ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

Jewel1020

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizenship and Immigration Canada Announces New Immigration Targets
Every year, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) sets immigration targets to meet the Canadian government's economic, family reunification, and humanitarian goals. 2012 will see a large increase in the issuance of visas from overseas, with total documents rising from 217,800 in 2011 to a projected 255,100 for this year.

Almost all categories of Canadian immigration will see increases in the amount of visas being issued in the upcoming year. Amongst these, some have increased dramatically. Visas available to parents and grandparents, for instance, numbered 11,200 last year. For the current period, the target has been set at 36,500. Other significant increases have been projected for Federal Skilled Workers (55,900 to 61,000), and Provincial/Quebec Nominees (73,600 to 78,000). In total, overseas visa issuance will rise an impressive 17% for this year. A further 26, 884 visas are expected to be issued to immigrants already in Canada.

On top of national goals, specific visa issuance targets are given to visa processing centers in each geographic region. Overall, these centers are expected to issue a greater number of immigration documents. In the Africa/Middle East region, large increases are planned for the Federal Skilled Worker program. Specific increases in parent/grandparent visas issued from the Damascus office are also expected to occur. In the Asia/Pacific region, overall immigration goals are planned for all but one visa office, with parent/grandparent visas more than doubling. Europe and the Americas will see similar changes. Particularly large increases are planned across the board for the Mexico City and Havana offices.

Immigration targets are set by the federal government with several goals in mind. These goals are carried out under the overall framework of the 2002 Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). The IRPA is responsible for outlining objectives, but it does not prioritize these objectives or explain how they should be carried out and allocated nationally and globally. Such decisions fall to the current Canadian government. The Prime Minister, Stephen Harper, has previously announced that the central driving force behind his administration's immigration policy will be economic in nature, and increases to such economically-driven programs as Federal Skilled Worker and Provincial Nominee programs appear to reflect this expressed goal. Further to this, both Federal and Quebec Business class immigration will be streamlined to more accurately target desired business immigrants.

In addition to meeting economic goals, the Government of Canada has expressed other immigration priorities for this year. Of paramount importance is shortening the overall processing times and reducing the backlog of applications currently found in some immigration categories. Steps have been also been made to accommodate a growth in family class applications and improve the Canadian system of asylum and refugee resettlement.

Immigration priorities are determined through a lengthy process of research and dialogue with key economic and social stakeholders. Provinces and Territories are heavily consulted throughout the year for the setting up and running of both provincial and federal immigration programs. Also integral to the decision making process is research on economic conditions and labor market needs. While bringing in immigrants to fill immediate labour shortages, it is also important to seek to address long term issues such as the geographic distribution of labour and the aging Canadian population. Finally, Canada's capacity to welcome newcomers must be in line with immigration goals so that arrivals may be successfully integrated to their new home. Last year, $600 million was allocated for these efforts outside Quebec, and $250 specifically located to the Province of Quebec.

CIC's immigration targets for 2012 can be viewed in detail below:

MSE77

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 28, 2011
Doc's Request.
SEPT 09, 2014
AOR Received.
JAN 17, 2012
File Transfer...
FEB 07, 2012
Med's Request
SEPT 09, 2014
Med's Done....
SEPT 16, 2014
Passport Req..
OCT 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 03, 2014
Dear forum members

AOR ? probably acknowledgement of receive !

PER ?
what does it mean?

MSE77

shofiul72

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW Backog Reduction Pilot (Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, AINP)

As of late we are concern the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot that is to nominate FSW applicants with experience in key occupations under provincial nominees program.In line with this,02 days back I had a letter issued by issued by AINP entails:
Citizenship and
Immigration Canada Case Processing pilot-Ottawa/
219 Laurier Ave, west 7th Floor
Ottowa, Ontario, Canada
Dear Md. Islam
This is reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program received on 1/16/2007.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is persuing a number of initiatives which may offer alternative avenues to permanent residence in Canada for Application currently awaiting FSW processing. To this end, CIC has engaged provincial and territorial governments, who share immigration jurisdiction in Canada, on an FSW backlog reduction Pilot. The aim of this pilot is to nominate FSW applicants with experience in key occupations under provincial nominees program.

