snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,

For those of you who are planning to apply for Quebec CAQ for studies (or already applied and waiting for decisions), here is my timeline:

[Online application requesting for a CAQ]

2011-03-20
Acknowledgement of receipt of your application

2011-03-24
Confirmation of payment

2011-03-25
Opening of your file

2011-03-28
Receipt of your documents

2011-04-15
Issue of your CAQ for studies

Please note that I have got a decision letter (which is not a CAQ) that says that my CAQ is faxed to respective embassy and I can apply for study permit now.

My question is: is this the end of the online process, or I will still get a pdf copy of my CAQ in my account?

Experts, please advise.

Thanks and regards

suparr

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
Hey Snake
I have applied for the CAQ now. It will take them 3-4 weeks to reach a decision. But when will i eventually get the CAQ approval document back at my place? another 2-3 weeks after they reach a decision or what ?
Can you please help in this. have you applied for visa.

p.s i am going to Concordia University for Master of Engineering in Software Engineering.

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
after your CAQ is approved, you will get a forwarding letter in your online file. it will say that "CAQ is sent to embassy, please apply now".

Then you take a print out of that letter, put it in your application package, and apply. because the embassy just need your reference number, they already will have your CAQ faxed to them.

dont wait until ur CAQ arrives by post, it takes more than a month.

InshAllah i am applying for visa on the 8th May, please keep me in your prayers bro :)

suparr

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
Thank you for your help Snake bro. Insha Allah hopefully you will get the visa. Which program and university did you get into ? Concordia? if its Concordia can you please tell me as how to accept the offer letter. Do i have to send them an email or pay some fees online?

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you, yes if I get the visa, InshAllah going to Concordia for MEng in Information Systems Security. No you don't need to pay anything before your visa, just send a email that states "I, Suparr man, student id: xxxx, passport number: xxxx confirm the acceptance of your university at xxxx course, under xxxx department." Send the mail to graduate @ ciise.concordia.ca

That's it. Regards and Good luck :)

robicon

May 11, 2011
Heloo ,
I've got an offer of acceptance thru email.....i need to confirm thn only i'll get my conditonal acceptance.....condition are for original document to be submitted degree certificate,official transcript,ielts scores...how should i go bout it makin the offer unconditional??
howz the procedure ahead like CAQ,Study permit,visa n all?plz guide me through

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one by one buddy, the question that you will take 5 pages to explain, i am afraid i dont gave time to do that. Here is everything in short:

1) mail ur uni and ask if they accept ur scanned copies of docs and can issue u a offer letter.
2) after it arrives, apply for CAQ. give google search for "quebec immigration", u will get the link
3) in the mean time process ur papers for study permit, there are couple of posts in this forum to give u list of docs needed, u can see my earlier post.

good luck.

robicon

May 11, 2011
ohh sorry....buddy I've mailed them a week back no reply as of yet....i had called them too it keeps getting into voice mail....as i believe i have to start my procedure as soon as possible.....
if u don't mind can you answer sum Q about bank loan..
Its like i wud be needin upto 12L tuition fees ...and sum 6L more for stay .. none of my parents are working got an F.D of roundly bout 6L & for security i got a house(mortgage) so i think i wud get around 17L loan..wud that be sufficient enough .....how much money i gotta show in my bank account before applying for visa & CAQ? sooryy m soundin really amateur about the bank loan thing..your help would really be appreciated..
thnks & regards.

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long is your proposed course?

If its 1 year, then you need to show total tuition fee + living expenses + 2way air fare from your country.

If its more than 1 year, then still show the above one (minimum) plus you need to show that your sponsor have enough income to support you in the second/rest of the years.

If your bank loan covers the above then great, else you might have to get other financial help.

Regards

robicon

May 11, 2011
its a 2 yr masters program......6000$/semester ...so around about 17 to 18L can be shown ...thts enough rite? and buddy since ive not got reply on the condition should i mail them on my own all the documents?

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess that amount is enough.

Yes, call then first and then mail your docs.

Regards

robicon

May 11, 2011
Hey i need a lil help about my CAQ thing do i need to show financial documents as well to apply for CAQ since am from INDIA..i fall in option 2?i have not got my original offer of acceptance yet only email cofirmation of my offer........i have to apply online then have to send the required documents as well rite?

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Robicon,

no, for option 2 you dont need to show financial docs for CAQ, but after you receive your CAQ and apply to the embassy, then you need.

yes, you need to have you offer letter in hand to send it back to Quebec immigration. But in the mean time, please open an account in Quebec Immigration site and get acquainted with the procedure.

Regards

robicon

May 11, 2011
btw snake in the CAQ form there is a page whr they ask you who would be the financial supporter..include their name?in my case my parents are supporting me so i should put in their name n my parents signature so then to i dont need give financial docs ?rite