+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Most likely your application is stuck. That is when the GCMS notes are not released. Happened with me too. I ordered through GET GCMS and for once thought that they had some issues. But they ended up providing all information, all status requests they had filed. Eventually got to know that I was in SS, and IRCC does not even respond to status requests.

See if you can request GET GCMS to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner of Canada. Though its not covered in your fee you paid them, but in my case they were gracious enough to do it. That is how I got to know the SS and got my notes to after almost 100 days of filing. IRCC just sucks.

With my experience I can say that most GCMS notes are delayed because of IRCC not releasing it. There was a thread where an applicant never received her GCMS notes, even after 120 days. The best would be to work with GET GCMS and see what will be the best strategy. Filing a complaint with ICC is also an option and see if they can do it for you. It won't get you any immediate results, but no harm in trying.

Hope you get your notes soon.
That's really depressing! After moving to IP2 within 17 days after AOR, Alhamdulillah, i am already more than a 100 days in the same waiting game :(

Olawall

May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2015
Nomination.....
30-05-2016
Good day @legalfalcon ,i received my Gcms notes in November,with Eligibility,criminality and security not started,However medical is passed and Info sharing is completed with NRT.i got an ADR (Employment letter,bank statement,schedule A,additional family info) in august,and this was updated as received in September and also assigned to another officer in another location within the same visa office.Does this mean eligibility and security has started?

Secondly,under the notes section,i didn't find any officers comments in the text line except documents received in note 1,Note 2 request letter sent,Note 3,status enquiry i made. Is the comments deliberately hidden or nothing has happened on the file.I do not have any S16/S15 anywhere on the gcms notes.
my aplication is already 18 months old.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Good day @legalfalcon ,i received my Gcms notes in November,with Eligibility,criminality and security not started,However medical is passed and Info sharing is completed with NRT.i got an ADR (Employment letter,bank statement,schedule A,additional family info) in august,and this was updated as received in September and also assigned to another officer in another location within the same visa office.Does this mean eligibility and security has started?

Secondly,under the notes section,i didn't find any officers comments in the text line except documents received in note 1,Note 2 request letter sent,Note 3,status enquiry i made. Is the comments deliberately hidden or nothing has happened on the file.I do not have any S16/S15 anywhere on the gcms notes.
my aplication is already 18 months old.

The notes are generated for the processing which has been done in your file, that pertains to eligibility etc. If there are no notes, this is because your file has not been processed as on the date when the GCMS notes were generated. While any movement in the file is a good news, to be certain that eligibility has started, you should get another set of GCMS notes, or alternatively, you can wait.

Reactions: Olawall

Olawall

May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2015
Nomination.....
30-05-2016
@legalfalcon, thanks for your swift response,i actually have 9 notes(Note 1-9) sections of different movement,but no officers comments eve though i got ADR request and it was received,updated and reassigned to another officer and location.
This notes was generated mid November,2017 .I will wait till January before ordering a new set,hopefully there will be movement on the file.

cram2017

Star Member
May 12, 2017
this is my status from GCMS notes:
Eligibility and Security not started.
Criminality and Medicals passed.
My application is in CPC- Ottawa.
what does this status mean? am i in IP1/Ip2?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
this is my status from GCMS notes:
Eligibility and Security not started.
Criminality and Medicals passed.
My application is in CPC- Ottawa.
what does this status mean? am i in IP1/Ip2?

There is no such stage as IP1 or IP2. The stages an EE application goes through are:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

To read more on each stage see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

The IP etc is a creation based on speculation.

cram2017

Star Member
May 12, 2017
There is no such stage as IP1 or IP2. The stages an EE application goes through are:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

To read more on each stage see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

The IP etc is a creation based on speculation.
thank you for the response.

I looked into my notes: there has been seven rounds of assessment and it says Candidate passed for each section meeting FSW and PNP. following this assessment, it shows my english, employment, education, job offers, and application details
so since all my assessments show as passed- but eligibility still shows as not started. what does this mean?

cram2017

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Also my application shows that my eligibility passed and then there was an update to this from passed to Not started. I had made it in FSW, but since I received a PNP nomination i withdrew and resubmitted my application. would this be why this happened?

cram2017

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Also my application shows that my eligibility passed and then there was an update to this from passed to Not started. I had made it in FSW, but since I received a PNP nomination i withdrew and resubmitted my application. would this be why this happened?
I see this repeating a few times - candidate eligibility started- passed and then it is set to not started.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I see this repeating a few times - candidate eligibility started- passed and then it is set to not started.
Eligibility is a multi stage process. It usually happens in 2-3 stages. First a program assistant will review the file and make a recommendation. Then it is evaluated by an analyst who makes a recommendation and this is when you will see Met / Passed / Review Required etc. in the status. Finally an officer will review the recommendation and make a final determination.

Every-time this happens the status changes, and also beware the an applicant is evaluated against all programs, irrespective of which he/she applies for.

This is the reason for change in status messages.

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
@legalfalcon or any other person who requested GCMS notes after Medicals were received by CIC. What does it say in the medical section of your notes? it is just passed or there are more detailed notes like: PA does will not pose a risk if admitted; assigned to....; medicals valid till......; requested by.......' ; updated on...... etc and all those GCSM language jagons? Many thanks

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon or any other person who requested GCMS notes after Medicals were received by CIC. What does it say in the medical section of your notes? it is just passed or there are more detailed notes like: PA does will not pose a risk if admitted; assigned to....; medicals valid till......; requested by.......' ; updated on...... etc and all those GCSM language jagons? Many thanks
In the GCMS notes it only says "Passed," there is no further reference. However, if you are concerned about the medicals and the assessment made by IRCC, you can request GCMS (Medicals), which will have GCMS notes + the entire medical record and the assessment done by IRCC.

Saurabh uppal

Sep 28, 2017
Dear legalfalcon,
Please help me understand my status
AOR 1nov,,, MEP IP1 12nov,,, NA2 17nov
Job mail 13dec,,, Additional documents not required 14 dec.... Called cic on 16dec, they told that your file is moved on 14 dec to NDVO... Have i cleared my eligibilty check. Where i am stuck.
Please reply sir. Tonnes of thanks sir

miladi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hi there,
I'm AOR april 2017. Was asked for cv and military details in september, I ordered gcms notes on oct 30 and still haven't received it. Is this normal?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi there,
I'm AOR april 2017. Was asked for cv and military details in september, I ordered gcms notes on oct 30 and still haven't received it. Is this normal?
YEs, IRCC will delay the release of GCMS notes, which can be due to administrative delays, purposeful non release, or the application being processed by another agency which may not have given the clearance to release the notes.

Based on where you ordered your GCMS notes, follow up with IRCC, they do not respond immediately, but will let you know in a few weeks the status of your request.

Reactions: miladi