+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
dnataraj said:
arajesh5 said:
Guys ...

I sent my application to Buffalo on April 23rd. By May 15, I received a letter asking me to fill in more information on IM0008. I returned the application on May 23. On Jun 15, my cashier's check was cashed. Today, on August 6, I received a file number starting with B followed by 9 digits. Also included with the letter is the request for a medical exam. I am yet to take the exam - After the results are sent to Canada - how long does it take to get to the next step (and by the what is... the next step).

Also, sometime in between, I had my expiring passport renewed and I hence have a new passport ? Should I do something about this ?

Thks,
Congratulations Rajesh.

Get the medicals done asap and send them to Ottawa. Make sure you send it by FedEx kind of thing so that you will have tracking info.

Sometime soon, you will get AOR ( the initial assessment) and request for PCC's and RPRF. Start getting your PCC's from FBI, all the states in the US you have stayed and all the countries you have resided. Apply to nearby Indian consulate asap as it will take long time depending on various factors.

Inform CIC about your new passport with all details like passport number etc through email as well as surface mail. Quote your immigration file number Bxxxxxxxxx in all correspondence.

You will be getting your PRR by this year end!!!

And my best wishes.
-dna
Hello Nataraj,

Wonderful response that was. Yes -I will let them know of my new passport information and will include the B-number with it.

By the way, I already sent them the PCCs from India, FBI "no record" statement with IM0008 n such. I however did not send the seperate state wise certificates (I've lived in like 4 odd states) !

Also, the instruction sheet included in the mail I received today has a set of instructions for the physician who will do my medicals. In it, it clearly states that the physician should not give the applicant (me) any of the documents / reports / chest Xrays! What do other applicants in the forum do ? Do they send their medical reports themselves or does the designation physician do that ?

Thanks much,
Rajesh

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Yes the doctor will not give any medical test reports to the candidate. What I meant was, ask the doctor to send them by FedEx/UPS and get the tracking number from him/her. This will help track the medical reports and you will have proof of delivering them to Ottawa.

Not all are asked to submit state PCC's. Sometimes they ask sometimes not. However, if you keep them ready you can send them immediately when they ask. Alternatively, you can send them to CIC as soon as you get them, thus saving some time.

Hope this helps!!

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
dnataraj said:
Yes the doctor will not give any medical test reports to the candidate. What I meant was, ask the doctor to send them by FedEx/UPS and get the tracking number from him/her. This will help track the medical reports and you will have proof of delivering them to Ottawa.

Not all are asked to submit state PCC's. Sometimes they ask sometimes not. However, if you keep them ready you can send them immediately when they ask. Alternatively, you can send them to CIC as soon as you get them, thus saving some time.

Hope this helps!!
dnataraj,
It looks like they are asking state pccs everone nowadays.

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Hello Seniors,
I am about to send our Documents to CIC Buffalo, but i only have a copy of my birth certificate. Do i need to notarized this???i don't have the original only copy....
plz answer me as i m trying to send it as sooner as possible.
Thnx

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
another question
Do we need Proof of funds , when i m applying for CIC. If Yes then do the valuation of Gold jewelery will work as a fund + Bank Statement+ 401k
Please Seniors help me out...

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
azndude said:
Has anyone applied under the new rule with IT manager but the title is developer, and what's the result?
results are that cic may or may not be fooled. (they seem smarter than cis)
side effects might include, but are not limited to:
excessive sweating, high blood pressure, anxiety, indigestion, tremors in hands and feet, loss of appetite, sleepless nights, fear of rejection, red & watery eyes, loss of self esteem, guilty consciousness (scratch that - shouldn't be a problem), fear of shadows, development of serpent-like characteristics, nausea & vomiting (strangely this does not actually happen to applicant but is rather to other honest applicants).

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Musafir,

Can you please update the tracking sheet with your application received data and file number. I see that the information is missing in vsraos tracking sheet.

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
rabzee said:
another question
Do we need Proof of funds , when i m applying for CIC. If Yes then do the valuation of Gold jewelery will work as a fund + Bank Statement+ 401k
Please Seniors help me out...
No, you do not need proof of funds when applying for CIC (Buffalo).

You'll find what you need to include in your application in the Appendix A: Checklist (following link)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
rabzee said:
Hello Seniors,
I am about to send our Documents to CIC Buffalo, but i only have a copy of my birth certificate. Do i need to notarized this???i don't have the original only copy....
Thnx
Yes, your birth certificate needs to be notarized.

The checklist (http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf) states "Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals."

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rabzee said:
Hello Seniors,
Thnx
rabzee,

as you only have a copy of the birth certificate, it would be a good idea to request the oringinal from your home country consulate. if you can get it notorized without the original it will be great or you can just send it without notorizing. CIC might ask you for notorized, that time you might get the original from your consulate which you can send a notorized copy of.

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Thanx a lot for replies...i think i'll try to get it notarized , and if not then I'll send it as it is and try to get my original from home country.

What about Proof of funds?do we need to send with CIC documents or wait for them to ask about it.because in the Guide for CIC Buffalo , Proof of funds requirements shows only for Federal class.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf