+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice please- My Malaysian PCC doesnt look quite right

Alexander80

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, can anyone give me some advice on this. I've applied for a Malaysian police certificate, i.e. "Certificate of Good Conduct" and the embassy sent me an official document which just states: "to whom it may concern, this is to certify that the government of Malaysia has no adverse record on Mr XXXX, holder of passport no. XXXX".

Can anyone tell me whether the document is good enough for CIC? I'm worried because nowhere on the document does it say "certificate of good conduct". Anyone has any experience with this? I don't want my APR to get rejected because the embassy gave me the wrong document...

Thanks everyone!

happymamma2

Mar 21, 2015
Hi everyone, can anyone give me some advice on this. I've applied for a Malaysian police certificate, i.e. "Certificate of Good Conduct" and the embassy sent me an official document which just states: "to whom it may concern, this is to certify that the government of Malaysia has no adverse record on Mr XXXX, holder of passport no. XXXX".

Can anyone tell me whether the document is good enough for CIC? I'm worried because nowhere on the document does it say "certificate of good conduct". Anyone has any experience with this? I don't want my APR to get rejected because the embassy gave me the wrong document...

Thanks everyone!

I hold 2 citizenships(Romanian and Irish).My Irish is longer and felt ,more complete but the Romanian one is exactly like yours,2sentences.Dont worry,I think it depends on the country .Yours should be fine

sheikhade

Aug 11, 2017
I had the exact same issue and submitted. However I got a response to upload my Malaysian PCC (which I submitted initially) I have been worried since.

Alexander80

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had the exact same issue and submitted. However I got a response to upload my Malaysian PCC (which I submitted initially) I have been worried since.
Hi, just thought you should know that I've received COPR. There were no issues raised about my Malaysian PCC. You should be fine. :) The only thing is that I applied for the Malaysian PCC only after getting a letter from CIC to get one (as mentioned in CIC's guidelines for police certificates from Malaysia) and then uploaded that PCC.

jcyt

Oct 15, 2018
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
Hi, just thought you should know that I've received COPR. There were no issues raised about my Malaysian PCC. You should be fine. :) The only thing is that I applied for the Malaysian PCC only after getting a letter from CIC to get one (as mentioned in CIC's guidelines for police certificates from Malaysia) and then uploaded that PCC.
Hi Alexander80,
I thought the same when I saw that page on only applying for Malaysian CGC after submitting the PR application. But I have people telling me that it referred to the Canada CGC instead. So when you submitted your PR application, did you just upload a document saying you need a letter from CIC? May I know what the CIC letter to get one looks like?

I ask because I have already applied for the CGC on Malaysian consulate website but it's been 'In Process' for a month now, and with my ITA deadline coming up next week, I'm worried if something went wrong :(. Would appreciate anyone's take on this, thanks!

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I have already applied for the CGC on Malaysian consulate website but it's been 'In Process' for a month now, and with my ITA deadline coming up next week, I'm worried if something went wrong :(. Would appreciate anyone's take on this, thanks!
I applied a month ago too, on 11th Sept and still waiting. I called the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and they told me processing time is 1 to 2 months now.

In case you don't get it in time, you can upload your Malaysian CGC acknowledgement receipt and explain in an LOE that you're waiting to receive it. Good luck.

jcyt

Oct 15, 2018
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
I applied a month ago too, on 11th Sept and still waiting. I called the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and they told me processing time is 1 to 2 months now.

In case you don't get it in time, you can upload your Malaysian CGC acknowledgement receipt and explain in an LOE that you're waiting to receive it. Good luck.
Thanks a lot hodari!

jcyt

Oct 15, 2018
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
Just wondering, when did you submit your application for the CGC?
I submitted it on 14th September - with my ITA deadline this upcoming Monday. Wish I had applied sooner but I had really thought CIC didn’t want us to apply till they give us the letter to do so

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I submitted it on 14th September - with my ITA deadline this upcoming Monday. Wish I had applied sooner but I had really thought CIC didn’t want us to apply till they give us the letter to do so
I checked now and it says "Certificate ready for collection"! Hopefully yours will be ready this week too.

jcyt

Oct 15, 2018
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
I checked now and it says "Certificate ready for collection"! Hopefully yours will be ready this week too.
Congrats!! Thanks for letting me know too. May I know who and what number at the ministry you called to ask by the way? Just in case anything goes wrong with mine

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Congrats!! Thanks for letting me know too. May I know who and what number at the ministry you called to ask by the way? Just in case anything goes wrong with mine
I first tried the Consular Division number +603 8887 4047 but no one picked up, so then I called their main line +603 8000 8000 and I got through.

Reactions: jcyt

Priya801

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi all,

Can I apply for malaysia pcc before getting ITA or any letter from cic?

CIC guidelines say that I need a letter from them to apply malaysia pcc
But there is no such restrictions on malaysia website to apply for pcc

Thanks in advance

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hi all,

Can I apply for malaysia pcc before getting ITA or any letter from cic?

CIC guidelines say that I need a letter from them to apply malaysia pcc
But there is no such restrictions on malaysia website to apply for pcc

Thanks in advance
Yes you can go ahead and apply online

Priya801

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Yes you can go ahead and apply online
Thanks for advice.

But what if later on cic says that i didn’t follow their guidelines

I mean, cic says that after getting ita, first I will submit pr application and then they will provide some letter , after which I should apply for Malaysia pcc.

If I apply for pcc now and I get Malaysia pcc before before submitting pr application, the I will submit Malaysia pcc along wid pr application, in that case cic will not be issuing me any letter for pcc, will that process be ok?

Totally confused cic says one thing and Malaysia pcc team say another thing