Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ell.Bee said:
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/srsvisaholder.html

If the Candidate is approved as a Provincial Nominee and they find employment in their field in Alberta, the AINP may be able to issue a letter of support that would help the Candidate start working in Alberta right away, prior to their application for permanent residence with CIC being finalised.
The old rule was that if you have a PNP, you do not need a LMO and you still have to apply for TWP from the CIC before you can go to Alberta and start working. But the above sentence sounds like you do not need a LMO and TWP and you can just go and start working in Alberta as long as you have a job offer. My be I am not understanding it correctly or the AINP is not giving enough information.

It sounds like it is almost impossible to find a job in Alberta. I have not heard a single person in this forum or other forums who was able to find a job in Alberta so far.

A

Albertagoverner

nix1 said:
Ell.Bee said:
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/srsvisaholder.html

If the Candidate is approved as a Provincial Nominee and they find employment in their field in Alberta, the AINP may be able to issue a letter of support that would help the Candidate start working in Alberta right away, prior to their application for permanent residence with CIC being finalised.
The old rule was that if you have a PNP, you do not need a LMO and you still have to apply for TWP from the CIC before you can go to Alberta and start working. But the above sentence sounds like you do not need a LMO and TWP and you can just go and start working in Alberta as long as you have a job offer. My be I am not understanding it correctly or the AINP is not giving enough information.

It sounds like it is almost impossible to find a job in Alberta. I have not heard a single person in this forum or other forums who was able to find a job in Alberta so far.
Mostly job requires Face 2 Face interview, So practically it is not so feasible. Market is also a bit slow.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
nix1 said:
I have not heard a single person in this forum or other forums who was able to find a job in Alberta so far.
the reason being - 1. nobody has yet gotten their PR completed through H1B stream and 2. employers are not willing to sponsor at this time.

picture will get clearer when you get your PR and then apply for jobs, imho. at that time employers won't have to go through any legal hassles to give you a job.

jamesb111

Oct 28, 2008
what is AOR and file #? I am planning to apply to CIC either today or tommorrow.
Also what are the expected time lines.
I saw on the site for buffalo it about 5 months for 50% of the cases . Is that the time taken for Permanent Residency?
Thanks

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Albertagoverner and nomad_musafir.

I think you guys are right. We have to wait until we get our PR and see if we can land a job in Alberta. As Albertagoverner said, we may even have to be there to have a face to face interview.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamesb111 said:
what is AOR and file #? I am planning to apply to CIC either today or tommorrow.
I saw on the site for buffalo it about 5 months for 50% of the cases . Is that the time taken for Permanent Residency?
Thanks
AOR: Acknowledgement of Receipt (Buffalo will send you this when they officially accept your application for processing and I think it comes with a number starting with 'B' and that is your file number. B for Buffalo, I think).

Nobody can tell you the exact timeline, but what we have seen so far is people are getting the file number and medical request in about 2 months from the day the CIC received their packages and once you send your medical results back, my guess is that they will ask for your passport for PR visa in about 2 months (assuming that there are no medical and security issues). So, it is about 4 months from the day the CIC receives your package. And the 5 months average timeline they have given sounds about right.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
It seems to be a reality that we need PR to land a job in Alberta... I sent my resume a couple of days ago with my cover letter stating ... "I have been nominated by Alberta under the Strategic Recruitment Stream Provincial Nominee Program for H1B and this nomination allows me to obtain work permit to work in Alberta for any company while processing my Canadian Permanent Residence."

And I got this in my inbox... "Thank you for your interest in the XXXXX position. The immigration is always a catch-22 game. No employer will issue the offer letter unless you have a status to work in Canada, but you can't get the work permit until you get the offer letter........ Having that said, I will not be able to help until your process goes through and you have the paperwork to allow you to work in Alberta. "

Good luck to all!!

nix1 said:
Thanks Albertagoverner and nomad_musafir.

I think you guys are right. We have to wait until we get our PR and see if we can land a job in Alberta. As Albertagoverner said, we may even have to be there to have a face to face interview.

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Hi guys!

I just wanna inform everyone that I just mailed my application to CIC a few minutes ago. It seems like a "buzzer-beater play" for me because the PCC from a country I once worked with, has just arrived this afternoon and my FBI will be 3 months old in 2 days. So, the application needs to arrive in Buffalo, NY tomorrow to make all the documents valid as per CIC requirement.

