+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address difference?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
My colleague who applied last week sent his citizenship application by courier with Purolator, and it arrived yesterday. Here's the message he sees on Purolator:

Shipment delivered to MACRURY at: SHIP DOCK of CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION 4749 DORCHESTER ST B1P1J3

Is that address valid? Did Purolator make a mistake, or is it the same building?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
My colleague who applied last week sent his citizenship application by courier with Purolator, and it arrived yesterday. Here's the message he sees on Purolator:

Shipment delivered to MACRURY at: SHIP DOCK of CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION 4749 DORCHESTER ST B1P1J3

Is that address valid? Did Purolator make a mistake, or is it the same building?
The address is valid. That's the courier address.
There are different delivery address for regular mail and courier.

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Mine was signed by MACRURY at 47 Dorchester Street at beginning of June also. I used FedEx.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At least Macrury is common lol
The actual address is:
CPC-Sydney
47 - 49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Note the hyphen (-) between the numbers. So, the receiver AND the address are the same for both of you.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
boasorte said:
The actual address is:
CPC-Sydney
47 - 49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Note the hyphen (-) between the numbers. So, the receiver AND the address are the same for both of you.
Note the difference in zip codes...

And what does SHIP DOCK mean anyways?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
He spoke with Purolator and SHIP DOCK is the shipment point at CIC. The zipcode difference might be due to scanning, but the receiving party (MACRURY or whatever the name) works there apparently. Either way, I'm sending mine with Purolator. Seems fast.

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
Hi guys
I sent mine at the beginning of the month and it was received the next morning with Purolator.
the strange thing was the address that I used was different from the one they delivered into. I put the one on the Checklist, but they delivered into this one :SHIP DOCK of CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION 4749 DORCHESTER ST B1P1J3.
At first I panicked and thought they sent it into wrong address, but upon quick research in this forum, I was assured by other members that this address exist and the Name MACRURY who signed my application also exist and signed other member's application previously. Therefore, I didn't bothered to call Purolator.
Hope this helps
and have nice day to all of You.