+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta PNP work experience

Foma Kiniaev

Sep 10, 2023
Hi everybody,
Alberta's website says they require 24 months abroad experience within the last 30 months for Oportunity Stream, but it doesn't say if self employment work experience is eligible.
Does anybody know if it is?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everybody,
Alberta's website says they require 24 months abroad experience within the last 30 months for Oportunity Stream, but it doesn't say if self employment work experience is eligible.
Does anybody know if it is?
You can count your self employment as long as you can prove you did the work (contracts, receipts, client letters, business registration), and it is the same NOC as your job offer.

Reactions: Foma Kiniaev

Foma Kiniaev

Sep 10, 2023
You can count your self employment as long as you can prove you did the work (contracts, receipts, client letters, business registration), and it is the same NOC as your job offer.
Thank you. Are you sure? Is there anywhere I can read that? I tried to find it on Alberta's website, but I couldn't....

Foma Kiniaev

Sep 10, 2023
Well you are working in Alberta now so don’t see why you cannot combine your experience.
I don't see that neither, just like I don't see why self employment experience is ineligible for many skilled worker immigration programs, but it is. It doesn't have anything to do with logic so I'm not asking if it's logical or no.
Is there any source where I can read that self employment work experience is eligible for AINP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don't see that neither, just like I don't see why self employment experience is ineligible for many skilled worker immigration programs, but it is. It doesn't have anything to do with logic so I'm not asking if it's logical or no.
Is there any source where I can read that self employment work experience is eligible for AINP?
If it doesn’t say then it should be okay. Call AINP or have your employer call and ask them directly and don’t ask volunteers.

Foma Kiniaev

Sep 10, 2023
If it doesn’t say then it should be okay. Call AINP or have your employer call and ask them directly and don’t ask volunteers.
Why not?
I will be asking questions on the forum, that's what it's for.
If you don't know the answer or don't want to share it than don't reply.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why not?
I will be asking questions on the forum, that's what it's for.
If you don't know the answer or don't want to share it than don't reply.
This is a volunteer forum. do your own research. It is not meant to replace the work of a consultant or your employer. Self employment is allowed. If you don’t believe me then call AINP.