+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional documentation or information required for Spousal Open Work Permit

techbros022

Mar 21, 2024
hi guys, my wife submitted an application for Spousal Open work permit. She was sent a letter for additional document, basically proof of relationship to the primary applicant, proof of funds and proof of school registration. My question is, all these documents were included in the initial application, and they are all up to date, so why is IRCC requesting for the documents again? Can anyone help please? And we have 7 days to submit them.
Could it be legibility of the documents or whay?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi guys, my wife submitted an application for Spousal Open work permit. She was sent a letter for additional document, basically proof of relationship to the primary applicant, proof of funds and proof of school registration. My question is, all these documents were included in the initial application, and they are all up to date, so why is IRCC requesting for the documents again? Can anyone help please? And we have 7 days to submit them.
Could it be legibility of the documents or whay?
Were documents not legible? Are you a student (Program, when did you start studies, when did you apply for study permit)?

techbros022

Mar 21, 2024
Were documents not legible? Are you a student (Program, when did you start studies, when did you apply for study permit)?
I am a full time student current registered to a 2 PGWP Masters program. Started January 2023 and applied for studies permit - oct 2022. The docs look legible to me. Just wondering why the VO would request for the same docs that was already included as part of the client information docs. Or is something else expected of me/us? Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a full time student current registered to a 2 PGWP Masters program. Started January 2023 and applied for studies permit - oct 2022. The docs look legible to me. Just wondering why the VO would request for the same docs that was already included as part of the client information docs. Or is something else expected of me/us? Thank you
When did your spouse apply for SOWP.

techbros022

Mar 21, 2024
What did you show for funds? IRCC may be looking for funds given new POF that began in January. Resend all the documents
I submitted an account statement with an equivalent of $13,000CAD from my own account with a letter of support for her SOWP. Can I resubmit same account statement?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I submitted an account statement with an equivalent of $13,000CAD from my own account with a letter of support for her SOWP. Can I resubmit same account statement?
But that would just be the minimum amount for 2 people under old 2023 rules. You applied in February when new POF were in place. This may the issue with IRCC. Resubmit bank statements and wait and seee.