+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Age can cause Refusal Plz help

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi Boujasim,
In my case, my husband came over here in Canada and lived together for two months after marriage. Then we submitted the file.
Apart from necessary forms, I had an extra things like,
1. Hundreds of photos, for before marriage, marriage, honeymoon, after marriage in which we are together with family and friends at different well-known places, having dinner together with friends (including canadian friends).
2. Copy of our inbox showing our contact before marriage and after marriage
3. Phone-bills (I used startec and printed the call-history which was worth more than 1000$)
4. We lived in my flat and took co-tenanacy letter from the owner
5. Marriage invitation card
6. Receipt of marriage-hall
7. Tickets for Honeymoon, receipt of hotelbill
8. Statement of bank-account together (we opened one account so that my hubby can use debit/credit card anytime in case I am not with him, but it was really useful to show that as evidence)

Above all, some people take support-letter from their family/friends who write about the genuineship of their relationship.
Hope this helps,

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Further to Tina's list, you can also add the boarding pass if your partner has come to visit you or vice versa.

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Yes, as RPM says, we also attached my husband's passport zerox, boarding passes and medical insurance(which he took for the visit), the passport zerox and boarding passes are on of the requirements by CIC if one partner has travelled to meet another.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
well 1st of all the application is already sent and its at the embassy now.

we didnt have a wedding so no wedding fotos,invetation cards or anything from this sort
,both of us live in lebanon she just recently moved to canada(less than a year),she got the canadian nationality a couple of years ago coz her grandfather was born in canada,but she was born and raised in leb,so we didnt visit each other or anything so no airline tickets.,plus we didnt live 2gether before we got married coz it is not allowed in our society,and when we got married she went to canada the very next day.

iam coming to think my case is harder than i tought!

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hey boujasim,
Don't worry. In case, if they ask for more documents/interview, then be ready for that. They will not directly refuse your application that"Ohh, you have not provided enough documents". They might call you guys for interview, and if they will get satisfied with your answers, then everything will be fine. So, don't worry.
My Wishes.

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
TinaP your husband did great job and your story give us a bit satisfaction the proofs i have given are satisfactory to show our long relationship but we didn't open joint bank account we can open now when she will come Pakistan if they refuse but i pray they don't refuse at first place.

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi smart saqib,
In my case, I am sponsor in Canada and my husband is in India. And "DECISION MADE" is done in his e-case after submission of the passport, and hoepfully we should receive the passport back with visa in 3-4 days.
My best wishes.

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
Yes TinaP you are lucky i am happy for you that you dont have to face problems that might have to face now a days i am in very tension where to take my wife while her life is not safe in pakistan i had decided to take her bahrain but i am not sure pray for me that Allah help me and my best wishes are with you for new life with your husband.

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi Smart_saqib,
Yes, I will pray to God and he willhelp you in meeting with your wife.

My husband got the visa today. About our case, I was 3 years older than him and bit more educated.

Saqib, you will have to prove your case with too much of effort. About CIC, it they believe that the relationship is genuine and not for the entry to Canada, then they don't have problem in giving the visa.
So gather documentry proofs as much as you can and then try.
My best wishes,

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Thank you very much MED.
People like you are really helpful for newbies like us to give us guidance and support.
It was very nice of you guys.
Good Day!
Tina Patel

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
congratulations Tinap i am feel how much happiness you and your husband would be feeling Hurray! wish you all the best for new life...

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
Thanks TinaP

Yes if relationship is true then there is no problem to get visa same time there are no worries if relationship is true when a person is honest he doesn't have any kind of fear Allah make whole wide world if we can not live in Canada there are more destinations in the world we can live there every country will be Canada for us i wish you all the best in your future with your husband our prays are with you.

Peppers

Jan 5, 2009
Hi Boujasim,

My kids were sick, I just saw your message. Well, lucky he is:)
We did not give lots of lots of evidences. Only photos taken in our home country with our friends, and photos in the house showing that we live together, marriage certificate and marriage photos - onşy with 2 witnesses. And a summary of our love story! How we met, when and how he proposed etc. Our families were in our home country and we explained why they have not attended the wedding- we told them that we will do the wedding in our home country as they are old . But everything we told was %100 true....and we have 2 kids now!