+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

vanishia

Mar 3, 2012
Can anyone with landing experience help me with my case.

Our intended destination would be in Edmonton Canada. But we would land in Vancouver first as this would lead as to our connecting flight to Edmonton. I juz want to know in what airport would we be interviewed by the immigration officer. Is it in Vancouver or in Edmonton? Im juz concern because our waiting time before our connecting flight to edmonton would just be 2 and 1/2 hour. would this time be enough to go through all the procedure.

Thanks! I hope someone reply. :)

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
You will be processed as new immigrants in Vancouver, which will serve as your port of entry. I think 2 1/2 hours would be okay and you won't miss your connecting flight to Edmonton. Congratulations and good luck!

technocrat

Aug 17, 2009
Need to finish the AINP based PR landing process. Anyone to help with Alberta address for PR would be greatly appreciated. Please send me an email with your contact details. I 'll be in touch with you immediately. Thanks again in advance.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
Hi mickey_sri,

First of all Congratulations to you and all your family members.

I went thru your PR landing experience which is very much in detail. I really want to talk to you and know more about AINP, especially regarding AVR. I have recently submitted my application to CIO. Please do respond me as soon as you can.

Thanks.

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
Hi everybody finally I landed in CANADA on 13th June .It is very smooth experienced. I was nominated by AINP under us visa holder category so I decides to land by sweetgrass border Montana.

I drove from Chicago to Montana by us W94 it was around 1700 miles up to Calgary.
Very long and stressful drive. I permanently moved to Canada We had one SUV and one dodge van both full of luggage’s. My spouse and I drove one of them and my father and brother drove other. We reached sweetgrass border on 13th June around 5 pm. I already faxed my cars title on 8th June to sweetgrass border so they stamped my car title “Vehicle exported” within 5 minutes and took out I-94 from I-794. I was set to go within 10 minutes.
Canada Border.

V O : What is the reason to come to Canada:
ME : I have Canadian PR I came here for ever.
VO : I am happy that you are here for ever can I see your documents.
I gave ours passports and COPR .He just looked the passports and returned and asked you have any tobacco or alcohol. We said no.
VO: How many cash you bring to Canada and what stuff.
ME: Aprox CAD**** and USD ****.
VO: Any guns or explosive we said no.
He gave me a yellow slip and said to go to immigration counter. Meanwhile my father and brother already crossed the border and waiting for us (they are US citizen no need visa for Canada)

At immigration counter one lady officer and one gens officer was there.
IO : Hi How can I help you?
Me : We are here for immigration process.
IO: You are just doing formalities or permanently moving to Canada.
Me : We are in Canada for ever.
I O :I am very happy that you came here for ever from US. Can I see your legal documents?
I gave him passports and COPR.
IO: I have to do some paper works It will take 10 minutes so all of you can have sit on bench in office and relax.
Me : Thank you.

We set on bench and just talked about weathers and all that’s after 8 minutes he asked me and my spouse sign COPR and put some information in computer and gave us a paper contained all information about How to collect PR card and asked Address in Alberta and contact number I gave him my friend’s address in CALGARY and cell no.

VO: congratulation now you are parts of our malty cultured society of Canada.
We : Thank you for your help.

He stapled one copy of COPR to ours passports and told to go for custom formalities.

At custom counter the officer looked our passports and Stapled COPR.
CO: you have any goods that you are importing to Canada.

I have ready list of goods and filled B4 forms and my cars title. He just looked the list and asked any good to follow list I said no. He filled a form for Canadian title and gave us and said we have to pay CAD 204 as vehicle inspection fees online and will have to registered it in Calgary and get new title plat we have 45 days for that. He did not take any picture of jewelry and said he don’t want any bank statement for USD what we will wire transferred after some time. He just stamped list and B4 and gave us a receipt of $000 import duty. And said you are ready to go. We thank him and again thank VO and left the office with smile on our face.