I really hope that they will find everything in order and wish that they will process it as fast as possible, because I intend to leave the US anytime soon.

Thank you guys for the support and I will keep you posted on the development of my application.

jamesb111

Oct 28, 2008
nix1 said:
jamesb111 said:
Thanks
AOR: Acknowledgement of Receipt (Buffalo will send you this when they officially accept your application for processing and I think it comes with a number starting with 'B' and that is your file number. B for Buffalo, I think).

Nobody can tell you the exact timeline, but what we have seen so far is people are getting the file number and medical request in about 2 months from the day the CIC received their packages and once you send your medical results back, my guess is that they will ask for your passport for PR visa in about 2 months (assuming that there are no medical and security issues). So, it is about 4 months from the day the CIC receives your package. And the 5 months average timeline they have given sounds about right.

What is the process for medical once u get a request?

sumie

Apr 6, 2009
Hello guys,
I have a question about sending the passport copies.

Here is what the form AINP 009A says about the passport:

Supporting Documents Required :
A copy of the valid passport for you and your accompanying family members. Include the personal information page(s), any page(s) showing the expiry and renewal date(s) of the passport, and any page(s) containing U.S. visa(s).

I am confused about 2 things :

1) I have seen several people saying on the forum that we need to send copies of ALL the pages of passport. Do I really need to do that, or the personal information page and the visa stamping pages are enough ?

2) People have certified/notarized passport pages. Is that really required, since they have not asked for it ? Response from folks who have sent the documents already and got a response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sumie.

onlyy44

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hi sumie

You don't have to do copy of all pages of passport - You need only page with photo visa and stamp of entry to Canada.
and Yes You need the certify copy of that pages - they told me that when i call them.

what they told me more that birth cert. marriage cert divorce etc have to be certify translate and certify copy or original of that cert.

sumie said:
Hello guys,
I have a question about sending the passport copies.

Here is what the form AINP 009A says about the passport:

Supporting Documents Required :
A copy of the valid passport for you and your accompanying family members. Include the personal information page(s), any page(s) showing the expiry and renewal date(s) of the passport, and any page(s) containing U.S. visa(s).

I am confused about 2 things :

1) I have seen several people saying on the forum that we need to send copies of ALL the pages of passport. Do I really need to do that, or the personal information page and the visa stamping pages are enough ?

2) People have certified/notarized passport pages. Is that really required, since they have not asked for it ? Response from folks who have sent the documents already and got a response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sumie.

mango.lassee

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
Hi Nix,

Not to worry at all!! I had the same concern with photo background and also did the same as you for the check and photos (envelope).

I got my application returned from CIC with a note to update dates and sign, but there was absolutely no mention of anything regarding the photos or anything else. They are probably a bit flexible about such things:) Anyways, I resent my application and just found out from my bank that the check was cashed. So now, I just have to wait for AOR (fingers crossed).

Good luck to us all!

nix1 said:
I mailed my application package to the CIC Buffalo this afternoon at 1:04PM MST. They will receive it tomorrow before 12noon. It cost me $17.50 for that. It feels great to be able to send the package after almost 2 months from the date I received the nomination. Now I hope and pray that they will not send my package back for something that I forgot to do. As far as I know I have included everything they have asked for.

I had to sign at least 3 places and my wife had to sign two places. I have included 16 photos (4 for each person) and cashier's check of US$1190 for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Two things I am a little bit worried about are:
1) The photos do not have solid white backgrounds (one instruction says it has to be white and another instruction says it can be light-colored background, so not sure which one applies to me).
2) I did not place the Cashier's Check and photos the way they wanted (it did not make sense to me and did not seem practical). I did not staple them even though "the helpful hints" clearly said to staple them. I used a paperclip to attach the check and I used two paperclips to attach the photo envelopes. I attached the check on the top of the generic form and the photo envelopes at the bottom of the same page. As soon as they open the envelope, they will see both check and photos. I also placed "the checklist" on the top of my application covering the check and photos, but it is stapled separatley.

Thanks

mythdot

Oct 29, 2008
Send in my application today. Should reach CIC tomorrow. Hopefully it won't get returned. Now the waiting begins....