+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AEO . Leaving Canada - Will it continue?

immion

Apr 26, 2011
All,

I just applied (2 weeks back) for PR under AEO option. Due to personal situations, I am quitting my job and moving back to my home country.

Will my PR process continue?

Thanks.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
immion said:
All,

I just applied (2 weeks back) for PR under AEO option. Due to personal situations, I am quitting my job and moving back to my home country.

Will my PR process continue?

Thanks.
why not. Must update CHC with change status
ayousuf

immion

Apr 26, 2011
Thanks ayousuf. What a relief !!!

Some of my friends claim that PR processing will stop as I don't have job in Canada anymore. So If I go back to my country and inform CHC that I have left Canada and don't have the Canada job anymore, will it be fine? Any links to CIC website on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Hi guys, sorry I am confused - AEO is Arranged Employment Offer, and with this you do not start working for the Canadian employer until after your Permanent Residency under Federal Skilled Worker Category 2 is approved and visa issued.

Do you mean working with the Temporary Work Permit and a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) approved by HRDSC?

If so, the moment you are no longer working in Canada you must inform CIC, and I believe your application will be closed. I believe there is a certain grace period during which you can try to find alternative employment within Canada and a new LMO (as has been the case with CanadaJimmy), but if you actually quit the country I don't believe your application will continue to be valid.

The reason you are eligibile as a Federal Skilled Worker Category 2 is that despite not having experience in the in-demand occupation list, you have secured a job and have therefore proven your economic viability to settle in Canada (this is also the reason why proof of funds is not required for Category 2 applicants).

I believe you have to be working in Canada with a valid TMP/LMO until your residency application is complete - and if you quit your job you must inform CIC. If you fail to inform CIC then they will almost certainly find out when they come to try to validate the LMO during the visa office background checks.

Wayne.

immion

Apr 26, 2011
Wayne,

I am currently working in a permanent job in Canada on a work permit (intra-company transfer).

I am referring to Arranged Employment Option as given in link

cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp#factor5

I just checked the note there: Note: Your work permit must be valid at the time your permanent resident visa is issued.

So if I quit my job now and leave Canada, my work permit goes invalid, right? So will my PR process also get stopped?

I worked so hard to come here and I need clarification on this to make some important decision.

Thanks.

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AEO is of two types:

This is just a letter from your employer which says he'll employ u indeterminately after receiving PR. nothing else to it.
U are working in Canada. If u leave your job before visa issuance then your immigration will be denied unless u get another AEO from hrsdc and send that to the embassy. for AEO u cannot currently work in Canada on a work permit. Which brings us to our 2nd type.

This is a document issued by HRSDC. Its called "AEO". Just like LMO but easier to obtain and takes 6 months i think. For this u cannot be currently working for that employer.

So in your case, if your employer files for AEO for you, then your immigration continues, else gandiya mein dandiya

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immion said:
Wayne,

I am currently working in a permanent job in Canada on a work permit (intra-company transfer).

I am referring to Arranged Employment Option as given in link

cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp#factor5

I just checked the note there: Note: Your work permit must be valid at the time your permanent resident visa is issued.

So if I quit my job now and leave Canada, my work permit goes invalid, right? So will my PR process also get stopped?

I worked so hard to come here and I need clarification on this to make some important decision.

Thanks.

If you have applied for PR with the Work Permit reference/LMO of the job that you want to quit, then unfortunately your PR application will not be processed if you decide to quit the job. So you have to stay on with the job till you get your Visa.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-employment.as

But if you have applied with AEO, then your PR application will continue processing.

Mitali

grepis

Jun 9, 2011
Hi,

I have submitted PR application under FSW with Arranged Employment (valid work permit).
So I need to have valid work permit at the moment when visa will be issued.
Question: if my WP expire and I will come back to home country, could I provide AEO to Visa office to continue processing of my application?

Thanks,

disco1004

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2009
Doc's Request.
18-02-2010
AOR Received.
02-11-2010
File Transfer...
05-10-2011 to Seattle
Med's Request
19-12-2011
Med's Done....
05-01-2012/ Delievered Ottawa 16-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2012 / passport received by Seattle 15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012 / Fedex
LANDED..........
soon!
Immon,

If your employer applied AEO for you and you applied PR with the copy of AEO,
Then your application has no problem.
Lots of people out of Canada with AEO apply PR and wait until the process done.

But if you employer have you LMO and you applied PR with LMO copy,
You should be working untill the process ends.

Make sure what you attached was AEO then you can be anywhere in the world.

Disco