+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on landing!

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Hello,

I am an April applicant, and I did my landing today at the local CIC office. Just wanted to mention to fellow applicants that if you do not have a US Visa, and esp. if you are carrying a passport from a country famous for the wrong reasons, I highly recommed doing the landing through the CIC office rather than doing flag-poling.

Quite simply, you shouldnt have a rejection/refusal of entry to US. Even if they do not stamp your passport, your name is entered in an international database and it could land you some unnecessary complications in the future ... and all of this could be avoided by doing landing at the local cic office.

I got my passport back on 7th Jan, and did my landing today. Got a bit lucky in my appointment, as initially I was told that it may take 6-8 weeks to get an appointment. Anyway, if time is on your side, then seriously consider this option.

Finally, thank you everyone for their assistance. I aim to visit the forum frequently, and pass on whatever knowledge I have gathered during my application process. Good luck!

rosty2

Jul 5, 2012
Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 8th 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 25th
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
March 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
Congrats !!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Congrats!

Do you mind sharing what city you landed in?

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Red and Black,

Congrats! Can you please share details on the process of landing at a local CIC office. How did you book an appointment ? 6-8 weeks is a pretty long waiting time. Is the process any different than what happens at Canadian border ?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Red and Black said:
Thank you, and Ottawa.
That's a big city. Really fantastic they got you in that fast! Gives me a smidge of hope lol :p

elwebmaster

Jan 7, 2013
Red and Black said:
Hello,

I am an April applicant, and I did my landing today at the local CIC office. Just wanted to mention to fellow applicants that if you do not have a US Visa, and esp. if you are carrying a passport from a country famous for the wrong reasons, I highly recommed doing the landing through the CIC office rather than doing flag-poling.

Quite simply, you shouldnt have a rejection/refusal of entry to US. Even if they do not stamp your passport, your name is entered in an international database and it could land you some unnecessary complications in the future ... and all of this could be avoided by doing landing at the local cic office.

I got my passport back on 7th Jan, and did my landing today. Got a bit lucky in my appointment, as initially I was told that it may take 6-8 weeks to get an appointment. Anyway, if time is on your side, then seriously consider this option.

Finally, thank you everyone for their assistance. I aim to visit the forum frequently, and pass on whatever knowledge I have gathered during my application process. Good luck!

You know you could have saved yourself all this hassle if, instead of sending your passport, you had applied for a US Visa to go to the Canadian Embassy and get your PR Visa in person? Then you can land on the way back. Congrats anyway!

Golnaz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
1-12-2012 (PCC requested)
AOR Received.
19-06-2012
Med's Request
3-12-2012
Med's Done....
4-12-2012
Passport Req..
31-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
1-3-2013
LANDED..........
3-3-2013
Red and Black said:
Thank you, and Ottawa.
Congrats :)
Do you know where we can find the list of local office ?

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Here is the list of local CIC offices in Canada:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

You can call the CIC number, and book an appointment. You do require Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) in order to book an appointment. All you need to land at the local CIC office is your passport, CoPR and one passport size photograph. Thats all! Once you book an appointment, you will get a call from the local office about the time, and what to bring with you.

Elwebmaster, yes I agree. Thats another way to fast track the landing process. However, if you're unlucky, US embassy can keep your passport for a long time if it goes under security check as part of their VISA issuing process. Not to forget that going to Detroit is another hassle, as I live in Ottawa and had to take time off from work to do that. So for me, this process was the most straight-forward and trouble-free.

love-canada

Jun 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2012
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-02-2013, Passport sent on 22-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013, Passport received on 13-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-03-2013
Congrats RedandBlack.

Could you please inform whether they allowed to give address proof to send PR card.??

Are we left with some other documentation to be done to get PR card in this way..

Thanks..

Red and Black said:
Hello,

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
love-canada said:
Congrats RedandBlack.

Could you please inform whether they allowed to give address proof to send PR card.??

Are we left with some other documentation to be done to get PR card in this way..

Thanks..
You dont need proof of your address!

Toronto1977

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
The list that you provided also shows a CIC office in Scarborough Town Center, Toronto.

Since I am in Toronto, can I do the landing there ?

Red and Black said:
You dont need proof of your address!

Toronto1977

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Hi Red and Black,

Since you are within Canada and went through PPR submission , I was hoping if you could help resolve my confusion

I was wondering which address of CPP - Ottawa did you send your PPR to ?
The Canada Post or the Courier ?

Canada Post:

CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:

CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

As per the PPR request mail posted here by some members :

1. We need to buy 2 Xpresspost envelops
2. Self address 1st envelop
3. 2nd envelop has to be addressed to CPP- Ottawa (Canada Post, PO Box 9780).
4. The 1st self addressed envelop needs to be inserted inside this 2nd envelope along with the Passport and Biodata form.

Is that it ? Am I correct in my understanding ?

Red and Black said:
Here is the list of local CIC offices in Canada:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

You can call the CIC number, and book an appointment. You do require Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) in order to book an appointment. All you need to land at the local CIC office is your passport, CoPR and one passport size photograph. Thats all! Once you book an appointment, you will get a call from the local office about the time, and what to bring with you.

Elwebmaster, yes I agree. Thats another way to fast track the landing process. However, if you're unlucky, US embassy can keep your passport for a long time if it goes under security check as part of their VISA issuing process. Not to forget that going to Detroit is another hassle, as I live in Ottawa and had to take time off from work to do that. So for me, this process was the most straight-forward and trouble-free.

Radosty

Apr 9, 2012
We did our landing on Thursday June27. It took one week to get the appointment to the local cic (Ottawa).
Everything was done in 30 min. We were there at 8.30, we were invited inside at 8.45, around 9.15 we were in our way to Service Canada to change our SIN numbers.
We were misleading by the officer that the SIN number can be changed only after we will receive the PR card. We were surprised but anyway went there and they said that we can apply for new SINs today.
All done now. Waiting for our PR card.