+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After Landing If We Did'nt Get Any Job In Canada (Which Ways To Survive)

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After Landing If We Did'nt Get Any Job In Canada (Which Ways To Survive).For those who are newly immigrant.

Which work we can start at first.(Best solution)

Which facilities and benefits we can gain at first.

Give your opinions.

All of your share and discuss.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a skilled worker, you will be bringing funds you can survive on for the first few months. It would be advisable to keep your living expenses to a minimum until you find a job because you don't know how long it will take. That is, do not get a lavish apartment, buy expensive furniture and a nice car with your funds and then realize you must find work right now because you have no money left.

If you haven't gotten a job in a couple of months, it would be advisable to look for any kind of survival job that can bring food on the table for the short term. You can still look for a better job while working there.

AZBUTT

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2009
Doc's Request.
28-05-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
18-10-10
Med's Done....
30-10-10 ( sent on 5th NOV 2010 with RPRF)
Passport Req..
Step1 on 11-06-2011 Step 2 on 15-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2011
LANDED..........
October 2011
Leon said:
As a skilled worker, you will be bringing funds you can survive on for the first few months. It would be advisable to keep your living expenses to a minimum until you find a job because you don't know how long it will take. That is, do not get a lavish apartment, buy expensive furniture and a nice car with your funds and then realize you must find work right now because you have no money left.

If you haven't gotten a job in a couple of months, it would be advisable to look for any kind of survival job that can bring food on the table for the short term. You can still look for a better job while working there.
But What if your Funds finished and still you donot get a survival job? If any kind of Social security is available to permanant residents?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is very minimal social security in Canada. For a single person, the amount of welfare you can get was $500 a month last time I heard. With children, you should be able to get a bit more but I can not tell you any numbers.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@Staralihaider

Dear Buddy,

Always think positive... Why would u come-up to that situation? Why do u think that after 'landing' u wouldn't find any job?

Let me assure u that contrary to whatever some members opine on this forum, there's no dearth of work here. Jobs r galore... yes, no one says that the going would be easy in the abinitio period - u may not find a work to your utmost liking, for sometime, but u'd definitely have a job - one which would put the meals on your table (as Leon puts it).

It'd not be rosy in the start - but at the same time it'd not be dark till eternity as well. I have plenty of friends/peers/relatives here - none of them have been w/out a job from 2-3 months of landing... Some since 10-12 yrs now have been consistently employed, even during the recession (which anyway didn't affect Canada much).

EXAMPLES:
Just for record... From our own Toronto-FriendsCircle Group... Let me provide u some real-time examples... Ppl who have landed this year... Many of them r members of this forum, while some from Trackitt; & a few others off-the-forums (I'll post their IDs wherever applicable):

Anushauc-1 (husband) [CanadaVisa]
IT professional. Currently employed in the same field, with a reputed Wireless provider in Brampton. Employed within 1.5 months of landing.

Anushauc-2 (wife) [CanadaVisa]
Banking professional. Currently employed in the same field, with a reputed Bank in Toronto (special mention -- next to her house !!!). Employed within 2 months of her landing. Note: She fetched 2 jobs & selected this one, for obvious reasons.

S. Kumar (in CanadaVisa, ID unknown)
Accounts & Finance professional. Currently employed as Sr. Manager Finance (!), with a famed company in Mississauga (special mention -- fetched the job within 1.5 week of landing !).

Adacol-1 (husband) [Trackitt]
Petroleum Engr. Fetched work as Technical Officer in a Mississauga factory within 3 months of landing. Currently not working, not 'coz of the company, but for minding his infant baby, as the wife continues to work.

Adacol-2 (wife) [Trackitt]
Elect. Engr. Currently employed in a fab company, in their HO at Mississauga. (Special mention -- Fantastic pay !). Got the offer within 2.5 months of landing. Didn't leave the job 'coz of the salary, while the hubby minds the baby (perfect planning).

Krishan (Trackitt)
Accounts & Finance professional. Currently pursuing a CRA course, with a large Tax Consultancy firm, with a job assurity (location: 15 mins from his home). Trg completes in Dec-2010, job commences in Jan-2011 (Special mention -- he scored 98% in the final exam, presently software trg is going-on). He fetched this work in 4 months of landing - no, not because of any struggle - he was choosing the right opening.

HMISABPK [CanadaVisa]
Clinical Technologist. Fetched work within 2 months of landing, a starter job in Downtown Toronto (close to his home), but continuing his licensing studies... Chose the survival job 'coz of being in shifts, for further studies.

Rupunm-1[husband] (Trackitt)
IT professional (ex-IIT Bombay). Currently employed as Head-of-the-IT Dept. in a huge Edn Institution in Toronto. Fetched the job within 48 hrs. (beat that !)

Rupunm-2[wife] (Trackitt)
Currently pursuing DBA from UofT. And, again beat that!, working in the same univ. Part-Time, in their Registration Dept. Location: 15 mins from home.

Explorer101 [CanadaVisa]
Accounts & Finance professional. Fetched a position with a Bank within 2-3 months of landing. Didn't take the job, as it entailed relocating to another city. Currently, most likely to be employed in another Bank, closer to his home.

Qorax
Took a course with Humber College, on Immigr & Border Security, as part of my application with CBSA. Course & Selection process completed, took 5 months (the process was such), Day before - received their offer letter to become a CBSA Officer. Joining date, post Trg: 12/1/2011. (I might not join, 'coz I've opened my own office too meanwhile - an extension of my Dubai business). This is my "spare tire", as someone beautifully described in the other thread.

SKM (not in forums)
College Professor. Joined a reputed Pvt. College in Brampton, as a Temp. Lecturer. Fetched the position within 3 months of landing.

AKS (not in forums)
Mech. Engr. Currently under trg & selection for becoming a Cop with Peel Police. Working as a Security Officer at Brampton (his home location) temporarily. He's 6'2" tall bodybuilder (becoming a Cop is his passion).

CharlotteJ (CanadaVisa)
Employed within 2 months of landing.

Trinatocanada (CanadaVisa)
Employed within 2-3 months of landing (if I remember correctly from her posts).

The foregoing is my attempt to mitigate everyone's doubts about the job situation here. It's not difficult to fetch one - provided we have the right mindset. Ability, for sure, each one of us have, that's why we r into this foray, aren't we?

The examples would prove that I'm not talking bull, or am being too optimistic, as few had opined earlier, on some other threads.

Moreover, Immigration to Canada is not for making money, for which the Middle East (Dubai specifically) would be a better option, we r here for enhancing our living - our lifestyle, more so - for our family, our kids... their future is secured here, much better than our homelands (probably) - that's why we originally thought about immigrating, didn't we? We need to keep that focussed. Jobs or a business, we'd anyway do, once we r here. No one goes hungry in Canada ! But, a good-living is guaranteed ! No wonder Canada is consistently voted to be the best place to live & raise a family !

Remember: Perseverance pays !

Qorax
________________________________________________________________________________

REFERENCE:
qorax said:
Another Meet Successfully Completed...

We had a wonderful time today!!! ... the following is the list:

1. Ms. Anusha
2. Chari
3. Ms. Angela
(NEW)
4. Arun (NEW)
5. S. Kumar (NEW)
6. "Explorer101" (NEW)
7. Sohail (Raj's Son)(NEW)
8. Harsharaj (NEW)
9. "RPN" (NEW)
10. Thomas (Owner of www.safehomstay.com)(NEW)
11. "Krishan" (Trackitt)
12. "Adacol" (Trackitt)
13. "Qorax"

Qorax

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also keep in mind that lining up interviews before you land is a good idea. Somebody getting a job 48 hours after landing either means he had already set up the interview or that he was extremely lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Leon said:
Also keep in mind that lining up interviews before you land is a good idea. Somebody getting a job 48 hours after landing either means he had already set up the interview or that he was extremely lucky to be in the right place at the right time.
Again correct Leon.
Member rupunm came-in from the US; & had that interview organized pre-landing. Ditto was the scenario of member S.Kumar.

Qorax

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
@ Staralihaider

Dear Buddy,

Always think positive... Why would u come-up to that situation? Why do u think that after 'landing' u wouldn't find any job?

Let me assure u that contrary to whatever some members opine on this forum, there's no dearth of work here. Jobs r galore... yes, no one says that the going would be easy in the abinitio period - u may not find a work to your utmost liking, for sometime, but u'd definitely have a job - one which would put the meals on your table (as Leon puts it).

It'd not be rosy in the start - but at the same time it'd not be dark till eternity as well. I have plenty of friends/peers/relatives here - none of them have been w/out a job from 2-3 months of landing... Some since 10-12 yrs now have been consistently employed, even during the recession (which anyway didn't affect Canada much).

EXAMPLES:
Just for record... From our own Toronto-FriendsCircle Group... Let me provide u some real-time examples... Ppl who have landed this year... Many of them r members of this forum, while some from Trackitt; & a few others off-the-forums (I'll post their IDs wherever applicable):

IT professional. Currently employed in the same field, with a reputed Wireless provider in Brampton. Employed within 1.5 months of landing.

Banking professional. Currently employed in the same field, with a reputed Bank in Toronto (special mention -- next to her house !!!). Employed within 2 months of her landing. Note: She fetched 2 jobs & selected this one, for obvious reasons.

Accounts & Finance professional. Currently employed as Sr. Manager Finance (!), with a famed company in Mississauga (special mention -- fetched the job within 1.5 week of landing !).

Petroleum Engr. Fetched work as Technical Officer in a Mississauga factory within 3 months of landing. Currently not working, not 'coz of the company, but for minding his infant baby, as the wife continues to work.

Elect. Engr. Currently employed in a fab company, in their HO at Mississauga. (Special mention -- Fantastic pay !). Got the offer within 2.5 months of landing. Didn't leave the job 'coz of the salary, while the hubby minds the baby (perfect planning).

Krishan (Trackitt)
Accounts & Finance professional. Currently pursuing a CRA course, with a large Tax Consultancy firm, with a job assurity (location: 15 mins from his home). Trg completes in Dec-2010, job commences in Jan-2011 (Special mention -- he scored 98% in the final exam, presently software trg is going-on). He fetched this work in 4 months of landing - no, not because of any struggle - he was choosing the right opening.

HMISABPK [CanadaVisa]
Clinical Technologist. Fetched work within 2 months of landing, a starter job in Downtown Toronto (close to his home), but continuing his licensing studies... Chose the survival job 'coz of being in shifts, for further studies.

IT professional (ex-IIT Bombay). Currently employed as Head-of-the-IT Dept. in a huge Edn Institution in Toronto. Fetched the job within 48 hrs. (beat that !)

Currently pursuing DBA from UofT. And, again beat that!, working in the same univ. Part-Time, in their Registration Dept. Location: 15 mins from home.

Explorer101 [CanadaVisa]
Accounts & Finance professional. Fetched a position with a Bank within 2-3 months of landing. Didn't take the job, as it entailed relocating to another city. Currently, most likely to be employed in another Bank, closer to his home.

Qorax
Took a course with Humber College, on Immigr & Border Security, as part of my application with CBSA. Course & Selection process completed, took 5 months (the process was such), Day before - received their offer letter to become a CBSA Officer. Joining date, post Trg: 12/1/2011. (I might not join, 'coz I've opened my own office too meanwhile - an extension of my Dubai business). This is my "spare tire", as someone beautifully described in the other thread.

SKM (not in forums)
College Professor. Joined a reputed Pvt. College in Brampton, as a Temp. Lecturer. Fetched the position within 3 months of landing.

AKS (not in forums)
Mech. Engr. Currently under trg & selection for becoming a Cop with Peel Police. Working as a Security Officer at Brampton (his home location) temporarily. He's 6'2" tall bodybuilder (becoming a Cop is his passion).

CharlotteJ (CanadaVisa)

The foregoing is my attempt to mitigate everyone's doubts about the job situation here. It's not difficult to fetch one - provided we have the right mindset. Ability, for sure, each one of us have, that's why we r into this foray, aren't we?

The examples would prove that I'm not talking bull, or am being too optimistic, as few had opined earlier, on some other threads.

Moreover, Immigration to Canada is not for making money, for which the Middle East (Dubai specifically) would be a better option, we r here for enhancing our living - our lifestyle, more so - for our family, our kids... their future is secured here, much better than our homelands (probably) - that's why we originally thought about immigrating, didn't we? We need to keep that focussed. Jobs or a business, we'd anyway do, once we r here. No one goes hungry in Canada ! But, a good-living is guaranteed ! No wonder Canada is consistently voted to be the best place to live & raise a family !

Qorax
________________________________________________________________________________

REFERENCE:
Well Said

Sir i think positive always Allah ka shukar, but some time you can be face bad luck so be ready for all situations.

I know that you should be start hard work from zero level. I started this thread only because some times you can be face some difficult situation.

shahzadm2

Sep 9, 2010
Dear Qorax... u rock my friend....
i dont often write on this form.. more of a silent reader.. but i have to give a thumbs up to u.. Thank u bro...

Would really appreciate if you could help me a little ... I am from Advertising background .. account director .. wanted to know what scope i have in canada in my field..??? i have relatives in edmonton and calgary....so landing there would be a better option for me.. but i think toronto would offer better opportunities in my field??? any ideas.. :)

qorax said:
Again correct Leon.
Member rupunm came-in from the US; & had that interview organized pre-landing. Ditto was the scenario of member S.Kumar.

Qorax

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
staralihaider said:
After Landing If We Did'nt Get Any Job In Canada (Which Ways To Survive)

All of your share and discuss.
NO JOB IN CANADA - It is not possible, everyone who stay put in Canada gets job. Survival job is not difficult to get.

Job in one's own filed one may require to do co-op / volunteer or internship to show Canadian experience.

ArshadAli

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
AOR Received.
20-10-2010
IELTS Request
done
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waitinig
Passport Req..
waiting
qorax said:
Again correct Leon.

Qorax
Dear Qorax,u r very right ,not all people r coming to canada for money,many like me r trying it to secure our children future.I have a very good job in my country but eventhen i m trying to immigrate to canada.I want to ask a question,i have a good property and money in my hand ,should i come canada with all this or only with the required fund as directed by CIC?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
shahzadm2 said:
Dear Qorax... u rock my friend....
i dont often write on this form.. more of a silent reader.. but i have to give a thumbs up to u.. Thank u bro...

Would really appreciate if you could help me a little ... I am from Advertising background .. account director .. wanted to know what scope i have in canada in my field..??? i have relatives in edmonton and calgary....so landing there would be a better option for me.. but i think Toronto would offer better opportunities in my field??? any ideas.. :)
U opine correctly. Not just Toronto -- the other cosmos (larger cities - viz. Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa etc.) as well would be good for your field. Nonetheless, Calgary is pretty good too...

Besides, during the initial days it's always wise to be co-located with one's relatives. There'd be many other things to consider during your initial settlement besides the job.

My Take : Land in Calgary or Edmonton. Move later to other cities, as the job takes u.

All the best !

Qorax

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
qorax said:
@ Staralihaider

Dear Buddy,

EXAMPLES:

Krishan (Trackitt)

HMISABPK [CanadaVisa]

Explorer101 [CanadaVisa]

Qorax

SKM (not in forums)

AKS (not in forums)

CharlotteJ (CanadaVisa)

Qorax

REFERENCE:
Good post.