May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
July 06, 2012<br>ND VO rec'd it..: July 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 30, 2012
Hey Everyone!

I am trying to renew my PR card. I am going through the "Required Documents" list ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp ).

My confusion is on Step 1 #4 which is described as shown below. But the very first option is "Other Income Tax assessments issued by Canada Revenue Agency within the past five (5) years"

What do they mean by "Other Income Tax assessments" ? I do have the regular "Notice of Assessment" from CRA at time of submitting my tax returns for each year. Would that be good enough? And if so, do I need to include only the most recent Notice of Assessment or for the past five years?

I guess I don't qualify for the other two options because I have been working for more than 5 years now ? (although I do have a university transcript going back more than 5 years ago).

Thank you in advance.

Here is the Step1 # 4 described in the above link:

Additional documents of proof of residence in Canada in the past five (5) years

Include the following with your application:

Photocopies of all pages of all passports you held in the past five (5) years (if your stamps are not in English or French, please have them translated, see section on Translation of documents), and

A copy of one of the following:

Other Income Tax assessments issued by Canada Revenue Agency within the past five (5) years, or
transcripts from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada verifying attendance within the past five (5) years or
for all school-aged children, written records verifying attendance within the past five (5) years.

If you are unable to provide two secondary identity documents or proof of residence as described above, include a signed and dated statutory declaration clearly explaining the reasons why.

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
July 06, 2012<br>ND VO rec'd it..: July 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 30, 2012
steaky said:
Include your Notice of Assessments for the past five.
Thanks.
So... Five years of Notice of Assessments is the proof of residence in Canada? I just want to make sure it suffices one of the requirements mentioned in the document checklist - "Photocopy of additional documents of proof of residence in Canada. See section "Step 1. Gather Documents" in the instruction guide.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indocan said:
Hey Everyone!

I am trying to renew my PR card. I am going through the "Required Documents" list ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp ).

My confusion is on Step 1 #4 which is described as shown below. But the very first option is "Other Income Tax assessments issued by Canada Revenue Agency within the past five (5) years"

What do they mean by "Other Income Tax assessments" ? I do have the regular "Notice of Assessment" from CRA at time of submitting my tax returns for each year. Would that be good enough? And if so, do I need to include only the most recent Notice of Assessment or for the past five years?
One of the secondary documents to be sumbitted is the most recent notice of Income Tax assessment. If you don't have it then submit 'other' tax assessments that you have. This scenario applies say where the PR Renewal is in December...you would not really have a recent notice as this would be for the previous tax year or where you may have declared non resident tax status for part of the 5 years to renewal or maybe not even filed taxes.

indocan said:
Thanks.
So... Five years of Notice of Assessments is the proof of residence in Canada? I just want to make sure it suffices one of the requirements mentioned in the document checklist - "Photocopy of additional documents of proof of residence in Canada. See section "Step 1. Gather Documents" in the instruction guide.
Its an additional requirement to those of a copy of a primary document and two secondary documents.

Notice of Tax assessments are on their own not conclusive proof that you were physically resident in Canada. CIC consider your application on the whole ..if they are not satisfied they can always give you a Residence Questionnaire or call you in for interview. The documentation requested in the guide is in effect a mini RQ submission - all passport pages will show your entries/ exits from Canada and the tax info helps clarify employment or otherwise in Canada.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To make it better what I,did. I also have sent few recent copies of my pay stubs. With last 5yrs. Notice of Assesment