17-12-2013
Nomination.....
28-02-2014
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Already sent result
Dear sir,

I am planning to apply PR through SINP family stream. My cousin is staying in regina. My question is, Can i persuade my graduate study in toronto. as uni of toronto & waterloo are one of the finest university for engineering. If i do so, will it affect my cousin applying for others candidates. Can I inform the immigration dept in sk regarding my studies in different province. Please help me in this issue cause i m nt able to decide my steps due to this concern.

thanks,
Hardik

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mailme.hardik said:
Dear sir,

I am planning to apply PR through SINP family stream. My cousin is staying in regina. My question is, Can i persuade my graduate study in toronto. as uni of toronto & waterloo are one of the finest university for engineering. If i do so, will it affect my cousin applying for others candidates. Can I inform the immigration dept in sk regarding my studies in different province. Please help me in this issue cause i m nt able to decide my steps due to this concern.

thanks,
Hardik
Yes, he won't be able to apply for anyone else under SNIP. If you have no intention of residing in Sask. I suggest you read the OP bulletin. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob251.asp

mailme.hardik

Sep 1, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi-India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
28-02-2014
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Already sent result
Thanks for the reply. ;D

In the link provided, mostly the case is examined during the POE. If I stay there for about 2-3months and then move for study in different province. then? Also, I only have option for SINP on family basis as my cousin is residing in SK. If in any case I dont stay in the nominated province after getting PR will it affect my cousin who is putting up my file. Hw do they get to know about my present province? Do immigration dept keeps a monitor on every PR holder through nomination scheme?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, if you pass POE and stay for a couple of months, in case somebody ever gets back to you and asks you why you did not settle in Saskatchewan as you had stated that was your intention when you applied and landed, you can always say that during the 2-3 months that you stayed in Saskatchewan, your plans had changed. I have yet to hear of a case where they have actually checked up on people later but they might do it in the future.

Your relative will however not be able to sponsor anyone else. This is stated on the form that your relative has to fill out in your support: http://aee.gov.sk.ca/immigration/PDFs/SINP-500-22.pdf

SINP will be able to check this because they are a part of the government and surely they will have access to your tax records. They just have to look up where you are filing taxes and then they know where you live.

mailme.hardik

Sep 1, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi-India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
28-02-2014
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Already sent result
Dear sir,

My sister took the Canada PR through SINP being nominated by my cousin. She stayed there for 2 months but after that she moved out of Canada as she was no further interested in staying in Canada. So will it affect my Cousin's profile to nominate future candidates?

Thanks for the previous replies. Glad by you.

Regards,
Hardik

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mailme.hardik said:
My sister took the Canada PR through SINP being nominated by my cousin. She stayed there for 2 months but after that she moved out of Canada as she was no further interested in staying in Canada. So will it affect my Cousin's profile to nominate future candidates?
You will have to ask your cousin if he still has the sponsorship papers he signed for her. As I linked to before, the current form has this clause: "5. I declare that I clearly understand that applicant(s) to the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (named below) must make a formal declaration of their intention to live and work in Saskatchewan, and that I will be prohibited from supporting other Family Members in the future, if the applicant named on this affidavit does not settle successfully and permanently in Saskatchewan."

If this clause was in the form he signed when he sponsored your sister and she did not settle in SK, then he is barred from sponsoring other relatives. If the clause was not in the forms at that time but was added to the forms between then and now, then he can still sponsor you.

mailme.hardik

Sep 1, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi-India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
28-02-2014
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Already sent result
thank you so much sir.

After staying in SK for completing my graduate studies, Can i move to any other province/country for job without affecting my cousin's profile?

Regards,
Hardik

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What it looks like from the form your cousin has to sign, if you ever move out of SK, it will cause him not to be able to sponsor any more relatives. You can contact SINP and ask about this, for example what happens after 5 or 10 years by which time you are surely a citizen already and you move, would he not be able to sponsor another relative but that is what the form says.

mailme.hardik

Sep 1, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi-India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
28-02-2014
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Already sent result
thank so sir for your quick responses. :)

thanks alot :D

Regards,
Hardik

Turbanator

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
01-06-2011
Med's Done....
06-06-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
I thought of Updating everyone and am looking for advice as well

We family of 3 landed Last Year under Family Stream Alberta Provincial Program but we went back after a week to India .
My wife & Kid were stopped today at Toronto Airport and some comments were made in their records and were warned that they cannot land here as we have got PR from Alberta and must stay for some time at least , she does not recollect if officer mentioned this time . I came via calgary so no one asked me anything last week . I have specifically called Alberta help line and they were OK with my settlement in any province as I got some opportunities to work in Brampton .

Now my Query is which office in Brampton should I visit to check what officer has written on file and how correct is his warning .

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no official minimum time. If you have already talked to AINP and they are ok with you settling in ON, then it should be fine. You can call them again and ask about the warning given to your family but if AINP is really ok with it, the immigration officer may forward the info to AINP that this family is now in Toronto but if AINP already knows about it and is ok with it, they will not do anything with this info.

Turbanator

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
01-06-2011
Med's Done....
06-06-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
Thanks Leon

I have made a Generalised enquiry with AINP , they did not asked my details so may be its there views on the program and nothing should happen but if officer have pointed this -what can be reasons. Is there any office of CIC or Service Canada where we can go and have access to the notes they made in file. at this stage we can possibly move back to Alberta if that is must but later on things can become difficult. My friends say me to consult some lawyers on this but I am curious to get such information straight from service Canada. We are in Brampton.

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
Please help me.

I got PR thru QSW and currently working in another province.

After marriage, do I have to go back to Quebec to sponsor my spouse????

Is it possible to apply for PR thu another scheme once you are PR???

I am so worried

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It has already been discussed. No province has a listed minimum amount of time you must stay there. They only ask that you intend to settle in the province when you apply as well as when you land.

As long as you can say that you truly intended that, you have done nothing wrong. If you could not find a job after your landing, nobody can fault you for going to another province.

Therefore, you do not have to go back to Quebec to sponsor your spouse.

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
Leon said:
It has already been discussed. No province has a listed minimum amount of time you must stay there. They only ask that you intend to settle in the province when you apply as well as when you land.

As long as you can say that you truly intended that, you have done nothing wrong. If you could not find a job after your landing, nobody can fault you for going to another province.

Therefore, you do not have to go back to Quebec to sponsor your spouse.
Thank you very much Leon.

Understood your point: my concern is after my marriage, when I'm going to sponsor spouse, I need to have acceptance from Quebec too. Plus, due to job, I am in another province before getting PR. So, once I get PR, I won`t be able to stay Quebec due to job.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you very much.