+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP ALBERTA

rhino2008

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
HI guys,
I am so glad i found this site at last.
can someone help me in telling me how long will i still wait for my AINP certificate which my boss nominated me for. i applied it on July 23 2008 and got my file number on 4th August. they told me i should expect to wait 100 to 150 days. its almost 150 days now and still havent got my certificate. whats going on?? i mean i see people here saying they have been approved after like two months. like i have been to Canada for like eight years?? on the 23rd of this month it will be 150 days in waiting. exactly 5 months. should i wait or give them a call but tehn if you call them, they say it will prolong the process. and one more thing, when you get that certificate is it send to my boss or me?? and how long will it take CIC t issue me the residency?? how long does medical or police certificate takes?/ i mean lest put it this way, suppose i submit my cic stuff next week if i was approved tomorow, when do i expect my residency??

You guys are doing a great job discussing.
Cheers.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of my coworkers said he applied in August and he just got his. His roommate applied 2 weeks later and got his certificate earlier. It was mailed to them, not the employer. I asked the AINP once how long does it take to get PR through them and they said from start to finish 6 to 15 months.

rhino2008

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
Hey Leon,
Thankx a lot for ya reply. so in your own opinion should i call em tommorow or what???? its kinda freaking me out. how come some people take longer than others.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, why not try to call them. I don't know why some people take longer. My coworker said about his roomie that they must have looked at his photo and thought he had enough problems in life already but who knows. There's no reason why one should take longer than the other. They come from the same country, live in the same house, similar age, same occupation, same employer.

Norquay205

Dec 5, 2008
hey rhino i think the processing time varies depending on your country of origin.. your application is being processed on your home country

rhino2008

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
Thankx guys.
Norquay 205, actually my stuff are being processed in edmonton as we speak. they spoke to my boss three weeks ago about some missing documents of which we supplied same day. i have the feelings maybe my stuff could be in the next few days.

edapol2007

Dec 31, 2008
We applied thru' a lawyer on August 8, 2008 (date application was received by AINP).A followup letter was sent by the lawyer on Dec. 18 but no update yet. Im too anxious to know the status of my application. Is anybody here who filed their application later than ours that got a nomination. Thanks a lot.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Hi Can you shed some light here? Why would they call and speak to your boss? I don't recollect having given AINP my office phone/boss contact nor given them any written permission to contact boss. Is this implied anywhere and how will they get to know who the boss is?

rhino2008 said:
Thankx guys.
Norquay 205, actually my stuff are being processed in edmonton as we speak. they spoke to my boss three weeks ago about some missing documents of which we supplied same day. i have the feelings maybe my stuff could be in the next few days.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Manny said:
Hi Can you shed some light here? Why would they call and speak to your boss? I don't recollect having given AINP my office phone/boss contact nor given them any written permission to contact boss. Is this implied anywhere and how will they get to know who the boss is?

rhino2008 said:
Thankx guys.
You might want to read the declaration on the Employer driven application http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/IA-PNP_abpnp005.pdf

ferdiii

Jan 5, 2009
What is this boss thing? Can't someone apply without telling his Boss? I live in Nigeria and I would like to go to Canada. The whole process is tiring. I wish I have money to get an attorney. Right now am confused. I would like to leave Nigeria in two years time which gets me closer to PNP. I prefer PNP to FSW for now! But I don't have a job already in any province in Canada. How do I get a job offer in Alberta, BC or Saskatchewan? So that I can file to CIC.I network Computers and oversee the Internet Management in my workplace here in Nigeria. The pay is too low, corruption is too much and I want to see the outside world just like Eddy Murphy did in Coming to America. But here, I prefer Canada and I love that country so much.

blueangel18

Jan 13, 2009
hello pipz...

good day!!!

im just wondering why its takes so long for my fiance to get his file number, he processed his papers thru a lawyer last october 2008 and up to know he didnt receive any file number yet. where will the government send the file number? to us or to the lawyer? how will we know if our lawyer is just bluffing on us? can we phone the immigration and check if his name has been processed? pls help us. we paid lots already and we're running out of money and time...thnks

mitzi

Oct 7, 2008
Hello rhino2008,

I am just super curious..did you say you have you been in Canada for 8 years now? and that you recently applied to PNP? If yes, what was your visa? I am in the US under the H1-B visa and its not surprising here to wait more than 5 years to get a green card. But in Canada..esp if your papers are being processed there, I am just surprised to hear this long wait. I maybe wrong tho..so pls enlighten me when u get the chance.

thanks and I wish you goodluck like everyone else in this forum! I am anxiously waiting for my AB nomination at this point :)

rhino2008

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
Hey Mitzi,
Sorry i was away for a while. guess what i just got approved. i am so happy about it. certificate was approved on Jan 13. its at my house as i write this. after such along tiring wait, its finally here. guys anything is possible. do not panic and do not hope for the worse. always hope for the best. if i did u too can. this thing is possible. trust me. am at work right now but will be so available later 2nite to offer any advise to those that needs it.
Cheers folks.

C

cchabert

Ok guys, the waiting is over I GOT MY NOMINATION!!!...WWWoooooHHHoooo....

My file number is 37x and my NOC is 1111

Here is my timeline :

Pre-Assessment Application Sent - Oct 2, 2008
Email Confirmation Received - Oct 6, 2008
APINP Invitation Pkg Received - Nov 7, 2008
Sent APINP Application - Nov 17, 2008
Tracked thr FedEx online (Delivered) - Nov 18, 2008
Received File Number - Nov 25, 2008
They ask for support document - Jan 8 2009
Date of the nomination letter - Jan 12 2009
Date of the postage - Jan 19 2009
Arrive at home - Jan 24 2009