+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

C

cchabert

Thank you Tapak, your spreadsheet was very helpful, in my case I won't needed because I already send this money on my FSW application, I'm just waiting for the nomination to cancel the FSW.

Happy 2009! Everyone!

nit

Dec 26, 2008
Hi Krish,
Thanks,so we are in same lane.Did you get any updates for file number?
Please let me know now we can apply PCC and FBI certificates.Do you know how to apply those certificates.
Regards,
Nit.

KrisR said:
Hi Nihak,

I am in the same boat as you. I applied for my PNP on Dec 1 and documents recieved by Alberta on Dec3.
Looks like the changes in the application process ( the removal of the pre assessment phase ) along with the holidays might be the cause for the delay in file numbers. I know of only one boarder ,Nix1 who has got his file number.
We shud also recieve it soon .. So keeping fingers crossed. All the best mate..

nit said:
Hi,
My name is nihak,I am new to this group.
I applied for AINP nomination Nov 26,but still i am not receive any file number?
actually how long it will take for file number?
Thanks.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Police clearance requirements

Just getting prepared for CIC filing: Seems that the main bottleneck is police clearances. Please let us know what other activity can be started now after filing for AINP nomination so that we can save time.
On police clearance, is PCC required from all countries that you've lived in the past or only past 10 years? Has anyone here tried to get PCC from middle east countries? How difficult is it to get from there? And for India I note some folks got from consulate and others mention going to India. Does this require presence in India or can we get it from the Indian Consulate?
Thanks!

ingegarcia said:
Not yet... I need to get the police certificate from my home country... I'm traveling the end of this year and hopefully this or the beginning of the next one

mumbaimerijan

Jan 4, 2009
Hi Guys ,

Thanks for all your inputs, i received my nomination on Jan2 dated DEC 15 th.

Here are my timelines :

Applied for Pre-assesment : 30 July 2008
Received Application Kit : SEP 262008
Sent filled Application Kit : Oct 2 2008
Received file number : Oct 23 2008
Received Nomination : Jan 2nd , 2009 (dated:15 DEC)

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
mumbaimerijan said:
Hi Guys ,

Here are my timelines :

Applied for Pre-assesment : 30 July
Received Application Kit : SEP 26
Sent filled Application Kit : Oct 2
Received file number : Oct 23 (xxxx-xxx-218)
Congratulations mate. Welcome to the community. May I know your NOC code?

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
mumbaimerijan said:
Hi Guys ,

Here are my timelines :

Applied for Pre-assesment : 30 July
Received Application Kit : SEP 26
Sent filled Application Kit : Oct 2
Received file number : Oct 23 (xxxx-xxx-218)
Congratulations!!! I like your screen name mumbaimerijan!!
Jai Maharashtra
Hope we all can meet in Alberta!!

-dna

druckers

Jan 5, 2009
Hi,

I applied for Skilled worker category in 2006 from New Delhi, India. And I also applied to AINP and got the file number between xxxx-xx-0320 to 330.

In my original PR application, I put the preferred destination as Toronto, Ontario whereas in AINP, I said Calgary, AB. Will it make any difference or can I mention Toronto as my destination even in AINP process as well?

Thanks,
Drucker

Rocking vibes

Oct 29, 2008
Finally, I graduate to this CIC thread, I guess I am the first student of Class of 2009.....My file number is 260 and I just got my nomination. I have my FBI FP but not my PCC yet...Shd I apply or wait for my PCC ? Has anyone applied without PCC ? Tapak posted a decent laundry list of docs which needs to taken care of...apart from that do we have to fax and mail the acceptance before that ? Please guide me...Seniors of class 2008 ?

ferdiii

Jan 5, 2009
How can I arrange for a job in Canada. It will be faster for me to go to Lagos for visa appeals and steady my stay in Canada (PR) than applying via FSW through Accra. I live in Nigeria and I do Computer Networking based on Internet provision and I have a Diploma in Computer Science from a University and CCNA.

umaguy

Nov 9, 2008
Rocking vibes said:
Finally, I graduate to this CIC thread, I guess I am the first student of Class of 2009.....My file number is 260 and I just got my nomination. I have my FBI FP but not my PCC yet...Shd I apply or wait for my PCC ? Has anyone applied without PCC ? Tapak posted a decent laundry list of docs which needs to taken care of...apart from that do we have to fax and mail the acceptance before that ? Please guide me...Seniors of class 2008 ?
Congratulations! Thanks for posting and good luck with your CIC process.

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Congratulations Rocking vibes,

what is the date of nomination on the nomination letter?

Rocking vibes said: