+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address Change- 6 months after application

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
Hi All,

I applied for citizenship in February, it has been in process since Feb 25. At the time I was living in Toronto, so I assume it was transferred to Toronto office. I recently moved to London, ON, and I was wondering if I should change my address or not.

I have my mail delivered here in london, through canada post mail forwarding service. I don't mind changing the address, but I have read that it could delay the process and since we are already 6 months in, based on other peoples timelines, it may be out turn soon.

Let me know what you think I should do. Thanks in advance

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
You should let them know of your new address. Otherwise CIC will continue to send mail to your old address and also your oath ceremony will be in Toronto.

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
Thanks for the response.

I am currently getting all my mail from the toronto address here in london and will continue to do so for 4 months or more if i want. Also toronto is just 2 hours away driving, so its not a big deal if the interview is in toronto. I am just trying to avoid any delay with the process that may come if i change te address.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amusa said:
Thanks for the response.

I am currently getting all my mail from the toronto address here in london and will continue to do so for 4 months or more if i want. Also toronto is just 2 hours away driving, so its not a big deal if the interview is in toronto. I am just trying to avoid any delay with the process that may come if i change te address.
As I recall correctly, CIC's mail is not forward able. So you might get all other mails except CIC's

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
As I recall correctly, CIC's mail is not forward able. So you might get all other mails except CIC's
Yep.This is so true. I got mail forwarding too but I didn't get my oath letter.
My ecas updated but we moved a week or 2 before I got my oath date.I waited,but since my oathdate was near,I opted to call the CIC call center number. Luckily,CIC call center agent said that I didn't need my oath letter to attend my oath taking,hopefully that hasn't changed.