After 2nd Citizenship test

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YNSAFDARI said:
@Babi22... my status is still " In Process "
I applied in Surrey but I got called for my test in Vancouver, and yeah after my first test which I failed having scored 14/20, the officer asked me to furnish I94 (ins & outs through US border) since my entry into Canada as landed immigrant along with coloured copies of my passport from my landing date which I hand delivered within 2 days, than I waited for my 2nd test invitation which I got for Nov 2015. Which I cleared 19/20, than there was no questions asked just told me congrats you cleared and you would have to wait 3-5 months, if all documents are in order, for oath ceremony.
ATIP does seem to be a good idea but it almost takes about a month ....

I know its depressing waiting for the oath invite.. I'm vancouver applicant as well, most of the applicants I knew, it took them about 4mos to take the oath, same with me.. Eventhough its your second test, thats fine, you already passed it, just be patient.. If no additional docs needed, you will receive oath invite end of february or early march...best of luck.. it will come soon ok

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
I would not advise you to withdraw your app at all. I got finger prints requested, which I believe make an application non routine. However this didn't delayed the process at all compared to other applicants, and I got my Oath scheduled around 2 and a half months after the test.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
I don't think withdrawing this application is my choice, firstly coz i have applied based on the 3 out of 5 yrs law where as now its 4 our of 6 yrs. So than ill have to wait another year or so to apply...
Totally out of question.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Still nothing, not even online ... any more suggestions... I ve heard from people that these days the OATH is taking more than 3 months, and since my PR is expiring in June am a bit more worried .....

CanCanCit

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YNSAFDARI said:
Still nothing, not even online ... any more suggestions... I ve heard from people that these days the OATH is taking more than 3 months, and since my PR is expiring in June am a bit more worried .....
I wudn't cancel the citizenship application and re-apply again. I wud wait and see. Meanwhile, I'll order ATIP and be prepared with the form for renewing PR card.

Le Tachaque

Jan 15, 2016
Non-routine is more about applications with certain details that invoke suspicion. Frequent overseas travel, being unable to prove your employment or physical presence, potential criminality, and so on. Failing the test should not stretch your application timeline to 36 months. Failing the test once is normally not grounds for referring your case to a citizenship judge either, which is the main reason behind those huge delays. Now that you have taken and passed your second test, the most likely case scenario is that you'll be invited to an upcoming local oath ceremony. It might not be the first or second one coming, as you won't be prioritized. But it's very unlikely to take anywhere near 36 months.

What you should do is to renew your PR card asap though. You get to keep your existing one until you get your new one, so you have nothing to lose other than some money that wouldn't even suffice to buy you 10 McDonald's meals. Don't withdraw your application at this stage if you know you meet the basic conditions. Withdrawing the application is an option only for people who applied with an insufficient number of days.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
CanCanCit said:
I wudn't cancel the citizenship application and re-apply again. I wud wait and see. Meanwhile, I'll order ATIP and be prepared with the form for renewing PR card.
I have already prepared the PR renewal forms, and ATIP requested on 9th Feb 2016.