+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
SinghIsKing said:
Thanks dude..........that was quick
Also SinghIsKing, I talked to CIC, BUFFALO last week and they told me to send complete application (Including FBI reports + Home country Police certificate) to prevent any further delaying. But they also told me that United states PCC is not required.

So you can send your application to CIC BUFFALO once you get FBI report all at once to prevent any further delaying.

Thanks

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
yasenkov said:
Hi Experts,

do I need to be in the US on an H1B at the time of issuance of the permanent resident visa?
I am thinking of starting grad school in Canada this fall. Submitted my application to CIC a week ago. If I do not get the permanent resident visa by August, will the fact that I move to Canada for school affect my CIC proceesing?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, you do need to be on H1 throughout the process. There have been a few cases reported here that their nomination was canceled as they did not continue to maintain their H1 status.
As far as I know, "moving to Canada" by itself should not affect CIC processing, however you'll be out of H1 status.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
nomad_musafir,
I have seen cases where folks have got the AINP nomination and then moved to other countries and processing from home countries. Are you sure H1 folks have to be on H1 status until the Canadian PR is stamped in passport? (Or did you mean until getting their nomination?).

nomad_musafir said:
Unfortunately, you do need to be on H1 throughout the process. There have been a few cases reported here that their nomination was canceled as they did not continue to maintain their H1 status.
As far as I know, "moving to Canada" by itself should not affect CIC processing, however you'll be out of H1 status.

kevura

Feb 22, 2010
Hi,

I am Kevura i am brand new to this forum. One year ago I applied for AINP under us Visa Holder category and i got my Nomination recently.In the nomination package they provided me less information for further processing.Can some one help me what is the exact CIC process and what are the documents i have to gather and do i have to send my documents to Canada or Buffalo New york.

Thanks in Advance.

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Hi nomad_musafir,

To the best of my knowledge, you need to maintain your H1b status uptil nomination from AINP stage. Once you have been nominated by AINP, you can continue your processing from your Home country as well.

Thanks,

nomad_musafir said:

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Guys,

Remember one thing, "Processing from home country" is still not confirmed and it depends upon the decision by the Consular office @ Buffalo. And I know this because I had contacted AINP with this regard. They mentioned it depends if Buffalo can forward the information to the Home country consular office.

It is entirely their mercy, so double check if someone wants to process from their home country.

Because, as soon as nomination is approved, AINP communicates to the Buffalo office about the file and not home country. So, guys, be careful before you leave US for this process.

All the best !

canada77 said:
Hi nomad_musafir,

To the best of my knowledge, you need to maintain your H1b status uptil nomination from AINP stage. Once you have been nominated by AINP, you can continue your processing from your Home country as well.

Thanks,

NeedCanadaPR

Feb 22, 2010
nomad_musafir said:
This is news to me too. I thought that once you got the nomination, you are free to move back to home country. Can you/anyone point to the specific cases where CIC denied the application? Thanks much..

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
kevura said:
Hi,

I am Kevura i am brand new to this forum. One year ago I applied for AINP under us Visa Holder category and i got my Nomination recently.In the nomination package they provided me less information for further processing.Can some one help me what is the exact CIC process and what are the documents i have to gather and do i have to send my documents to Canada or Buffalo New york.

Thanks in Advance.
Provincial nominee application kit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-application.asp

Provincial nominee guide
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EP7.pdf

CIC instructions
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

Helpful hints
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/quebec_prov_hints-conseils.aspx?lang=eng

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
I am sorry to have created more confusion. I meant we need to be on H1B at least until AINP nomination. To my knowledge there haven't been any reported cases where an applicant was nominated, and then their nomination was canceled. All the rejections have been at the AINP nomination stage so far.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
nomad_musafir said:
I am sorry to have created more confusion. I meant we need to be on H1B at least until AINP nomination. To my knowledge there haven't been any reported cases where an applicant was nominated, and then their nomination was canceled. All the rejections have been at the AINP nomination stage so far.

Actually there was a case last year, where the nomination was canceled after AINP nominated the guy and his papers were in Buffalo. The reason was that in initial application to AINP, he wrote that he had never applied for Canada immigration before and AINP found out that he had applied for FSW couple of years earlier. ( I think he must have written Ontario or other province as his intended province in the FSW App.) The guys name was Zubaid or something with Z.

anthcott@yahoo.com

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
albertaorbust said:
Actually there was a case last year, where the nomination was canceled after AINP nominated the guy and his papers were in Buffalo. The reason was that in initial application to AINP, he wrote that he had never applied for Canada immigration before and AINP found out that he had applied for FSW couple of years earlier. ( I think he must have written Ontario or other province as his intended province in the FSW App.) The guys name was Zubaid or something with Z.
Hello albertaorbust, Do you mean that CIC found out that the person had applied couple of years earlier? Because AINP approved it anyways.

sam_here

Apr 24, 2009
Hi All,

I have applied for AINP program in SRS under NOC code 2173. I got the AINP nomination in Jan. i am in middle of applying for CIC nomination. Moving forward, i have few questions and thought would clear from you guys.

Firstly i did my MS program in Mechanical engineering and doing job in IT as programmer Analyst. So will there be any difficulties in CIC process and at the time applying jobs in Canada ?

Could someone please clarify my doubts. Appreciated.

Sam

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
anthcott@yahoo.com said:
Hello albertaorbust, Do you mean that CIC found out that the person had applied couple of years earlier? Because AINP approved it anyways.

No, AINP sent him the nomination cancellation letter. My understanding is that AINP found out the problem.

shahzad0786

Dec 30, 2009
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 june 2011
Doc's Request.
25 oct
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
25 oct 2011
Med's Done....
20 DEC 2011 AND SENT THE ADITIONAL DACUMENTS
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
step 1 .19 march at 4 pm
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
inshalah in first week of may
rezendgi said:
Guys,

Remember one thing, "Processing from home country" is still not confirmed and it depends upon the decision by the Consular office @ Buffalo. And I know this because I had contacted AINP with this regard. They mentioned it depends if Buffalo can forward the information to the Home country consular office.

It is entirely their mercy, so double check if someone wants to process from their home country.

Because, as soon as nomination is approved, AINP communicates to the Buffalo office about the file and not home country. So, guys, be careful before you leave US for this process.

All the best !
i am pakistani national living in uk but my wife is not with me she is in pakistan. i applied for snip in jun 09 and still waiting for noomination. just wondring what shall i do upon reciept of nomination.can i add her when i apply in canadian embassy in uk and she could have her medical don in pakistan or she have to be in uk with me for medical and after that for visa.
is that any chance ithat i can add her in my application and her case could be reffer to islamabad embassy,what is your expert advice. because it would be quit dificult for me to bring her here

thanks

please help i am so confused about that
tahnks