CIC would like to advise you that Alberta is currently interested in Applicants with work experience in a field that matches a National Occupation Classification Code is identified in your FSW application. As such, you may wish to consider contacting Alberta about being considered for nomination under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Progra.

Your application to the AINP is entirely voluntary, There is no additional fee to apply to the AINP. If you decide to apply for consideration and you are nominated by Alberta, this could result in an earlier VISA issuance for you. Should be successful in receiving a nomination from Alberta, your file will be processed as a Provincial Nominee and your FSW application will be withdrawn. If you do not wish to apply to the AINP or if the AINP does not nominate you, your application will remain in the FSW backlog until it comes up for processing.

As a Provincial Nominee applicant you would still be required to meet admissibility criteria as set out in Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.If CIC determines that you do not meet these criteria and are inadmissible for a permanent resident visa will be refused.

The criteria and the document checklist for the AINP FSW Backlog Reduction pilot is available www.albertacanada.com/fswpilot . Applications must be received at the AINP office by June 1st 2012. The AINP will not accept applicants under this initiative after June 1st 2012.

Complete Instructions on how to apply to the AINP under this Pilot are available at www.albertacanada.com/fswpilot . please note that incomplete applications received by the AINP will be returned. The AINP will be accepting a limited number of complete applications under this Pilot. The AINP does not guarantee that all complete applications received by the AINP will be assessed or that all applicants who meet the AINP Pilot Criteria will be issued a nomination. The AINP will provide a written response to all individuals who apply.
Submission of an AINP application or nomination by the AINP does not gurantee you will be issued a Permanent Resident Visa.

Sincerely,
Centralized Processing region-Ottawa

Applying for Consideration under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)

You need to mail this form with your application. Please make sure you include this document as the cover page.

However, o work in one of four occupations in need in Alberta:
 NOC 0211 – Engineering Managers
 NOC 2131 – Civil Engineers
 NOC 2132 – Mechanical Engineers
 NOC 0911 – Manufacturing Managers

My NOC was 2131 and I applied on Jan, 2007.I will have to send all necessary docs before on 1st June,2012. Now I am only 02 months in hand to sit for IELTS and do overall band score6.5. If I become nominate by fullfilling all requirements of AINP I will be get final decision on october 31, 2012.
Now I am planning to sit for IELTS on May 12. Should I do qualifying score then must send all papers to AINP before on June 01.
Has any body who are in backlog had this letter so far?
Shofiul

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
MSE77 said:
Dear forum members

AOR ? probably acknowledgement of receive !

PER ?
what does it mean?

MSE77
Positive Eligibility Review

For more info: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/immigration-acronyms-t3007.15.html

MSE77

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 28, 2011
Doc's Request.
SEPT 09, 2014
AOR Received.
JAN 17, 2012
File Transfer...
FEB 07, 2012
Med's Request
SEPT 09, 2014
Med's Done....
SEPT 16, 2014
Passport Req..
OCT 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 03, 2014
dear deba_avik

thank u so much for prompt reply

MSE77

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014

jahangirit

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2006
Doc's Request.
November 4, 2009
File Transfer...
February 26, 2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Dear All Pre MI Applicants:

Now we can hope that all Pre Mi Applicants will get respond from CIC soon.

After a long long time Mr. Kenny come to understand the FIFO LIFO system !!! God bless him !!!

Hope for the best.

Regards,

Md. Jahangir Alam

deba_avik said:
Positive Eligibility Review

For more info: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/immigration-acronyms-t3007.15.html

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
jahangirit said:
Dear All Pre MI Applicants:

Now we can hope that all Pre Mi Applicants will get respond from CIC soon.

After a long long time Mr. Kenny come to understand the FIFO LIFO system !!! God bless him !!!

Hope for the best.

Regards,

Md. Jahangir Alam
FIFO or LIFO? Your joyful comment mean its FIFO. Please share us the information and link. Please please......

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
deba_avik said:
FIFO or LIFO? Your joyful comment mean its FIFO. Please share us the information and link. Please please......
First In First Out >>>> should've been the Pe-Juners :'( :'( :'(
Last In First Out >>>> seems like the MI3s!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Hi friends,

I need your advise please.

I applied under 0631 restaurant manager, I was requested for interview at Sing VOfor work related, I have 2 concerns:
Currently am working in Singapore As restaurant general manager, I couldn't find this title in noc lists , but basically it's same like restaurant manager but ur involved in marketing , PNLS, capital expenses as well as normal duties of restaurant manager and with higher annual wage 70000$and above while restaurant manager wage 60k$ and above (Singapore pay scale).

Am confused if the officer will not count me Noc 0631 restaurant manager?

2nd query :
I worked previously and unfortunately in a hotel in Dubai 2002 till 2006 , I was working as restaurant manager for almost 4 years but the employer didn't allow me to switch jobs ( slavery rules there) so I left the job and didn't ask for experience letter , just want to get rid of them,
This hotel has changed its name and management .
Now I cannot prove to visa office I was restyrant manager during that time except for residence visa stamp on my passport stating Iam restaurant manager in that company. Do u think th officer will believe this truth?

On the other hand I have 4 years experience with documented letters from employers from 2006 till 2010 that I was working as restaurant manager.
And I have my current job letter in In Singapore tht am working as Restaurant Generl Manager for the past 1 year , and btw my restaurant is opposite to the embassy! I can see the cars bringing the files on daily basis!!

Can u advise me guys please?

Thx

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
osti said:
Hi friends,
I need your advise please.
Can u advise me guys please?
Thx

sent u a Personal Message, check your INBOX... u need to share more info about your file..... keep posting to unlock messaging. thanks!!

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Hi mute_man,

Noc 0631 res manager

Applied on jan 2011 , file was sent back coz I forgot to sign! ;)During that time was in Dubai , VO was London
Applied again July 2011, changed VO to Singapore coz of movement to sing
Oct2011 PER
Nov 2011 AOR sing VO
MArch 2012 requested by SVO to attend interview and asked to bring work related materials with passport.

Education: advanced diploma marketing. Claiming 15 points
+ i studied hospitality 2 years BA , but after I discovered this degree was a degree mill not accredited and just took money! I put a copy of this BA in my application to show that I was studying hospitality , and am not claiming points for it.

ahmollick

Jul 27, 2011
OTTAWA — Almost 300,000 people who applied before 2008 to come to Canada are having their applications returned.

The move will cost the federal government up to $130 million in refunded fees but will also eliminate the backlog of skilled worker applications.

"Canada risks losing the global talent competition for the world's best and brightest as potential immigrants choose to take their skills to other counties with more responsive immigration systems rather than remain in the queue to have their applications process in Canada," Thursday's budget said.

Eliminating the backlog is only one of the major changes the government expects to make to the immigration system this year as it seeks to better align immigrant levels to economic needs.

At the same time, Thursday's budget suggests the government will seek to find a balance between bringing immigrants to Canada to fill open jobs and making sure regions with high unemployment look to Canadians first.

One way they'll attempt to do that is to build a system that would restrict employers from being able to bring in temporary foreign workers if there is local labour available.

The priority the government places on reforming the immigration system is evident in the fact the department's budget is one of only five seeing less than six per cent shaved from their budget this year.

Financial documents filed by the department earlier this year suggest modernizing the immigration system will actually cost at least $25 million.

Other changes planned by the government include reforming the points system under which immigrants now qualify to come to Canada.

The government wants to place more emphasis on young immigrants who are fluent in English or French and whose educational credentials are best suited to getting them jobs.

Programs designed to attract investors and entrepreneurs are also being changed; the current investor class program has come under scrutiny for allowing people to essentially buy their way into Canada without a long-term benefit to the Canadian economy.

They government also hopes to beef up the current provincial nominee system, which gives the provinces the ability to cherry-pick the people they need to meet their own needs.

Currently, provinces are given the ability to mine the existing backlog of applications submitted since 2008 in order to identify workers.

Going forward, the government hopes to set up a pooled system.

"In short, the government is committed to strengthening the immigration system to make it truly proactive, targeted, fast and efficient in a way that will sustain Canada's economic growth and deliver prosperity for the future."

The Opposition has already raised some concerns about the reforms, saying that there needs to be a more holistic approach to the issue that takes into account immigrants long-term goals to bring over their families.

Earlier this year, the government froze applications for parents and grandparents, instead instituting a "super visa" that would allow them multiple entries to Canada over 10 years.

The government started public consultations on that program last week.

Read more: ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20120329/feds-move-to-eliminate-immigration-backlog-120329/

shofiul72

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BREAKING NEWS

Special Edition: Canadian Government Slashes Backlog
March, 2012

123Share3
inShare.0
BREAKING NEWS

The Government of Canada announced on 29 March 2012 a plan to reduce the backlog of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications by returning all applications and government fees submitted prior to 27 February 2008. This will amount to a total of almost 300,000 returned applications, as well as approximately $130 million in refunded government processing fees.

Approximately 160,000 FSW applications, submitted after 28 February 2008, will remain in queue for processing.
The Announcement

This statement has been issued as part of the larger Federal Budget for 2012, which was released on 29 March. The budget includes information for reducing national deficit and creating more fiscally efficient government infrastructure, an integral part of which is tied to immigration policy and processing times. As part of this plan, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), is expected to reduce its operating costs by $179 million over the next three years.

The budget mentions that “Canada risks losing the global talent competition for the world’s best and brightest as potential immigrants choose to take their skills to other countries with more responsive immigration systems rather than remain in the queue to have their applications process in Canada”.

With this in mind, the decision was reached to not only return the approximately 300,000 applications, but to focus on creating a system that would streamline processing and “reduce duplication and overlap” in the overall structure.

Government Rationale

The applications being returned are currently only from the FSW program. No additional plans have yet been announced to address backlogs in other immigration categories.

CIC hopes that reducing application numbers will allow it to streamline its programs in a way that will eliminate overhead costs currently incurred by dealing with the backlog. For instance, some visa offices devote significant amounts of time and money to processing pre-2008 applications. With these out of the way, visa officers will be free to devote time and energy to processing applications that have a higher likelihood of approval under current government standards.

The decision is also part of a larger effort by CIC to “transition to a faster and more flexible economic immigration system”. This new system will be aimed at more accurately addressing Canadian labour market needs as well as better serving those applicants still in line to be processed. Currently, Canada is facing severe labour shortages, specifically in Western provinces where skilled tradespeople are in great demand.

It is important to note that, despite widespread austerity measures being imposed on most government departments, CIC is one of only five that are being asked to reduce operating costs by less than six percent. In fact, proposed upgrades to the Canadian immigration system are likely to cost over $25 million in upcoming years.

Advice for Returned Applicants

The promise of new, streamlined immigration systems is no comfort for the thousands of individuals and their families who have now seen their hopes for Canadian immigration come to an end.

“This is such awful news for the people who have been waiting patiently in line,” says Attorney David Cohen, “Of course, they are free to submit a new application, but that will be of little solace at this time. I truly feel badly for them”.

Applicants who will see their files returned but are still keen to come to Canada are by no means excluded from re-submitting an application, either through the FSW program or one of the over 60 other available Canadian immigration programs. As the government more thoroughly outlines its plans for immigration in the future, prospective applicants should make sure to keep abreast of new developments that may be of benefit to themselves and their unique skill sets.