+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After Landing If We Did'nt Get Any Job In Canada (Which Ways To Survive)

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
1. Come what may, however well settled me may get in life, however nice the going would be going as an expatriate -- always hold on to you "roots". Nourish them, take pride in them, remember them... & have a back-up plan (the 'spare-tire') with your 'roots". I'd never sever my ties with my homeland -- though I'm as patriotic about Canada... this is my home too. Thus, keep that property safe at your homeland & some savings too, if u can.

2. Bring as much monies here, for ease of settlement, but after deducting the back-up funds, again, if u can. That's the "ideal plan" -- but if u can't, not a problem - the full amount it is then, as per the CIC table. Remember Leon's advise couple of posts earlier... a wise thing for a newcomer is to always 'minimise your costs" -- keep low for sometime & then one maybe able to survive well with a starter job too.

Qorax
Right :)

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
This is such a great thread and inspiring for us to read master's posts too :) Qorax we owe you a lot :) more than a coffee when we land in Canada :)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Great Work done this thread by Qorax.

Thanks

humanist

Jun 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2009
Doc's Request.
11-06-2009
Med's Request
21-04-2010
Med's Done....
14-05-2010
Passport Req..
10-12-2010
This thread really made me feel better, thanks! ;D

I bet every would be immigrant feels the same way if they haven't got secured employment. Even myself, an Englishman who worked in Canada for 2 years and will be living with his Canadian girlfriend (who has just got a good job herself) is worried!

This forum is such a great resource.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
qorax said:
@ Staralihaider

Dear Buddy,

Always think positive... Why would u come-up to that situation? Why do u think that after 'landing' u wouldn't find any job?

Let me assure u that contrary to whatever some members opine on this forum, there's no dearth of work here. Jobs r galore... yes, no one says that the going would be easy in the abinitio period - u may not find a work to your utmost liking, for sometime, but u'd definitely have a job - one which would put the meals on your table (as Leon puts it).

It'd not be rosy in the start - but at the same time it'd not be dark till eternity as well. I have plenty of friends/peers/relatives here - none of them have been w/out a job from 2-3 months of landing... Some since 10-12 yrs now have been consistently employed, even during the recession (which anyway didn't affect Canada much).

EXAMPLES:
Just for record... From our own Toronto-FriendsCircle Group... Let me provide u some real-time examples... Ppl who have landed this year... Many of them r members of this forum, while some from Trackitt; & a few others off-the-forums (I'll post their IDs wherever applicable):

Anushauc-1 (husband) [CanadaVisa]
IT professional. Currently employed in the same field, with a reputed Wireless provider in Brampton. Employed within 1.5 months of landing.

Anushauc-2 (wife) [CanadaVisa]
Banking professional. Currently employed in the same field, with a reputed Bank in Toronto (special mention -- next to her house !!!). Employed within 2 months of her landing. Note: She fetched 2 jobs & selected this one, for obvious reasons.

S. Kumar (in CanadaVisa, ID unknown)
Accounts & Finance professional. Currently employed as Sr. Manager Finance (!), with a famed company in Mississauga (special mention -- fetched the job within 1.5 week of landing !).

Adacol-1 (husband) [Trackitt]
Petroleum Engr. Fetched work as Technical Officer in a Mississauga factory within 3 months of landing. Currently not working, not 'coz of the company, but for minding his infant baby, as the wife continues to work.

Adacol-2 (wife) [Trackitt]
Elect. Engr. Currently employed in a fab company, in their HO at Mississauga. (Special mention -- Fantastic pay !). Got the offer within 2.5 months of landing. Didn't leave the job 'coz of the salary, while the hubby minds the baby (perfect planning).

Krishan (Trackitt)
Accounts & Finance professional. Currently pursuing a CRA course, with a large Tax Consultancy firm, with a job assurity (location: 15 mins from his home). Trg completes in Dec-2010, job commences in Jan-2011 (Special mention -- he scored 98% in the final exam, presently software trg is going-on). He fetched this work in 4 months of landing - no, not because of any struggle - he was choosing the right opening.

HMISABPK [CanadaVisa]
Clinical Technologist. Fetched work within 2 months of landing, a starter job in Downtown Toronto (close to his home), but continuing his licensing studies... Chose the survival job 'coz of being in shifts, for further studies.

Rupunm-1[husband] (Trackitt)
IT professional (ex-IIT Bombay). Currently employed as Head-of-the-IT Dept. in a huge Edn Institution in Toronto. Fetched the job within 48 hrs. (beat that !)

Rupunm-2[wife] (Trackitt)
Currently pursuing DBA from UofT. And, again beat that!, working in the same univ. Part-Time, in their Registration Dept. Location: 15 mins from home.

Explorer101 [CanadaVisa]
Accounts & Finance professional. Fetched a position with a Bank within 2-3 months of landing. Didn't take the job, as it entailed relocating to another city. Currently, most likely to be employed in another Bank, closer to his home.

Qorax
Took a course with Humber College, on Immigr & Border Security, as part of my application with CBSA. Course & Selection process completed, took 5 months (the process was such), Day before - received their offer letter to become a CBSA Officer. Joining date, post Trg: 12/1/2011. (I might not join, 'coz I've opened my own office too meanwhile - an extension of my Dubai business). This is my "spare tire", as someone beautifully described in the other thread.

SKM (not in forums)
College Professor. Joined a reputed Pvt. College in Brampton, as a Temp. Lecturer. Fetched the position within 3 months of landing.

AKS (not in forums)
Mech. Engr. Currently under trg & selection for becoming a Cop with Peel Police. Working as a Security Officer at Brampton (his home location) temporarily. He's 6'2" tall bodybuilder (becoming a Cop is his passion).

CharlotteJ (CanadaVisa)
Employed within 2 months of landing.

Trinatocanada (CanadaVisa)
Employed within 2-3 months of landing (if I remember correctly from her posts).

The foregoing is my attempt to mitigate everyone's doubts about the job situation here. It's not difficult to fetch one - provided we have the right mindset. Ability, for sure, each one of us have, that's why we r into this foray, aren't we?

The examples would prove that I'm not talking bull, or am being too optimistic, as few had opined earlier, on some other threads.

Moreover, Immigration to Canada is not for making money, for which the Middle East (Dubai specifically) would be a better option, we r here for enhancing our living - our lifestyle, more so - for our family, our kids... their future is secured here, much better than our homelands (probably) - that's why we originally thought about immigrating, didn't we? We need to keep that focussed. Jobs or a business, we'd anyway do, once we r here. No one goes hungry in Canada ! But, a good-living is guaranteed ! No wonder Canada is consistently voted to be the best place to live & raise a family !

Remember: Perseverance pays !

Qorax
________________________________________________________________________________

REFERENCE:
BEAUTIFUL!, I am honestly impressed with your motivation, many thanks.
I think we should begin to showcase and celebrate these success stories.

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
After landing you should be looking for any available job. You may or may not get the job fitting to yours right away. Also, employers will give preference to people with Canadian experience, but in the mean time if your are still unemployed try volunteering that is what I am doing, so that I can build network.
Good luck.

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
qorax said:
Qorax
Took a course with Humber College, on Immigr & Border Security, as part of my application with CBSA. Course & Selection process completed, took 5 months (the process was such), Day before - received their offer letter to become a CBSA Officer. Joining date, post Trg: 12/1/2011. (I might not join, 'coz I've opened my own office too meanwhile - an extension of my Dubai business). This is my "spare tire", as someone beautifully described in the other thread.
Dear Qorax,
Let me take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for the effort and the time you are making to help us. I have been reading this forum& others for over six months now(sorry for being such a passive member). At some points I though that you are the owner of canadavisa until I read your attempt to leave, then I though that you are a government agent whose job is to promote canadian immigration ( there is nothing wrong with this). This post makes me believe in your quote of " Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together -that overwhelm the world !" Be assured that you are overwhelming us !
Not knowing what your "spare tire" is I would strongly suggest you take this position of CBSA officer as I do believe that you have the knowledge and more importantly you have the passion: I am sure you will be happy and continue to bring happiness to many lives doing it.
Whatever you decide may God bless you and your family !
Sincerely,
Amissa

jacob333

Aug 2, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th november 2009
Doc's Request.
new delhi 6/05 2010
AOR Received.
16/05 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 submitted
File Transfer...
20/01 2010
Med's Request
1st october 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st october
VISA ISSUED...
29th november
qorax said:
Absolutely fantastically, practically put by Sr. Leon.
hi qorax can u provide me with e mail of the person whose details u hav mentioned below. it will be a great help from u brother......

AKS (not in forums)
Mech. Engr. Currently under trg & selection for becoming a Cop with Peel Police. Working as a Security Officer at Brampton (his home location) temporarily. He's 6'2" tall bodybuilder (becoming a Cop is his passion).

regards
jacob333

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jacob333 said:
hi qorax can u provide me with e mail of the person whose details u hav mentioned below. it will be a great help from u brother......

AKS (not in forums)

regards
jacob333
Hi, I'm writing to u separately in our google-group on this matter.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
amissa said:
Dear Qorax,
Let me take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for the effort and the time you are making to help us. I have been reading this forum& others for over six months now(sorry for being such a passive member). At some points I though that you are the owner of canadavisa until I read your attempt to leave, then I though that you are a government agent whose job is to promote canadian immigration ( there is nothing wrong with this). This post makes me believe in your quote of " Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together -that overwhelm the world !" Be assured that you are overwhelming us !
Not knowing what your "spare tire" is I would strongly suggest you take this position of CBSA officer as I do believe that you have the knowledge and more importantly you have the passion: I am sure you will be happy and continue to bring happiness to many lives doing it.
Whatever you decide may God bless you and your family !
Sincerely,
Amissa
Thanks Buddy... Appreciated!

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kemeshia said:
After landing you should be looking for any available job. You may or may not get the job fitting to yours right away. Also, employers will give preference to people with Canadian experience, but in the mean time if your are still unemployed try volunteering that is what I am doing, so that I can build network.
Good luck.
Good :)

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
kemeshia said:
Good luck.
Dear Friend,

Kindly help me to understand how to seek for volunteer jobs which you mentioned. What all options that we can have to get such opportunites. I feel its indeed a good option to get started n get experience.

Pls advice.
Cheers!!!

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deeaar said:
Dear Friend,

Kindly help me to understand how to seek for volunteer jobs which you mentioned. What all options that we can have to get such opportunites. I feel its indeed a good option to get started n get experience.

Pls advice.
Cheers!!!
:)

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
After reading your post, i felt as if i already have secured job in Canada. I am also almost done with everything waiting for PPR. Searching everyday on search engines and was about to upload my CV on monster.ca. I'll still be doing that over the weekend but am much more relaxed now that if i get a got assurity before landing, that's plus, if not than atleast i can still strive for it while in Canada. You as always have amazingly describe the situation by giving live examples. Deserve 10 for that but can give only 1 this time.