+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

C

cchabert

by the way, why do we need to include photo copies of CIC forms with AINP...........

This is from Albertagoverner:

You have to send the original set of federal forms. Because you have sent the photocopies of those forms to AINP, those photocopies will be mailed from Edmonton to Buffalo and you will send you orginal forms from your address to Buffalo CIC. They do it so because they wanna see how accurate and similar was your information while you aplied for nomination and for PR Visa and also they wanna keep same information about you and your past in both offices: Buffalo and Edmonton.

Retro

Feb 26, 2009
Hi everyone!

I am glad I found this forum.I think this forum is a great guide
to everyone out there. Kudos to all for your contribution.

I got my AINP nomination around Jan 15th. And I am almost ready to
send my application to CIC. I had a few concerns I thought I could
share with the forumers here to help me out with.

1) If there are minor adjustments to be made in the application, can we reprint the
application and send it over again.

2) Would the CIC have an issue with the date when the original application was signed, (in my case Oct 2008)

I'd appreciate the help. Thanks

M

manthenaarun

Hi,
When applying to CIC do we have to send the Birth Certificates? because me and my wife dont have the Birth Certificates, is there any alternative that we can send them instead... If I know the alternative, I can start getting it before the AINP Certificate arrives. Thanks in advance

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Retro said:
Hi everyone!

I am glad I found this forum.I think this forum is a great guide
to everyone out there. Kudos to all for your contribution.

I got my AINP nomination around Jan 15th. And I am almost ready to
send my application to CIC. I had a few concerns I thought I could
share with the forumers here to help me out with.

1) If there are minor adjustments to be made in the application, can we reprint the
application and send it over again.

2) Would the CIC have an issue with the date when the original application was signed, (in my case Oct 2008)

I'd appreciate the help. Thanks

1. yes you an refill and print a new application , it does not have to be the same one that u sent to AINP....

2. no cic has no issues with date if u sign it today

i did the same thing, printed fresh application form and sent it to cic with recent date and signature...

good luck

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
manthenaarun said:
Hi,
When applying to CIC do we have to send the Birth Certificates? because me and my wife dont have the Birth Certificates, is there any alternative that we can send them instead... If I know the alternative, I can start getting it before the AINP Certificate arrives. Thanks in advance
yes CIC does mention to send birth certificates for the applicant and dependents...
i am not sure about the alternative... somebody could suggest here....

incase, you are from india you can apply for birth certificate at indian consulate i believe...

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi Friends
Every one in this forum is speaking about PCC, but what actually is the PCC stands for and why we need it and can i get that one before i got my AINP nomination.please provide answers to this one.Please my humble don't ask me to check in this forum some where i tried it but couldnot get it.

Thanks & Regards

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Hi

Thanks for replying me...
I got one more question,do i need to send my experience letters,employment verification letters,H1 approvals,H4 approvals and all job related documents to buffalo,(Im in thrid stage,sending documents to CIC)

Thanks..

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
redstar said:
Hi Friends
Every one in this forum is speaking about PCC, but what actually is the PCC stands for and why we need it and can i get that one before i got my AINP nomination.please provide answers to this one.Please my humble don't ask me to check in this forum some where i tried it but couldnot get it.

Thanks & Regards
PCC - Police Clearence Certificate.

CIC requires FBI Clearence + PCC from all those US states & countries where the applicant & his/her dependents(over 18 years of age) have been over 6 months of stay.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bendjoe said:
email2kale said:
PCC from all those US states
Is this true?There is a PCC reqd from all US states.I am only aware of FBI clearance .
[size=10pt][size=10pt]Single PCC comes for each country of residence over 6 months and single FBI clearance is required, no matter how many states you lived in US.[/size][/size]

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Tapak said:
bendjoe said:
email2kale said:
Is this true?There is a PCC reqd from all US states.I am only aware of FBI clearance .
[size=10pt][size=10pt]Single PCC comes for each country of residence over 6 months and single FBI clearance is required, no matter how many states you lived in US.[/size][/size]

Tapak: Are you sure? Will just one PCC & FBI cleareance is enough?

I see following statement in cic site:

United States of America
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

Yes. Applicants should provide a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) certificate with fingerprints, and State certificates from all U.S. states where they have resided for a period of 6 months or more since turning age 18.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

C

cchabert

Well my brother in law was require only with the FBI and that's it, maybe depends on the immigration officer

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
email2kale:

Look at the update on the site - I believe this is a new requirement as of the updated page is 02/19/09. Previously, the state certificate is not required...

I submitted both state certificate and FBI clearance for US.

email2kale said:
Tapak said:
bendjoe said:
email2kale said:

Tapak: Are you sure? Will just one PCC & FBI cleareance is enough?

I see following statement in cic site:

United States of America
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

Yes. Applicants should provide a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) certificate with fingerprints, and State certificates from all U.S. states where they have resided for a period of 6 months or more since turning age 18.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp