+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to application

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
I have a question.

I am in Canada and applied for PR under Ontario Provincial Nominee stream. Now there is status change and I would like to add my wife to application. My wife is back in home country. Where do I submit her documents/ Canada or home country embassy.

Arora17

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
Med's Request
21-09-2011
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
hs202 said:
I have a question.

I am in Canada and applied for PR under Ontario Provincial Nominee stream. Now there is status change and I would like to add my wife to application. My wife is back in home country. Where do I submit her documents/ Canada or home country embassy.
You have got to let the Visa office know , where ur application is that ur status has changed and that u would like to know what additional documents are needed.
Then u have to notify ur Nomination province about ur change in status as well.
The Visa office will let you know what all documents are needed and u will submit all the documents in the same visa office where ur file is right now.
When there is a status change, U HAVE TO NOFITY THE OFFICE. otherwise you are lying on the application.
Hope it helps.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Thanks Arora.
I will definitely do that. In fact I already gave them heads up and asked for what documents that need to be submitted. I got no reply from them

Why do I need to inform Province? I already have nomination letter from them and in process of getting federal immigration.

Arora17

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
Med's Request
21-09-2011
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
hs202 said:
Thanks Arora.
I will definitely do that. In fact I already gave them heads up and asked for what documents that need to be submitted. I got no reply from them

Why do I need to inform Province? I already have nomination letter from them and in process of getting federal immigration.
Thats what my thought process was , But my Vo asked me for evidence that i have notified my province about the change in status . SO.. no harm doing it , Its just to make sure that u dont leave any stone unturned

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Thanks Arora for your help. That is really really helpful.

Here is what I am planning to do.

Send out email indicating that I am married after my marriage. In that email I mention that I am planning to submit XYZ documents and ask they need more. I wil wait for couple of weeks. If I dont hear back, I will just submit the documents. Do I also submit the fee also (processing and PR fee?)

What happened in your case. Can you please please share the documents they requested from you. Did yiou have to refill your own application altogether again? How much time did they take to reply about the documents needed