+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Provincial Nominee-to establish myself in another province after landed

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you are saying you are in another province working, you do not have your PR yet and you are not planning on settling in Quebec after you get it? I think your plan is iffy to say the least.

So far, immigration has not been going after PR's who have left their PNP province, even soon after landing, but if they ever decide to in the future, your history of having worked in another province and then continued to do so after getting your PR through QSW will clearly tell that you never had an intent to settle. At worst, this can be seen as misrepresentation and you could lose your PR.

In my opinion, it would be safer for you to give up your job and make an attempt to settle in Quebec when you get your PR. Spend at least 2-3 months, and if you don't get a job, you can leave again.

As for your spouse, you only need Quebec approval for sponsorship if you are living in Quebec when you sponsor.

And keep in mind, if you get married before you get your PR, you can not land until you have added your spouse to your application.

mylcdmonitor

Jan 15, 2014
hi
plz help me
i have same question related to this threadThanks GOD i am provincial nominee and i have got visa , i have 2 questions ?
1- if i couldnt find any direct flight to halifax , can i land in another city like toronto ?
2- for giving pr card can i give an address outside of nova scotia ?
could u plz give my answer with refrences of cic or other official website ?
i really help ur answers
GOD Bless U

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mylcdmonitor said:
hi
plz help me
i have same question related to this threadThanks GOD i am provincial nominee and i have got visa , i have 2 questions ?
1- if i couldnt find any direct flight to halifax , can i land in another city like toronto ?
2- for giving pr card can i give an address outside of nova scotia ?
could u plz give my answer with refrences of cic or other official website ?
i really help ur answers
GOD Bless U
1 - you could if you have connecting flight to Nova Scotia.

2 - you need to have a good reason why you are providing an address outside of the province. If your answer doesnt satisfy them then you may be refused entry and your PR visa may be cancelled. Better to not provide an address at all and tell officer you will provide one once you have a permanent address in NS.

mylcdmonitor

Jan 15, 2014
thank u
it is not a good reason that im newcomer and i dont have a permanent address and i want to give my friends address ?
or during my stay i want to visit canada and i dont have a permanent address ?

vinodm06

Nov 3, 2015
What a good question to come with just now because I already answered this today on another thread except for Quebec so I don't have to re-type everything.

Answer:

There is no mandatory official "staying-time" for any PNP. However, you do sign a statement saying that you are intending to settle in that province. If you can be proven to have lied on any of your immigration papers, you can lose your PR.

It is only recently that immigration has started to cancel PR visas of people who are trying to land outside their PNP province and who either admit or evidence shows that they are not planning on settling there. Others have been given their PR but put on watch by the PNP in their province to look into if they do settle in that province and leaving it up to the PNP to report them if they don't.

In the future, the provinces themselves might crack down on this behaviour even more. It is possible that you will get away with leaving soon after landing and nothing will happen to you. It is also possible that they will find you in a year or two or three and ask you since you came through their program, what attempts you have made to settle in the province. If you left a day after you landed as a PR, you will not be able to say that you made any attempt. Therefore, it is safer to start out in your PNP province and try to find a job there. If you have been there for a few months and are unable to find a job but get a job offer somewhere else, then you can go ahead and move. If anybody were to ask you later, you can tell the truth, that is, you intended to settle, you gave it a try but unfortunately it did not work out for you there.
Hello Guys sorry if I am hijacking the thread or if its off topic. I have been trying to get answer to my questions please help if you guys can answer the one below,

I am an SINP nominee. I got visa stamped in april and validity of visa is till september 2017. I did medicals in feb 2017 but my old passport was expiring in sep 2017 so officials must have taken it as date and visa expiration date was set in september 2017. So I have only 5 months to prepare but I wont be able to move before that I will move so SINP in febraury 2018 so I decided to make a short landing next week. If any one can help with my following queries it would be very helpful. I know that most questions are already answered and I have gone through them hence just want to confirm.

1) My port of entry is toronto since my flight will be landing in toronto. Should I tell the officer that I will be doing a short landing for a week or shouldnt mention that?

2) Should I carry a flight ticket from toronto to saskatoon? since the port of entry is toronto and pr application will be done there should I carry the ticket since it a short landing. Dont get me wrong I will be settling in saskatoon when going in febraury 2018. So should I book ticket to show the officer or not?

3) I have a friends sister in toronto can I give her address for pr card delivery? She will be coming in december so she will carry it with her to India.

4) For proof of funds (I know that some officers may not ask for it) can I show fixed deposit account info in Indian Bank and a letter form bank stating the same? or should I carry amount in travellers cheque even if it is short landing

Thank you for the help in advance. I have to travel next week so any help would be appreciated

vinodm06

Nov 3, 2015
thank u
it is not a good reason that im newcomer and i dont have a permanent address and i want to give my friends address ?
or during my stay i want to visit canada and i dont have a permanent address ?
hey please let me know what happened when you landed in toronto. Did you stay in toronto or showed connecting flight ticket to nova scotia? Did you say you are visiting canada for landing procedure?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys sorry if I am hijacking the thread or if its off topic. I have been trying to get answer to my questions please help if you guys can answer the one below,

I am an SINP nominee. I got visa stamped in april and validity of visa is till september 2017. I did medicals in feb 2017 but my old passport was expiring in sep 2017 so officials must have taken it as date and visa expiration date was set in september 2017. So I have only 5 months to prepare but I wont be able to move before that I will move so SINP in febraury 2018 so I decided to make a short landing next week. If any one can help with my following queries it would be very helpful. I know that most questions are already answered and I have gone through them hence just want to confirm.

1) My port of entry is toronto since my flight will be landing in toronto. Should I tell the officer that I will be doing a short landing for a week or shouldnt mention that?

2) Should I carry a flight ticket from toronto to saskatoon? since the port of entry is toronto and pr application will be done there should I carry the ticket since it a short landing. Dont get me wrong I will be settling in saskatoon when going in febraury 2018. So should I book ticket to show the officer or not?

3) I have a friends sister in toronto can I give her address for pr card delivery? She will be coming in december so she will carry it with her to India.

4) For proof of funds (I know that some officers may not ask for it) can I show fixed deposit account info in Indian Bank and a letter form bank stating the same? or should I carry amount in travellers cheque even if it is short landing

Thank you for the help in advance. I have to travel next week so any help would be appreciated
If you want to avoid trouble completely, you would not tell them that you are doing a short landing, you would carry a ticket with you to your PNP province, you would definitely not give a Toronto address for your PR card, you would tell them that you do not have an address yet, then go to SK, arrange an address through a UPS store and update immigration with that address and the UPS store will forward your PR card to whichever address you give them. Also get your SIN at the same time. Do not sign up for health care. You should carry funds for at least a couple of thousand and the rest may be in a bank account and you may tell them you will wire the money once you open a bank account.

If you follow through with your plan and say that you are doing a short landing, they may decide to withhold your PR card for now based on that you will not be there to receive it. This would put you through the hassle of applying for a PR travel document once you are ready to come back and settle and could potentially cause you other problems such as waiting more than 6 months after your landing would cause a longer waiting period for a PR card as it would be treated like a renewal instead of a new card and in case you end up not going until a year or more after your landing and you did not get a SIN on your first trip, you would actually not be able to get a SIN until you get your PR card which means you can't work.

If you show up without a ticket to your PNP province and insist on giving an Ontario address for your PR card, they could also refuse your landing and tell you to go to your PNP office and clear things up with them because it doesn't look like you are going to settle there. They do have the right to refuse the landing of a PNP applicant if they don't seem to be going to their PNP province.

angelazheng

Feb 6, 2015
Hi guys,

After reading all the information in this post, i thought I should share mine.

I rec'd my PR under NBPNP in March 2012 and stilled lived there until Jan. 2014. I had a job there in a fast food restaurant as a manager and that's how I got my PR card. I've been tried so hard to find a better job that can use my education background better but unfortunately I could not find any opportunities in NB. In Jan. 2014 i moved to Alberta and found an A/P job.
I received an email from NBPNP office in August 2014 asking me to fill out a survey with questions like "Are you still living & working in NB? If not, why?" I filled out the survey by telling the truth that I truly intended to stay in NB but I couldn't find a job that can use what I've learnt from University. After that email I have never heard anything from them and it's been 2+ years since I moved to AB.

I am currently renewing my PR card, so I sure hope my case will go smooth.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017

You applied and were approved under Sask nomination. You intend to land in Toronto Ontario, without plans to travel to Sask, and to give them an address in Ontario to send a PR card.

Ask yourself if that looks like you plan to live in Sask.