+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medicals Sputum Test

dpresido

Aug 3, 2023
You had got medical furtherance you have to wait for September xray. New medical will also show the same results.
Thank you so much. I had a history of TB 16 years ago and was treated. I disclosed this. So with a negative sputum test results and a Second September X ray that will still show the scars, what are my chances?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thank you so much. I had a history of TB 16 years ago and was treated. I disclosed this. So with a negative sputum test results and a Second September X ray that will still show the scars, what are my chances?
It would be a likely case that you will be asked for medical surveillance. But keep in mind it won't affect your chances.

Joel Freire

Jul 25, 2023
Good evening.

I am Brazilian and I have my visa process in progress, my wife and my 2 children have already had their visas approved.

4 months ago I was released a sputum test and also a new torax ray.

After 3 months my test was negative and my x-ray was redone, I do not have tuberculosis.

The clinic that performed my examination, sent the test and sputum and the new x-ray to IRCC 45 days ago, so far I have not had any update.

I have some doubts that I have....

Has anyone ever arrived in this mess and had their exams approved? I’m afraid they’ll request a new x-ray.

If someone has gone through this process and can share Timeline, I appreciate it.

I wish you all luck, greetings from Brazil.

odaissax

Star Member
Mar 27, 2023
Good evening.

I am Brazilian and I have my visa process in progress, my wife and my 2 children have already had their visas approved.

4 months ago I was released a sputum test and also a new torax ray.

After 3 months my test was negative and my x-ray was redone, I do not have tuberculosis.

The clinic that performed my examination, sent the test and sputum and the new x-ray to IRCC 45 days ago, so far I have not had any update.

I have some doubts that I have....

Has anyone ever arrived in this mess and had their exams approved? I’m afraid they’ll request a new x-ray.

If someone has gone through this process and can share Timeline, I appreciate it.

I wish you all luck, greetings from Brazil.
My husband went through the same thing when we first applied for study/work permit and he was put on medical surveillance. After a couple of months being in Canada, he was asked to do sputum and xrays but then nothing after. He never had to do it again and all of his succeeding work permit/pr application didn’t need him to repeat medical.

When we applied for PR, IRCC just used our old medical from 2019 and approved our application without needing to do other tests. When we received the COPR, he was given an extra document saying he still is in medical surveillance and just needs to report to the health department within 30 days. I can update you if in case he still needed xrays/sputum test now but really it shouldn’t negatively affect your application.

Reactions: omoade_lere

Joel Freire

Jul 25, 2023
My husband went through the same thing when we first applied for study/work permit and he was put on medical surveillance. After a couple of months being in Canada, he was asked to do sputum and xrays but then nothing after. He never had to do it again and all of his succeeding work permit/pr application didn’t need him to repeat medical.

When we applied for PR, IRCC just used our old medical from 2019 and approved our application without needing to do other tests. When we received the COPR, he was given an extra document saying he still is in medical surveillance and just needs to report to the health department within 30 days. I can update you if in case he still needed xrays/sputum test now but really it shouldn’t negatively affect your application.
Thank you for your help.

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023
Good day! my programi is home support caregiver, iam done with my medical this august and my xray turnout abnormal and evidence of tb present but no active PTB. iam currently working as a nurse at a public hospital, so exposure to PTB is inevitable. i dont have history of PTB. i already did my xray last May 2023 and its normal. i dont know why my xray at the clinic turnout abnormal. embassy emailed me to do additional test sputum and rpt xray after 3months (nov9). my huband and kids medical are all normal.

what is best way of collection a 1day 3 collection sputum or 3days collection?

why they didnt consider a second opinion or rpt xray prior to sputum test?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Good day! my programi is home support caregiver, iam done with my medical this august and my xray turnout abnormal and evidence of tb present but no active PTB. iam currently working as a nurse at a public hospital, so exposure to PTB is inevitable. i dont have history of PTB. i already did my xray last May 2023 and its normal. i dont know why my xray at the clinic turnout abnormal. embassy emailed me to do additional test sputum and rpt xray after 3months (nov9). my huband and kids medical are all normal.

what is best way of collection a 1day 3 collection sputum or 3days collection?

why they didnt consider a second opinion or rpt xray prior to sputum test?
As per IRCC sputum is ideally collected over 3 days.
Unfortunately IRCC will go with their medical panel opinion. This sputum and 3 months later xray is their second opinion. If it won't show any change as compared to the xray they at present have you will be cleared or otherwise medical surveillance.

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023
what do you mean by clear? they will accept my application?

what if the sputum test turns positive? what will happen next?

the clinic advise 1 day collection 1hr apart eact collection or 3day collection.

thank you for answering
im so worried with our application
its been 1yr and half since we submitted our application

As per IRCC sputum is ideally collected over 3 days.
Unfortunately IRCC will go with their medical panel opinion. This sputum and 3 months later xray is their second opinion. If it won't show any change as compared to the xray they at present have you will be cleared or otherwise medical surveillance.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
what do you mean by clear? they will accept my application?

what if the sputum test turns positive? what will happen next?

the clinic advise 1 day collection 1hr apart eact collection or 3day collection.

thank you for answering
im so worried with our application
its been 1yr and half since we submitted our application
Clear means medical pass.
If it is positive you have to go for treatment. It could be a six month treatment or longer.
Go with what the clinic is telling you to do.

Which type of application have you applied for?

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023
If it is positive you have to go for treatment. It could be a six month treatment or longer.

if it is positive i will complete the treatment here?
home support worker pilot . iam the principal applicant.
i have no history of ptb, iam currently working at the public hospital.

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023

if it is positive i will complete the treatment here?
home support worker pilot . iam the principal applicant.
i have no history of ptb, iam currently working at the public hospital.

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023
what if its positive and will undergo tb treatment, it means it will take 6-9mos of waiting again, the application will be on hold or denied?

what if the employer will expired (died)? what will happen with the application? back to zero?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
what if its positive and will undergo tb treatment, it means it will take 6-9mos of waiting again, the application will be on hold or denied?

what if the employer will expired (died)? what will happen with the application? back to zero?
If the treatment starts your application will be on hold because medical is necessary to be passed for every visa. If you never had a history of TB it might be latent. For the latent or inactive TB you need to take treatment in Canada but you will be granted a visa.
You need to relax you are overthinking.