Next Day we went for SIN number at 4th Avenue Calgary and it took hardly 10 minutes. The lady officer was very nice she just asked how Chicago is? Her family gone visit to Chicago in July. We suggested some places to visit. We left the office within 10 minutes with printed SIN number and we will get SIN card within 15 to 20 days by mail.
Then we went to TD bank and open bank account and deposit CAD what we brought with us from US. It took about half hors. Than went for Health card on 52nd street. Submit our US licenses and certified driving record and paid CAD 169 for both of us. They give us Temporary license and said we will get original by mail within 15 to 20 days. Same desk clerk gave us a form for health card we filled it she took a copy of our COPR and We will get health card by mail within 20 days.
Now every thing is set up and we went home and slipped. We were tired and nothing to do for the day.

Next day we visited Banff national park Banff village, Lake Louise and Lake Moraine.
I am suggesting every one if you are not permanently moving to Canada but doing landing formalities though visit Banff and both lake. It is one of the best places I had visited in US, India or Europe so do not miss it. Now I am enjoying with my family. My brother and father left Canada and drove to Chicago today morning. I will keep updating about my job searching experience with you guys. If you have any question pls. let me know.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
JENNYSEC said:
Hi everybody finally I landed in CANADA on 13th June .It is very smooth experienced. I was nominated by AINP under us visa holder category so I decides to land by sweetgrass border Montana.

I drove from Chicago to Montana by us W94 it was around 1700 miles up to Calgary.
Very long and stressful drive. I permanently moved to Canada We had one SUV and one dodge van both full of luggage's. My spouse and I drove one of them and my father and brother drove other. We reached sweetgrass border on 13th June around 5 pm. I already faxed my cars title on 8th June to sweetgrass border so they stamped my car title “Vehicle exported” within 5 minutes and took out I-94 from I-794. I was set to go within 10 minutes.
Canada Border.

V O : What is the reason to come to Canada:
ME : I have Canadian PR I came here for ever.
VO : I am happy that you are here for ever can I see your documents.
I gave ours passports and COPR .He just looked the passports and returned and asked you have any tobacco or alcohol. We said no.
VO: How many cash you bring to Canada and what stuff.
ME: Aprox CAD**** and USD ****.
VO: Any guns or explosive we said no.
He gave me a yellow slip and said to go to immigration counter. Meanwhile my father and brother already crossed the border and waiting for us (they are US citizen no need visa for Canada)

At immigration counter one lady officer and one gens officer was there.
IO : Hi How can I help you?
Me : We are here for immigration process.
IO: You are just doing formalities or permanently moving to Canada.
Me : We are in Canada for ever.
I O :I am very happy that you came here for ever from US. Can I see your legal documents?
I gave him passports and COPR.
IO: I have to do some paper works It will take 10 minutes so all of you can have sit on bench in office and relax.
Me : Thank you.

We set on bench and just talked about weathers and all that's after 8 minutes he asked me and my spouse sign COPR and put some information in computer and gave us a paper contained all information about How to collect PR card and asked Address in Alberta and contact number I gave him my friend's address in CALGARY and cell no.

VO: congratulation now you are parts of our malty cultured society of Canada.
We : Thank you for your help.

He stapled one copy of COPR to ours passports and told to go for custom formalities.

At custom counter the officer looked our passports and Stapled COPR.
CO: you have any goods that you are importing to Canada.

I have ready list of goods and filled B4 forms and my cars title. He just looked the list and asked any good to follow list I said no. He filled a form for Canadian title and gave us and said we have to pay CAD 204 as vehicle inspection fees online and will have to registered it in Calgary and get new title plat we have 45 days for that. He did not take any picture of jewelry and said he don't want any bank statement for USD what we will wire transferred after some time. He just stamped list and B4 and gave us a receipt of $000 import duty. And said you are ready to go. We thank him and again thank VO and left the office with smile on our face.

Next Day we went for SIN number at 4th Avenue Calgary and it took hardly 10 minutes. The lady officer was very nice she just asked how Chicago is? Her family gone visit to Chicago in July. We suggested some places to visit. We left the office within 10 minutes with printed SIN number and we will get SIN card within 15 to 20 days by mail.
Then we went to TD bank and open bank account and deposit CAD what we brought with us from US. It took about half hors. Than went for Health card on 52nd street. Submit our US licenses and certified driving record and paid CAD 169 for both of us. They give us Temporary license and said we will get original by mail within 15 to 20 days. Same desk clerk gave us a form for health card we filled it she took a copy of our COPR and We will get health card by mail within 20 days.
Now every thing is set up and we went home and slipped. We were tired and nothing to do for the day.

Next day we visited Banff national park Banff village, Lake Louise and Lake Moraine.
I am suggesting every one if you are not permanently moving to Canada but doing landing formalities though visit Banff and both lake. It is one of the best places I had visited in US, India or Europe so do not miss it. Now I am enjoying with my family. My brother and father left Canada and drove to Chicago today morning. I will keep updating about my job searching experience with you guys. If you have any question pls. let me know.

Hi JENNYSEC,

That's great, hearty congratulations on your success. Please keep updating here with your experiences in Canada about your new life, job search and all.

May I know what's your background? I am also in AINP program as a Mechanical Engineer. Just sent my application to CIO on May 22.

Good luck for everything.

Thanks,
Sarayu

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
sarayu said:
Hi JENNYSEC,

That's great, hearty congratulations on your success. Please keep updating here with your experiences in Canada about your new life, job search and all.

May I know what's your background? I am also in AINP program as a Mechanical Engineer. Just sent my application to CIO on May 22.

Good luck for everything.

Thanks,

Thanks Sarayu
I am Chemical Eng. and wish you al the best/

royalHeart

Mar 20, 2009
Dear fellow members - I have couple of questions regarding landing formalities can someone help me with your suggestions.

I have till Aug 8th 2012 to land in Canada. I got AINP PNP approvals for Alberta and Canada Visa till Aug 8th.
I would like to fly to Toronto and complete landing and immigration formalities in the month of July. Once I complete I would like to come back to US.

My question is even though my approvals are for Alberta, can I fly to Toronto and complete the immigration formalities like PR and SIN and all others (if any other I missed please let me know). what are the risks in doing so please help me and ease my mind.

Thanks to all who have been helping others like me and thanks to all who has been posting their experiences and suggestions

AB#1!

Jun 25, 2012
royalHeart said:
Dear fellow members - I have couple of questions regarding landing formalities can someone help me with your suggestions.

I have till Aug 8th 2012 to land in Canada. I got AINP PNP approvals for Alberta and Canada Visa till Aug 8th.
I would like to fly to Toronto and complete landing and immigration formalities in the month of July. Once I complete I would like to come back to US.

My question is even though my approvals are for Alberta, can I fly to Toronto and complete the immigration formalities like PR and SIN and all others (if any other I missed please let me know). what are the risks in doing so please help me and ease my mind.

Thanks to all who have been helping others like me and thanks to all who has been posting their experiences and suggestions

Dude - Don't return to US. Try to start your struggle for settlement in Canada ASAP because it will take months to get settled. You will keep returning to US or elsewhere then you will never start anything in Canada so if you can't start anything then how can you finish that things ASAP?

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
Hi every one
Today I had been to CANADIAN TIRES for riv vehicle inspection. It is compulsory if your are importing any vehicle from out side CANADA. My car has Day time running light but it is according US standard when you put car in any gear than it starts but the man at Canadian Tires said it should be starts when you starts your car and I have to fixed it and cost me CAD 322 and I have to pay CAD 5 recycling fees for each of the tire.I feel it it tooooo much so think for second opinion and go to STAMPED HONDA (riv.org have some listed inspection places).This time inspector told your car must me equipped with day time running light it doesn’t matter When it starts and my car is ok as per Canadian standard and no recycling fees. He just stamp the forms and told me go for registration and they will give me safety inspection sheet and all car must passed some safety inspection. When ever I finished safety inspection than and than Alberta Gov. registered my car and get new plats.

In short if any one planning to import car from US. Pls. make sure your cad has Day Time Running light if not pls. makes it over there.Here every thing is very costly. And you have to asked appointment for even change Oil or fixed minor fault. Don't forget to change tires before entering Canada .Here tires cost is almost double.
AND AVOID CANADIAN TIRES they charge CAD 44.99 + tax for oil and filter change.

I just got phone for job interview. Interview scheduled at tomorrow 11 am.Keep my finger cross.I will share some more experience with you very soon.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
JENNYSEC said:
Hi every one
Today I had been to CANADIAN TIRES for riv vehicle inspection. It is compulsory if your are importing any vehicle from out side CANADA. My car has Day time running light but it is according US standard when you put car in any gear than it starts but the man at Canadian Tires said it should be starts when you starts your car and I have to fixed it and cost me CAD 322 and I have to pay CAD 5 recycling fees for each of the tire.I feel it it tooooo much so think for second opinion and go to STAMPED HONDA (riv.org have some listed inspection places).This time inspector told your car must me equipped with day time running light it doesn't matter When it starts and my car is ok as per Canadian standard and no recycling fees. He just stamp the forms and told me go for registration and they will give me safety inspection sheet and all car must passed some safety inspection. When ever I finished safety inspection than and than Alberta Gov. registered my car and get new plats.

In short if any one planning to import car from US. Pls. make sure your cad has Day Time Running light if not pls. makes it over there.Here every thing is very costly. And you have to asked appointment for even change Oil or fixed minor fault. Don't forget to change tires before entering Canada .Here tires cost is almost double.
AND AVOID CANADIAN TIRES they charge CAD 44.99 + tax for oil and filter change.

I just got phone for job interview. Interview scheduled at tomorrow 11 am.Keep my finger cross.I will share some more experience with you very soon.

Hi JENNYSEC,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Wish you good luck for your job interview.

Regards,
Sarayu.

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
My general observation
Alberta is very costly in all terms. Most of groceries price are 25 to 50 % higher than IL. And car insurance is more than double.
Infrastructure is not like as we had in US.I think these peoples are not using Oil revenue in proper way. Vast difference can be observed in all terms. You need to take an appointment for even driving test (Some time it will take month for road test), open bank account or even car inspection in short for almost every thing. I observed good public transportation is available for Calgary. Peoples are friendly and more multicultural you can see Asian every where. Driving sense is poor in compares of IL. Lot more trucks on road.

Lots of opportunities for manufacturing and oil ind. experienced peoples. Government is supporting immigration and running many programmers for new immigrant. If you are willing to work it is not hard to find survival job like cashier or clerk at gas station. My friend start his job as cashier at Tim Morton coffee store (like Dunkin in USA) though he is Elec. Eng. And had five years US experience now he has very good job.

About my interview

It was multistage interview took almost a full day. And will call on Monday for more formalities. I read in this forum Canadian is more conscious for Canadian experience and Canadian qualification that’s true but in my case my US and even Indian experience considered. I will let you know what will happen in next stage.

In short if you are planning to permanently relocate take your decision carefully. I am not disappointed or impressed by Alberta .Over all it is mixed experience.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
JENNYSEC said:
My general observation
Alberta is very costly in all terms. Most of groceries price are 25 to 50 % higher than IL. And car insurance is more than double.
Infrastructure is not like as we had in US.I think these peoples are not using Oil revenue in proper way. Vast difference can be observed in all terms. You need to take an appointment for even driving test (Some time it will take month for road test), open bank account or even car inspection in short for almost every thing. I observed good public transportation is available for Calgary. Peoples are friendly and more multicultural you can see Asian every where. Driving sense is poor in compares of IL. Lot more trucks on road.

Lots of opportunities for manufacturing and oil ind. experienced peoples. Government is supporting immigration and running many programmers for new immigrant. If you are willing to work it is not hard to find survival job like cashier or clerk at gas station. My friend start his job as cashier at Tim Morton coffee store (like Dunkin in USA) though he is Elec. Eng. And had five years US experience now he has very good job.

About my interview

It was multistage interview took almost a full day. And will call on Monday for more formalities. I read in this forum Canadian is more conscious for Canadian experience and Canadian qualification that's true but in my case my US and even Indian experience considered. I will let you know what will happen in next stage.

In short if you are planning to permanently relocate take your decision carefully. I am not disappointed or impressed by Alberta .Over all it is mixed experience.
Hi JENNYSEC,

Thanks a lot for sharing your observation during your initial stay in Canada. Wish you all good luck for your job.

Thanks,
Sarayu