+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional proof of the intent to reside in Canada

eevee917

May 17, 2021
Taiwan
Hi everyone,

We need your help!! :oops:

I need some urgent advises on my application regarding to "proof the spouse's intention to reside in Canada" which need to submit within 30 days. My husband and I are living outside Canada. My husband recently received a request letter in GCKey account asking for additional proof of my husband's intention to reside in Canada. The letter mentioned "Client Information: Please provide additional proof of your sponsor's intent to reside in Canada. "

In our initial application, we've already submit the following documents showing we do have strong intention to move back to Canada and reside in our rest of lives. I've done my best to search every information regarding this issue but ending with no clue. Since my husband is already 77 years old and I am currently 66 years old, we have both retired and certainly not going to find a job in Canada. We have no ideas that what other information we could provide...

Here are the information we submitted at the time of applying:

1. Title deeds to my property and Entrusted contract of selling (to validate that I was in the process of selling my properties)
  2. Appraisal report to my property (to validate the current market price of the property and showing that we would have fund to settle in Canada)
  3. Giving our daughter's address in Vancouver (and indicate that our daughter is pleased to welcome us to live with her)

Due to the fact that we are selling our house and prepare the settlement fund at that time, I believe my husband has worked very hard to provide enough information to prove his intention. We cannot figure our why would the immigration officer need additional documents. However, here is a good news, my house was just sold in March. Would this be a good documentary to prove our strong intention? And do I need to provide additional information to enhance my application?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Due to the fact that we are selling our house and prepare the settlement fund at that time, I believe my husband has worked very hard to provide enough information to prove his intention. We cannot figure our why would the immigration officer need additional documents. However, here is a good news, my house was just sold in March. Would this be a good documentary to prove our strong intention? And do I need to provide additional information to enhance my application?
Some thoughts -
-if your plan is not actually to live with your daughter, real estate searches and the like.
-yes, show the sale of house.
-If plan is to live with daughter, show more detail that these are real, solid plans (they tend to discount such simple 'support letters'.
-quotes from movers, etc.
-financial arrangements eg does spouse have bank accounts in Canada.
-any other administrative or suchlike arrangements - bank accounts, replacing documents, health insurance information, arrangements with doctors, etc.

You can certainly also add a short note that plan is to retire and hence you don't have jobsearches and the like.

If you are from a visa waiver country or have a visa already, you could actually travel to Canada (that would be pretty solid proof); together or the citizen first.

It seems they are issuing these requests for addl info more routinely now, and not clear how in detail they have looked at previous. Don't be afraid of repeating previous information, just supplement whatever additional you have since the time you applied.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

We need your help!! :oops:

I need some urgent advises on my application regarding to "proof the spouse's intention to reside in Canada" which need to submit within 30 days. My husband and I are living outside Canada. My husband recently received a request letter in GCKey account asking for additional proof of my husband's intention to reside in Canada. The letter mentioned "Client Information: Please provide additional proof of your sponsor's intent to reside in Canada. "

In our initial application, we've already submit the following documents showing we do have strong intention to move back to Canada and reside in our rest of lives. I've done my best to search every information regarding this issue but ending with no clue. Since my husband is already 77 years old and I am currently 66 years old, we have both retired and certainly not going to find a job in Canada. We have no ideas that what other information we could provide...

Here are the information we submitted at the time of applying:

1. Title deeds to my property and Entrusted contract of selling (to validate that I was in the process of selling my properties)
  2. Appraisal report to my property (to validate the current market price of the property and showing that we would have fund to settle in Canada)
  3. Giving our daughter's address in Vancouver (and indicate that our daughter is pleased to welcome us to live with her)

To add to what was already said above, did you just give your daughter's address and indicate that she will be happy to have her live with you? If so, that's thin and you'd want to provide an actual letter / affidavit from your daughter stating this.

Otherwise you've received good advice above. There is more you can provide even if you are coming over without plans to work.

eevee917

May 17, 2021
Taiwan
Some thoughts -
-if your plan is not actually to live with your daughter, real estate searches and the like.
-yes, show the sale of house.
-If plan is to live with daughter, show more detail that these are real, solid plans (they tend to discount such simple 'support letters'.
-quotes from movers, etc.
-financial arrangements eg does spouse have bank accounts in Canada.
-any other administrative or suchlike arrangements - bank accounts, replacing documents, health insurance information, arrangements with doctors, etc.

You can certainly also add a short note that plan is to retire and hence you don't have jobsearches and the like.

If you are from a visa waiver country or have a visa already, you could actually travel to Canada (that would be pretty solid proof); together or the citizen first.

It seems they are issuing these requests for addl info more routinely now, and not clear how in detail they have looked at previous. Don't be afraid of repeating previous information, just supplement whatever additional you have since the time you applied.
Thanks for your time. I'll try the method you advised. Many thanks!