+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP-Got a Job Offer

winter876

Feb 25, 2009
Hello all,

I applied for AINP in March, and got a job offer recently from Calgary, they asked me to start in Feb 2010, and my H1-b here in US will expire in 6/2011.
Now I'm a little struggling to take this offer or not, the bottom line is say bye to US and start a new life in Canada, or try to stay in US trying any possible chance. I heard some negative things in Canada, and not sure if I would regret or not in the future.
Hope you understand, and any advice will be appreciate.

Knowledge39

Sep 27, 2007
I understand what your concerns are but really depends on what bad stuff you have heard about Canada and also if you really want to leave US eventually or not. I am not aware of any country that does not have some good and some bad points about it....its a personal choice

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
winter876 said:
Hello all,

I applied for AINP in March, and got a job offer recently from Calgary, they asked me to start in Feb 2010, and my H1-b here in US will expire in 6/2011.
Now I'm a little struggling to take this offer or not, the bottom line is say bye to US and start a new life in Canada, or try to stay in US trying any possible chance. I heard some negative things in Canada, and not sure if I would regret or not in the future.
Hope you understand, and any advice will be appreciate.
This is very personal, but in your position I'd take the job offer. I know how hard is to restart a new life in a new country, but you are giving the chance to be a permanent resident with many rights that you don't have as a H1b holder. Canada is a great place to live, just like the USA, and like any place in the world there are challenges and maybe hard times. I have 3 more years in my H1b and an approved GC petition thru family. I also could have gotten a GC thru my employer, but my first option is Canada and this was a decision I made with my family and it took some deliberation. Chances are if you miss this opportunity now you'll hardly find another one like this. Just think about all the options you have now before you make your decision. Unless you don't want to give up your US life for nothing else and have something more than a hope to stay in the US I'd suggest you to go with the Canadian option. You are now in a much better position than many other members on this forum, so think well before any decision. But again, this is very personal.

Good luck!

talk2host2005

Apr 19, 2010
I applied AINP under US visa category. I got letter saying my file is closed and it can be re-open if I am able to provide job offer letter from Alberta employer.

I am in the 2nd round of interview from Calgary based employer and am +ive to get offer soon.

Now my question is tht what all do they check/verify with the employer?

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi talk:

Congratulations and good luck on the interview!

From my experience, AINP will likely ask for an offer letter and the contact information for an HR representative who can confirm the offer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

talk2host2005 said:
I applied AINP under US visa category. I got letter saying my file is closed and it can be re-open if I am able to provide job offer letter from Alberta employer.

I am in the 2nd round of interview from Calgary based employer and am +ive to get offer soon.

Now my question is tht what all do they check/verify with the employer?

talk2host2005

Apr 19, 2010
I applied many places where ever I found any IT related jobs.

All of sudden I gt interview call one day. still waiting for final review.

I come across that company has to file LMO to hire foreign worker.

Does it require in AINP h1b srs case as well ?

thx

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
It would be helpful if you can give us some info about yourself, Did you already applied to AINP or not? Are you in USA? did you file CIC? Is the job offer in Alberta?

BTW LMO takes around 3-4 months

talk2host2005 said:
I applied many places where ever I found any IT related jobs.

All of sudden I gt interview call one day. still waiting for final review.

I come across that company has to file LMO to hire foreign worker.

Does it require in AINP h1b srs case as well ?

thx

talk2host2005

Apr 19, 2010
I am in USA. I applied 8 months ago in AINP US visa stream.

I got file no and now i need job offer letter to re-open my file.

I am just wondering if LMO is required by alberta employer first before they do hire any foreign worker?

or LMO is required only when we go through work visa process ?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
If you get a job offer and you applied for AINP then most probably Alberta will fast track your nomination so your future employer won't have to apply for LMO. Usually LMO is the first step after you get your job offer but if Albert fast track your nomination then you don't need it.
Once nominated then Alberta will issue a letter explaining that your LMO is waved due to you are AINP nominated.
If you don't need visa to enter to Canada then your work permit can be requested at the port of entry to Canada, otherwise you'll need to ask for visa/work permit at the consulate. This step should not take longer if you do requested in person at the consulate.

talk2host2005 said:
I am in USA. I applied 8 months ago in AINP US visa stream.

I got file no and now i need job offer letter to re-open my file.

I am just wondering if LMO is required by alberta employer first before they do hire any foreign worker?

or LMO is required only when we go through work visa process ?

talk2host2005

Apr 19, 2010
I fax my job offer letter and job description on May 14. Is there any time frame when I will receive any update or nomination letter from Alberta ?

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Did you hear back from them yet?

If yes, then after getting the documents from AINP...have you already or are you applying for Work Permit?

talk2host2005 said:
I fax my job offer letter and job description on May 14. Is there any time frame when I will receive any update or nomination letter from Alberta ?

talk2host2005

Apr 19, 2010
Its been more than a month and I didn't hear anything. I am working on h1b visa status in TX USA and it is going to expire Sep 2010.

i just want to know the timeframe they will take to process alberta PR file for those who has job offer from alberta base employer ?

I heard it is priority processing. what is this mean?