neochan

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
California
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmevenus said:
Hi Neochan,

From your experienced,if applicant received a file number, does it mean application is approved?
Anyone can share their experienced?
Thanks
Hi, once an applicant receives a file number, it means that the application has been received and will be processed. It does not mean that it will be approved.

Last December 2012, I applied for AINP Skilled - Employer driven, I received a file number after 2 weeks.... a decision has been made after 3 months and it was declined... haha

Nerozdilna

Jun 23, 2013
Yikes1122 said:
Now, in my case i have submitted mine last Oct. 24, 2013 and received the file number on the 31st of October. Im on my 3rd week of waiting and i am worried about the decision.

Thank you!
Hi, Yikes1122,
we are very close with our timelines. I dropped off my application on 28th of October, got a file number in one week (4th of November). Yet, no other info from them. I assume, the volume of applications went up (compared to that in September or August) and they are busier now. Therefore, we just have to wait a bit longer.

Yikes1122

Nov 20, 2013
Nerozdilna said:
Hi, Yikes1122,
we are very close with our timelines. I dropped off my application on 28th of October, got a file number in one week (4th of November). Yet, no other info from them. I assume, the volume of applications went up (compared to that in September or August) and they are busier now. Therefore, we just have to wait a bit longer.
Hello Nerozdilna, please update me about your application. How long have you been in a skilled position when you applied under AINP-AWE? Thank you.

Nerozdilna

Jun 23, 2013
Yikes1122 said:
Hello Nerozdilna, please update me about your application. How long have you been in a skilled position when you applied under AINP-AWE? Thank you.
Ok, I will...

My current NOC is 1253 (B level), it is since last month. Previously, I had slightly different duties on my job, and have been a kind of on the margin - between C (NOC 1413) and B (NOC 1253). If you are skilled AT THE TIME YOU APPLY, they count ANY of your experience, whether skilled or lower. And you will need to prove 1 year of experience out of previous 2 years.

He is their FAQ page:
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-srs-frequently-asked-questions.aspx#alberta-work-experience

Yikes1122

Nov 20, 2013
Hi Neochan! You have mentioned before that you applied under Employer Driven-Skilled for the AINP however you were declined last December 2012. Would you mind sharing the reason why they have refused your application before? I am quite worried with my papers now... On the ainp site it says there that the whole processing would take a month only and mine is a month already... :(

Thanks!

Yikes1122

Nov 20, 2013
neochan said:
Hi, once an applicant receives a file number, it means that the application has been received and will be processed. It does not mean that it will be approved.

Last December 2012, I applied for AINP Skilled - Employer driven, I received a file number after 2 weeks.... a decision has been made after 3 months and it was declined... haha

charmevenus

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
In Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Submiited with application
neochan said:

Hello Neochan,
Thanks for the reply.
Please share if you can on your declined prior application.Is that a normal timeline for AINP Skilled -Employer driven from that time ... takes 3 months?

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013 send, received by AINP 11-11-2013
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
in process: August 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
charmevenus said:
Hello Neochan,
Thanks for the reply.
Please share if you can on your declined prior application.Is that a normal timeline for AINP Skilled -Employer driven from that time ... takes 3 months?
As per AINP website, processing time for AINP employer-driven category takes 4 months, you and your employer are applying at the same time.
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-processing-times.aspx
One downside in this category is if the employer has bad record in recruiting foreign workers, it might affect the candidate's application.

Yikes1122

Nov 20, 2013
Nerozdilna said:
Hi, Yikes1122,
I just got my nomination on mail today. For sure yours will be soon. :)
It took me a month for the whole process :) GOODLUCK TO US!

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yikes1122 said:
wow Congratulation

Nerozdilna

Jun 23, 2013
Yikes1122 said:
Congratulations, Yikes1122!!!
All the best to you with CIC.

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013 send, received by AINP 11-11-2013
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
in process: August 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
Yikes1122 said:
That's awesome! All the best! :)

Juiceycow

Nov 26, 2013
Yikes1122 said:
Congrats Yikes1122 :)

I'm still waiting on mine, the receipt of application was dated Oct 31, 2013 :(

So just confirming that the certificate is delivered via snail mail only? (that way I can stop stressing over checking my email constantly)

Yikes1122

Nov 20, 2013
Juiceycow said:
Congrats Yikes1122 :)

I'm still waiting on mine, the receipt of application was dated Oct 31, 2013 :(

So just confirming that the certificate is delivered via snail mail only? (that way I can stop stressing over checking my email constantly)
Hi Juiceycow!

Yes you will get your certificate through mail (snail mail) no confirmation email from the ainp.

For sure yours is soon :)