+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medicals Sputum Test

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
i visited our fam doctor, she advise to start the treatment. is the embassy will consider the start of treatment or i need to wait for the sputum and rpt xray.
IRCC will not consider any other doc consideration or treatment other than those nominated by them. So even though your family doc keep on saying anything they won't consider it. Moreover there is more likely the case that you had to take treatment in Canada and not in your home country. By the way if you don't mind sharing which country are you applying from?

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023
IRCC will not consider any other doc consideration or treatment other than those nominated by them. So even though your family doc keep on saying anything they won't consider it. Moreover there is more likely the case that you had to take treatment in Canada and not in your home country. By the way if you don't mind sharing which country are you applying from?
philippines

Booster

Jun 4, 2023
Hello all. My spouse was asked to do a sputum smear and this is the fifth week. I wish to know if I’m the case of negative results after the eighth week we can get ppr or we must wait for the second X-ray.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello all. My spouse was asked to do a sputum smear and this is the fifth week. I wish to know if I’m the case of negative results after the eighth week we can get ppr or we must wait for the second X-ray.
Until and unless you do second xray there will be no activity. Your file will be on hold for that time though it may be a possibility that other checks are going on simultaneously.

Booster

Jun 4, 2023
Until and unless you do second xray there will be no activity. Your file will be on hold for that time though it may be a possibility that other checks are going on simultaneously.
Alright thanks. The anxiety is just too much. The checks are complete for me. The medical results are the only missing thing.

Booster

Jun 4, 2023
Hello all. Please do the panel physicians let us know when sputum smear and culture test results are available or they just wait to do X-ray after 3 months before giving us results?

Tripatssidhu

Sep 29, 2023
Hello,
I have been asked for same and date for xray is 9th dec 2023. My course starts on 2nd Jan 2024. Should I defer it or wait till then. I have my tests done from outside and they were negative.

Junera

Oct 2, 2023
Hi,
I have similar situation and even same timeline! the difference is I'll be giving my Sputum test in second week of July, 2023. But I have already paid my non-refundable deposit. And my course will start on 1st September 2023. I am not sure, what I have to do now.
I'f everything goes smoothly according to timeline, I'll have my medical test with 2nd X-ray sorted by 15-20 September, 2023.
BUT - The course I have chosen, it won't have Winter Intake (Just Summer and Fall) ... because its of 2 years, so if I choose to deffer it... I'll end up with same course but in Summer 2024 (1 year would be wasted).
If I withdraw my application without filing visa, I'll loose that deposit money.

Can anyone guide me on this. FYI ..I am 99% positive that I don't have latent/Inactive TB. I had to take up a test recently (like a year ago) it came negative.
Please I am in a similar situation, I wanted to get feedback from you on your application, please my email and whatsapp number are, erhauyienabulele2@gmail.com and +2349094476757 please I have to talk to you

kt2701

Mar 20, 2024
As per IRCC sputum is ideally collected over 3 days.
Unfortunately IRCC will go with their medical panel opinion. This sputum and 3 months later xray is their second opinion. If it won't show any change as compared to the xray they at present have you will be cleared or otherwise medical surveillance.
Is there a mandatory three-month gap between receiving a negative sputum test result and undergoing a follow-up X-ray for Canada spouse visa medical purposes, even if the sputum test is negative?

kt2701

Mar 20, 2024
Once my sputum test results return negative for the Canada visa medical examination, when am I eligible to apply for a second X-ray? I heard few people got their x ray on the same day and few people waited for 3 months

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Once my sputum test results return negative for the Canada visa medical examination, when am I eligible to apply for a second X-ray? I heard few people got their x ray on the same day and few people waited for 3 months
The next xray have to be after 3 months, that's the rule. Most of the cases sputum is negative, it's the xray that play a major part...