+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADR interview after three months....

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
hello guys..

My wife finally get the document which says ADR interview will be after three months and we can submit them proofs which can help in our case not later than 20 days before appeal... is this better than full hearing? cuz i read in this forum few people are given ADR interview is this good? i hope so

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Hellllllllllllloooooooooooooooooo

Make sure your wife reads through the CAIPS notes that the IO wrote a couple of times to pick up any discrepancies.

In about three or four months they will let you know when your ADR date will be.

Your ADR will be approximately three or four months after that....so I suspect you will have ADR in February.

Most spousal sponsorships go to ADR if they are straight forward. For example, if you have tried to come to Canada on a visitor's visa and were refused chances are then you would go to a full hearing instead of ADR. But if they say your relationship isn't genuine because the IO felt you didn't know enough about your wife then it would be ADR.

Bottomline, you an ADR is better than going to a full hearing. At the ADR you go into a room with a long table. It would be your wife, a representative of the IAD which is there to mediate between the two sides, and Minister's Council, this person is an immigration representative who would have read your file and is on the IO's side.

As you have read numerous times. Just continue keeping all your evidence of constant communication. Emails, chat logs, phone cards, phone records, any more pics from other visits to you. Anything that is after you sent in your original package.

At a full hearing it is in front of a judge. Both you and your wife would have to testify. Your wife would be asked to take two hours of phone cards so they could contact you. Your wife would also be allowed to bring witnesses.

The ADR is a much less formal proceedure.

Your wife will have to write a little love story. How you two met. When you fell in love. What your future plans are together. Address all of the IO"s concerns, and then finally why your wife feels you should be approved.

I know you two chat often so have her print off each chat log daily. It is a nightmare trying to get it all together afterwards.

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
An Alternative Dispute Resolution ( ADR) Conference is not a regular appeal hearing. It is an informal meeting between you and an official from Canada Border Services Agency, who is referred to as Minister's counsel. Minister's counsel represents the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada ( CIC). A Dispute Resolution Officer ( DRO) from the Immigration Appeal Division ( IAD) will work with the Minister's counsel and you to try to resolve your case simply, quickly, and fairly. If the case is resolved through the ADR Conference, a hearing will not be needed. An ADR can be resolved through the Minister consenting to your case or, alternatively, you may decide to withdraw your appeal.

You must attend the ADR Conference in person at the scheduled time. A lawyer, an immigration consultant, or someone else who is assisting you, can attend with you if you wish. Attending the ADR Conference will be:
you (and anyone who is representing you);
Minister's counsel, and
the DRO, who is a tribunal officer or a member of the IAD.

After reviewing your file and meeting with you at the ADR Conference, Minister's counsel may agree that your appeal should be settled in your favour. If Minister's counsel does not agree to settle in your favour, you may decide to withdraw your appeal or proceed to a hearing. The DRO will guide the meeting and encourage the parties to share information but will not decide the result.

Re-read the refusal letter and the notes from the interview with the visa officer, and be prepared to tell the Minister's counsel and DRO why you think your appeal should be allowed. This could include any mistakes you believe were made in handling your case, why it is important to have your family member join you in Canada, or any special circumstances in your case. If you plan to refer to any written information or documents that are not already in the file, you must provide them to Minister's counsel and the DRO no later than 10 days before the ADR Conference.

Take it seriously lastly, and compile as much evidence and support and plan your answers to why you should be allowed to continue. Good luck to you and your wife!

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
Hi there,
The ADR is supposed to be a better option for your case. If the IO and the resolution official believe your case then the process is much less than a full hearing. I had my ADR on July 15th, but the outcome was not positive for us. It's a long and complicated case. i have hired a reputable immigration lawyer to help me win at the full hearing. But in general the ADR is there to help clear any unanswered questions that the immigration officer may have.

Please have her read through the Caps notes properly and address those issues.

Good luck to your wife. I hope she has better luck than we did.

Indira

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
Boncuk said:
An Alternative Dispute Resolution ( ADR) Conference is not a regular appeal hearing. It is an informal meeting between you and an official from Canada Border Services Agency, who is referred to as Minister's counsel. Minister's counsel represents the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada ( CIC). A Dispute Resolution Officer ( DRO) from the Immigration Appeal Division ( IAD) will work with the Minister's counsel and you to try to resolve your case simply, quickly, and fairly. If the case is resolved through the ADR Conference, a hearing will not be needed. An ADR can be resolved through the Minister consenting to your case or, alternatively, you may decide to withdraw your appeal.

You must attend the ADR Conference in person at the scheduled time. A lawyer, an immigration consultant, or someone else who is assisting you, can attend with you if you wish. Attending the ADR Conference will be:
Minister's counsel, and

After reviewing your file and meeting with you at the ADR Conference, Minister's counsel may agree that your appeal should be settled in your favour. If Minister's counsel does not agree to settle in your favour, you may decide to withdraw your appeal or proceed to a hearing. The DRO will guide the meeting and encourage the parties to share information but will not decide the result.

Re-read the refusal letter and the notes from the interview with the visa officer, and be prepared to tell the Minister's counsel and DRO why you think your appeal should be allowed. This could include any mistakes you believe were made in handling your case, why it is important to have your family member join you in Canada, or any special circumstances in your case. If you plan to refer to any written information or documents that are not already in the file, you must provide them to Minister's counsel and the DRO no later than 10 days before the ADR Conference.

Take it seriously lastly, and compile as much evidence and support and plan your answers to why you should be allowed to continue. Good luck to you and your wife!
thanks it helps to understand what we have to go through my wife got 600 pages she saying too much pages we read few from it it says they give us date in oct if minister counsel agree then appeal will be allowed or we have to go full hearing it means they already give us ADR? it says it will be interview of my wife.

