+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
No,I am talking about the person who is entering from US to Canada or from Canada to US.
they can check their criminal record seriously.

I know one case when I was in Canada,he was not allowed to enter in US because he had criminal record in Canada.
how US knew,he had criminal record in Canada.
US and Canada shares limited information regarding person entering in their country.

rascojenkins said:
I honestly do not think The US and canada share immigration linformatiom like that.

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
the United States and some other foreign countries have access to the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) system, customs officials use the CPIC system to determine whether individuals have criminal records. If a person has a criminal record and/or travel waiver, U.S. Customs will enter the person's criminal record information into their own system - where it will stay indefinitely. If a person tries to enter the U.S. in the future, regardless of whether he or she has received a pardon, Customs officials will have the criminal record documented in their system.

Canadian pardons do not have legal force outside of Canada. The United States is not compelled to destroy their copy of the record when a Canadian pardons is granted. This means that if U.S. customs have previously entered a person's name into their own system, they would have that person's criminal record even though the record would no longer appear on CPIC. In such cases, people with a pardon may also wish to consider applying for a travel waiver.

Information from CPIC is retained indefinitely in the U.S. computer system if customs is alerted to the existence of a record for any person attempting to cross the border. If a person has a record and has entered the U.S. in the past without their record being checked, a pardon will be helpful because it will remove the record from CPIC. Since that person's name no longer appears on CPIC, that individual no longer has a criminal record. If Customs asks whether the individual has a criminal record, the individual can say "no." This also applies if a person has received a pardon and has never entered the U.S. The best advice in any situation is to be as honest as possible and remember that Customs can deny or allow a person to enter the U.S. at their discretion. Travellers should also assume that any criminal record information provided to Customs officials will be entered on their police information system for future reference.

http://www.johnhoward.ab.ca/PUB/A5.htm#Q11

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Alberta is adding a new criteria to the H1B stream.... nothing to worry about for those who want to migrate to Alberta though

To qualify for this program, you must meet the following basic criteria:

1. A Candidate must demonstrate a clear ability and intention to live permanently in Alberta;

The rest of the criteria remains the same ....

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

C

cchabert

ingegarcia said:
Alberta is adding a new criteria to the H1B stream.... nothing to worry about for those who want to migrate to Alberta though

1. A Candidate must demonstrate a clear ability and intention to live permanently in Alberta;

And how to?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I guess that criteria relates to the questions Alberta included for 2009 applicants.... So they would need to do their homework and go through all the links in the Alberta website and make sure that they have a good understanding of jobs, housing, weather, economy...
Also as someone said in another post it is good/beneficial for us so we are prepared once we get there... Anyway at least if we are already at this stage we shouldn't have to worry about it...... unless we are called for an interview by CIC office... :)

3. Describe what you have done, or what you plan to do, to search for a job in Alberta (Provide attachment if required):
4. Describe your plans for initial settlement in Alberta. For instance, where do you plan to live and what type of accommodation are you are seeking? (Provide attachment if required):
5. Describe your familiarity with Alberta. For instance, what do you know about its climate, labour market, cost of living, geography, etc.? (Provide attachment if required):

cchabert said:
ingegarcia said:

And how to?

kishankanhaiya

Jan 7, 2009
Jay007,

Did CIC tell you the exact reason for returning your documents when they sent the application back?

Below is what is written in the checklist.

"...If you live in a country different from your nationality, include a photocopy of your
visa for the country where you currently live."

Regards,

KishanKanhaiya.

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
They just want to know that I m in US more then one year.
They told me to send I-797 and I-94 only.
I had already send I-94 still it was returned.

I advise new applicant for Buffalo,please do send I-797 even it is not in list.

kishankanhaiya said:
Jay007,

Did CIC tell you the exact reason for returning your documents when they sent the application back?

Below is what is written in the checklist.

"...If you live in a country different from your nationality, include a photocopy of your
visa for the country where you currently live."

