call or rejection letter; after doing your medicals, you'll submit your passport, you'll get your visa after a similar time period (3/4 weeks later) , there's nothing to do about this huge delay because this is sort of a rush hour in CHC Singapore, to cut down on the stupid delays, as p2d2 has mentioned, you could've fedex'ed it in the beginning and it wud've cut down about 2-3 weeks in total
Thanks shadh for the reply, azhar_sakib it seems unlikely that we will get our visas on time but still hoping and praying it happens otherwise I will have to defer to january :(, btw can u guys tell how often an application gets rejected and does the reputation of the university/college u r going to attend play any part in their decision.

azhar_sakib

Jul 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Request
12-08-2012
Med's Done....
12-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2012
LANDED..........
19-09-2012
ssaquif said:
Thanks shadh for the reply, azhar_sakib it seems unlikely that we will get our visas on time but still hoping and praying it happens otherwise I will have to defer to january :(, btw can u guys tell how often an application gets rejected and does the reputation of the university/college u r going to attend play any part in their decision.
Till now i did not hear any rejection news. But mostly an applicant get rejected due to insufficient fund, weak country tie or course mismatch! And 99% of the Canadian universities are public, means those are funded by the government and they need to maintain a certain standard always. So, there would be no problem regarding reputation if u get admitted to a public university.

I've heard that VO does look to an applicant's class starting date before further visa processing, So i hope they will be well aware of that. Could u please share your profile? ur uni, program, academic background HSC,A's etc......

roybdsum

Jul 16, 2012
Visa Office......
Canadian High Commission - Singapore & VFS Canada Office - Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
azhar_sakib said:
Till now i did not hear any rejection news. But mostly an applicant get rejected due to insufficient fund, weak country tie or course mismatch! And 99% of the Canadian universities are public, means those are funded by the government and they need to maintain a certain standard always. So, there would be no problem regarding reputation if u get admitted to a public university.

I've heard that VO does look to an applicant's class starting date before further visa processing, So i hope they will be well aware of that. Could u please share your profile? ur uni, program, academic background HSC,A's etc......
@ azhar_sakib:

My fund is enough and i also send some land property documents as proof of country tie. so i think those two won't be a cause for refection. I complete my Bachelor in CSE from a university of BD and i applied for Post-graduate-Certificate program in "Geographic Information System(GIS)" in a college of Canada. This GIS program also requires computer science background to study it. So is it a course mismatch? what do you think?

ssaquif

Jul 30, 2012
azhar_sakib said:

Well i hope your right about the VO office looking a the program starting date. As for my profile I am going to McGill for Bachelor of Elec/Comp/Software Eng (I get to choose my major once i get there). I completed my A lvls in 2010-2011 and then took a gap year, also completed my SAT and SAT 2 during this time that is why i really dont want to defer to jan cause i would be losing 6 more months, but i might not have a choice. What about u. Btw how do you guys put up those stats below your name & profile pic, i cant seem to find it on settings.

azhar_sakib

Jul 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Request
12-08-2012
Med's Done....
12-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2012
LANDED..........
19-09-2012
ssaquif said:
Well i hope your right about the VO office looking a the program starting date. As for my profile I am going to McGill for Bachelor of Elec/Comp/Software Eng (I get to choose my major once i get there). I completed my A lvls in 2010-2011 and then took a gap year, also completed my SAT and SAT 2 during this time that is why i really dont want to defer to jan cause i would be losing 6 more months, but i might not have a choice. What about u. Btw how do you guys put up those stats below your name & profile pic, i cant seem to find it on settings.
Congratulations! on your acceptance to Mcgill and I got accepted to Dalhousie University, B.Com (Co-Op). Currently studying in AIUB.

I think you should not defer to Jan session. Cz if you get a positive decision from the embassy then you may get ur visa stamped no more than September 1st week (maximum) or within august last Inshallah. Embassy also recommends to apply for visa 2 months before class starting date. So, I think we are in a tight schedule rather than being late.

And u can add status below your name after sending more than 10 msg's in this forum. If you already sent more than 10 then go on to profile option, click forum profile information.

azhar_sakib

Jul 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Request
12-08-2012
Med's Done....
12-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2012
LANDED..........
19-09-2012
roybdsum said:
@ azhar_sakib:

My fund is enough and i also send some land property documents as proof of country tie. so i think those two won't be a cause for refection. I complete my Bachelor in CSE from a university of BD and i applied for Post-graduate-Certificate program in "Geographic Information System(GIS)" in a college of Canada. This GIS program also requires computer science background to study it. So is it a course mismatch? what do you think?
Well, I hope you might not face any problem with your funding or country tie.Since, GIS is likely to fall under science background, i don't think it would be a course mismatch. I would suggest you to go to the link below and have a look on the topics related to your problem/course. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/international-students-b2.0/ ...
And Allah knows better, Inshallah ull get a positive decision. Gd Luck. :)

Sid186

Jul 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/06/2012
Med's Request
22/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/07/2012
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
23/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2012
i dont know how much this will help bt those who have applied late june or july first u can email the Singapore embassy n give a kind req telling of your issues n providing them prove of your uni admission letters and when class start. Maybe just maybe can speed things up a bit, the email in at VFS page look at d time processing section n u will find it below there. However whtever d priority they give still for all u july applicants it will it will be very hard in such short timing. Still give email try n do it Today they take a week to read.

PrayERS

Jul 10, 2012
Visa Office......
VFS Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 June 2012
AOR Received.
21 June 2012
Med's Request
09 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 July 2012
Passport Req..
11 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
7th August 2012
LANDED..........
26th August 2012
azhar_sakib said:

Did you ever hear of any rejection after Medical? :S..um so tensed..

roybdsum

Jul 16, 2012
Visa Office......
Canadian High Commission - Singapore & VFS Canada Office - Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Just now tracking showing :)

" Passport released by the High Commission of Canada, Singapore, , Pin:xxxxx, Tel: on 01/08/2012 and is in Transit.It might take 2/3 days in transit to reach Application Centre. "

NB: last day i talk with my bank but no inquiry happen in there. Is it a sign of getting refusal?

P2D2

Nov 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry too much Roy. Shadh's bank received no inquiries either and Shadh got a medical call on 17 July 2012. Check the following posts:

shadh said:
@ akib, yes it's in University of Ottawa , and in that context, my IELTS was also pretty good... :) .... thanks for the vote of confidence ... when can i expect the package to reach VFS , and a call from Dhaka? and do they call the bank these days ? because the bank told me there was no inquiry and thats what makes me so afraid
and uh ... what are the things im supposed to do next? which hospital, how, what are the required fees in those process? and when i re-submit via vfs, should there be any extra fees?

thanks again
Akib said:
Lol. Dont be so tensed! U should get a medical call about 2-4 weeks after u filed ur visa. Then u will get instructions for the medicals. Then about 2-3 weeks after medical. I did it at Wahabs center, Baridhara. They charge 4000Tk. VFS wont charge u any more for resubmition.

And for verification from the bank, i guess they will do so if they suspect any fraud. Im not too sure about it, only a Canadian high commission visa officer would know that.

Akib

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Sylhet
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS, Sylhet.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
28-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted "7.5"
Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-07-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2012
Got my stamped passport today. Thanks people for all the help!

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
Akib said:
Got my stamped passport today. Thanks people for all the help!
Congrats........

azhar_sakib

Jul 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Request
12-08-2012
Med's Done....
12-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2012
LANDED..........
19-09-2012
PrayERS said:
Did you ever hear of any rejection after Medical? :S..um so tensed..
No, i did not hear any rejection news after medical. If you get a medical call then u can be 99.99% sure that u'll get Ur visa stamped on Ur passport unless u have any medical problem like Tuberculosis, HIV etc...

Good luck. :)