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
smart_saqib143 said:
Boncuk said:

Minister's counsel, and

thanks it helps to understand what we have to go through my wife got 600 pages she saying too much pages we read few from it it says they give us date in oct if minister counsel agree then appeal will be allowed or we have to go full hearing it means they already give us ADR? it says it will be interview of my wife.
thanks good luck to you too.

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
indimer04 said:
Hi there,
The ADR is supposed to be a better option for your case. If the IO and the resolution official believe your case then the process is much less than a full hearing. I had my ADR on July 15th, but the outcome was not positive for us. It's a long and complicated case. i have hired a reputable immigration lawyer to help me win at the full hearing. But in general the ADR is there to help clear any unanswered questions that the immigration officer may have.

Please have her read through the Caps notes properly and address those issues.

Good luck to your wife. I hope she has better luck than we did.

Indira
as these pages are too many will there be notes from immigration officer who refused our case? it will be hard to find that cuz my wife told me it too many pages.

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
somewhere in all those pages are the notes from the interview. They have a table of contents outlining whats inside your package. In ours it had the copies of the initial application form then the interview pages which was both in French then English after all this it had some of our proofs of relationship ..like my pregnancy document and my boarding passes from my trip there to see him. Have your wife look at the pages following the application part..it should be there.
We have still to hear of a hearing date. My lawyer has requested a date as soon as possible. My lawyer believes that in our case we shouldn't have been denied from the beginning since based on Jamal's answers on the initial interview went well. My lawyer says that my husband knew everything there is to know about me and my complicated past and that he actually answered all the questions that he was asked, even though it may not have been to what the IO wanted to hear. The important thing is that he wasn't scared of saying what really happened and he did much better than most he has ever represented in the past. I just hope that things get resolved. It's been really difficult to be apart from him for this long already. What's worse is that i don't want to travel with our 3month old daughter to see him just yet. I want her to get all her vaccines up until she turns 6months and then we will see. What we don't like it the fact that the IO told me that it was best to withdrawl the file and go and live with him for a full year then reapply. I can not do this for the sake of my first daughter. Her father will not give me permission to leave with her for so long. It's tough i tell you.

Most important for you and your wife ...just please re read what the IO said about the refusal and have her get as much more proof to show them that your case is real. Hang in there. There are a few of us going through it still..i know that some have had their ADR and got a positive result..so i pray that will be the case for you and your wife. Either way i will keep you all posted as to our case too....but please try to stay positive and don't let the refusal get you down. What is meant to be will be and sometimes it just takes a little more time to get to where we need to...at least this is how both Jamal and i think. And to say that he hasn't seen his baby yet or even be with me when i was pregnant. We just hope that things speed up for us to be able to finally be together. We both have had a tough life until now.

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
If I am reading this correctly, does this mean ALL spousal applications go through an ADR if not a full hearing? I was under the impression that if the case was straightforward, there would be no interview of any kind required (based on the strength of the evidence included with the application).

We've got lots of evidence, but communication is perhaps somewhat lacking - we live together and are rarely apart. We also use pay-as-you-go cell phones, and haven't been logging chats (until the past month or so). Is this something we should be worried about? We've got lots of photos (half of which are taken with family from both sides), letters from family, maybe 30-40 pages of emails, about 25 pages of chat logs, and several dozen receipts from things we did together.

Nervous now..!

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
cdarroch said:
If I am reading this correctly, does this mean ALL spousal applications go through an ADR if not a full hearing? I was under the impression that if the case was straightforward, there would be no interview of any kind required (based on the strength of the evidence included with the application).

We've got lots of evidence, but communication is perhaps somewhat lacking - we live together and are rarely apart. We also use pay-as-you-go cell phones, and haven't been logging chats (until the past month or so). Is this something we should be worried about? We've got lots of photos (half of which are taken with family from both sides), letters from family, maybe 30-40 pages of emails, about 25 pages of chat logs, and several dozen receipts from things we did together.

Nervous now..!
This tread is about those of us who's spouses were refused a PR. This type of interview is done once you have sent in an appeal request and you are granted a ADR hearing. So don't worry too much, you haven't gotten to this point and I pray you don't have to deal with this either.

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
phew! thank you for your reply.

I truly feel for all of you in what must be a terrible situation... best of luck all around, and I sincerely hope things work out - stay positive (though I know it must be hard).

All the best!

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
Boncuk said:

Minister's counsel, and

hello thanks Loiselane for your help.

We got ADR date in October we are preparing for it thank you very much. how long story should be that my wife will write?

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
cdarroch said:

Nervous now..!
i pray you win as i can understand the feeling of long wait.. i read the papers interview and all the proofs i provided them. my file says that after interview they send my file again for review but still refuse me and give me reason, about my wife can not have children but i said in interview i will like to have children from my wife to make our relationship stronger but also i said in interview if she cant give birth then her kids are also my kids...
and they speak about cultural norms but in our culture people do marry divorced women.

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
Boncuk said:

Minister's counsel, and

Hello Loiselane

thanks for your reply yes we reading those pages and we got date for October, how long the story should be and will that be submitted before hearing or show on hearing only and what about pictures send just to minister counsel or DRO ?

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
i wanted to ask,
i did submit emails and chat logs but these were too many so i send them few..

but now they need to see proofs i have too much emails may be over 1 thousand emails and may be 10 thousand pages of chats logs, i have submitted more than 20 love letters and now around 40 more love letters i have do i have to give them more love letters i need one suitcase to put all these proofs what to do?