Regards,

KishanKanhaiya.

desiboy1

Feb 15, 2009
ainpdude said:
desiboy1 said:
Hi Ainpdude - Did you have FSW with CIC as well? I filed FSW in Aug & got provisional AOR today saying that they will process my application pending Minister's decision on new Immigration rules. My profession is not in 38 professions declared by CIC. I submitted AINP to CIC in Dec 08 & have no update on that. I am so confused on what should be done. While submitting AINP, I requested CIC to change FSW to AINP but don't think anyone even opened that application yet. I wonder if you or anyone who has been in a similar situation can guide me. Should I write them to change this to AINP or any other thoughts. Thanks a lot!
desiboy,

I was in a similar situation but didnt have provisional AOR ... when I mailed CIC they asked me to file a seperate PNP
application... apparently some other applicants were able to switch FSW to PNP... so this whole conversion thing is not
clear at all... I mailed a seperate application to CIC with new PNP fees along with a letter asking them to switch FSW to
PNP...

to me since,,, my new PNP fees have already been encashed by CIC it seems like they have "not" converted the
earlier FSW..

the only thing that you might be able to do is incase you have sent a seperate fees for PNP.. then u could check
if it has been encashed... as per trackitt.com response one member was able to FSW to PNP just by requesting CIC
over FAX...
Hi Ainpdude - Thanks man. N congrats on getting your check encashed. Sure you shall have your AOR soon. Good luck to others as well.

I did check the staus of check submitted along with PNP application. Its not been cashed. I plan on writing to CIC asking about PNP application. Hope someone there responds. :) Is your FSW check encashed? Thanks again dude.

desiboy1

Feb 15, 2009
Albertagoverner said:
ainpdude said:
desiboy1 said:
Hi Ainpdude - Did you have FSW with CIC as well? I filed FSW in Aug & got provisional AOR today saying that they will process my application pending Minister's decision on new Immigration rules. My profession is not in 38 professions declared by CIC. I submitted AINP to CIC in Dec 08 & have no update on that. I am so confused on what should be done. While submitting AINP, I requested CIC to change FSW to AINP but don't think anyone even opened that application yet. I wonder if you or anyone who has been in a similar situation can guide me. Should I write them to change this to AINP or any other thoughts. Thanks a lot!
desiboy,

I was in a similar situation but didnt have provisional AOR ... when I mailed CIC they asked me to file a seperate PNP
application... apparently some other applicants were able to switch FSW to PNP... so this whole conversion thing is not
clear at all... I mailed a seperate application to CIC with new PNP fees along with a letter asking them to switch FSW to
PNP...

to me since,,, my new PNP fees have already been encashed by CIC it seems like they have "not" converted the
earlier FSW..

the only thing that you might be able to do is incase you have sent a seperate fees for PNP.. then u could check
if it has been encashed... as per trackitt.com response one member was able to FSW to PNP just by requesting CIC
over FAX...
They are now asking for seperate petition. The conversion days are over. If you have applied for FSW and paid a application fees, they will ask to fill seperate forms with PNP cetificate and seperate fees. The previous paid fees will not be refunded or adjusted towards this application. To be more specific on your case situation, send an email to buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Hi Albertagoverner - How ru. well this is kind of a new information. I believe even those of us who had FSW in place are sending in new PNP app after nomination along with a new set of documents. but as there is no update on PNP application, so fees point is little worrying. I sent FSW with a check and now PNP with a separate check. FSW check is encahsed & I got a provisional AOR. I plan on writing to CIC on PNP app & shall keep everyone updated on response. Thanks man.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
desiboy1 said:
ainpdude said:
desiboy1 said:
desiboy,

PNP...

earlier FSW..

over FAX...
Hi Ainpdude - Thanks man. N congrats on getting your check encashed. Sure you shall have your AOR soon. Good luck to others as well.

I did check the staus of check submitted along with PNP application. Its not been cashed. I plan on writing to CIC asking about PNP application. Hope someone there responds. :) Is your FSW check encashed? Thanks again dude.
desiboy,

thanks for the wishes and wish you too the same !
Yes, my FSW fee was encashed in Sep 2008. I have requested for FSW fee refund
as I am withdrawing FSW... have not heard on that from them on that either.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
rascojenkins said:
I thought when you ask to withdraw your PR as FSW applicant it delays your PR based on provincial nominaton application?
sorry if my understanding is not correct....
but i dont think there should be any special delays due to withdrawing of FSW...
yes it definitely takes more time for a fresh PNP application to reach its conclusion
as opposed to converting and FSW in to PNP ......

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
hi friends, can anyone tell me once a person gets nominated from alberta PNP does it guarantee that he/she will be nominated in the cic process also. I've no problem with medical and security issues. I got nominated for alberta pnp and trying to go through cic process.As this is still a long way to go i need to atleast gather some info so that I can make decision about my studies. please help with your valuable suggestions.