+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

milahannes

Nov 19, 2021
Hi guys, my AOR is March 2022, and I received the RFV email on March 7 2023.
However, I got married in March and sent the documents to IRCC via webform on March 31st 2023.
One week later they sent an email confirming they received the documents.

I had no updates after this.
What has been the timeline after adding a spouse? More than 8 months?
Giving you guys a follow up.
I received a message in my portal saying:
"Final Decision: July 6...Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

It looks like they are processing it faster.
It also might be because My AOR is March 2022 and they approved my application on March 7th 2023.
But then I got married and sent them the documents on March 31st 2023.
I also called them to confirm if they had received my documents after 5 days.

After 3 months, in June they asked for husband's biometrics, POF and Relationship Questionnaire.
I sent them and after +-10 days I received this Final Decision message in the portal.
I think I'll be receiving the PPR at the end of July or August.

Best luck to everyone!

Jun 20, 2023
Giving you guys a follow up.
I received a message in my portal saying:
"Final Decision: July 6...Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

It looks like they are processing it faster.
It also might be because My AOR is March 2022 and they approved my application on March 7th 2023.
But then I got married and sent them the documents on March 31st 2023.
I also called them to confirm if they had received my documents after 5 days.

After 3 months, in June they asked for husband's biometrics, POF and Relationship Questionnaire.
I sent them and after +-10 days I received this Final Decision message in the portal.
I think I'll be receiving the PPR at the end of July or August.

Best luck to everyone!
Same case. Uploaded my documents in March. Now will be uploading my spouse documents i.e. medical, biometrics and POF. I will uploading these soon. I don’t know what happens next and how much time it will take

Migueltravellover

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
In terms of next steps and how long it takes, have you considered checking in a tracker? I’ve used this one for my case last year and found it to be pretty solid: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-spousal-sponsorship-tracker. Plus you can ask other members who applied at the same time as you if they’re experiencing a similar process. Best of luck, hope you get it soon!
Same case. Uploaded my documents in March. Now will be uploading my spouse documents i.e. medical, biometrics and POF. I will uploading these soon. I don’t know what happens next and how much time it will take

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
I have seen most people just ask questions but never reply once they are done with their PR. So, I wanted to provide complete timeline to all the forums that were helpful in my journey. Hope the below timeline helps. You can shoot me with any questions that you have.

• 2/2/2022 – AINP Nomination (Got NOI in Sep-2021 and Nomination in February-2022)
• In March – ITA
• 4/2/22 - Application sent
• 6/16/22 - Biometric request
• 6/16/22 - Medical passed
• 7/8/22 - Biometrics submitted

December got married and notified IRCC through webform in January. Received a letter from IRCC in May-23 asking for documents of wife along with medical receipt. We did not have a UCI # for my wife. So, we figured we will do a upfront medical and upload the receipt.

5/23/23 - Submitted all documents
6/2/23 - They added dependent in the IRCC portal and we got the email stating documents are uploaded.
6/7/23 - IRCC updated passes medical
6/14/23 - Wife BIL request (scheduled for 6/30/23)
6/30/23 - Wife BIL complete
6/15/23 - Self (Eligibility pass)
7/19/23- Final Decision changed to processing on GC key
7/21/23 - Received PPR
7/22/23 - Sent passports to Ottawa, CA (Shoot any questions how to send your passport to Ottawa with photos and cover letter)
7/24/23 - Passport Delivered
7/26/23 - Sent a webform on 7/26/23 stating I have upcoming international travel
7/27/23 - Got response agent doesn't have information about the case
7/28/23 - Counterfoil and Application Approved
7/31/23 - CIC requested for new Fedex label since i had both to and from address as my address
8/2/23 - Fedex label activated
8/3/23 - Passport out for delivery

Now have to plan for a soft landing

Jun 20, 2023
I have seen most people just ask questions but never reply once they are done with their PR. So, I wanted to provide complete timeline to all the forums that were helpful in my journey. Hope the below timeline helps. You can shoot me with any questions that you have.

• 2/2/2022 – AINP Nomination (Got NOI in Sep-2021 and Nomination in February-2022)
• In March – ITA

December got married and notified IRCC through webform in January. Received a letter from IRCC in May-23 asking for documents of wife along with medical receipt. We did not have a UCI # for my wife. So, we figured we will do a upfront medical and upload the receipt.

6/2/23 - They added dependent in the IRCC portal and we got the email stating documents are uploaded.
7/21/23 - Received PPR
7/22/23 - Sent passports to Ottawa, CA (Shoot any questions how to send your passport to Ottawa with photos and cover letter)
7/26/23 - Sent a webform on 7/26/23 stating I have upcoming international travel
7/31/23 - CIC requested for new Fedex label since i had both to and from address as my address

Thank you for such a detailed response. It extremely helpful and very few people reply after they receive their PPR.

smilyalp

Jul 15, 2023
Hi all. My PR is in process now(FSW O). I’m in a plan to land as PR in Canada & come back to my native after obtaining PR card inorder get married & sponsor my spouse thereafter. Is that a good option or if I get married during the process & add a dependant, will it delay my PR process. Which would be the better decision?

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hello, just to give everyone hope, I was one of the people posting here a lot and worrying about my case too much... I applied in July 2020, COVID hit us and so got approved in Jan 2023, and landed just a few days ago. Best of luck to everyone and don't worry much, it will come around sooner than you think.

Reactions: milahannes

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
@maghool71 can you share your landing experience. Did you do soft landing or moved permanently?
We landed but we're returning to our country after receiving our cards. The airport experience was very smooth and all the officers were very respectful and helpful. We didn't declare any goods to follow but there was the option.

Teeolo

Jul 2, 2023

• In March – ITA

7/21/23 - Received PPR

Hello, was your application inland or Outland? Also, can you guide on how to send passport to Ottawa

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Hello, was your application inland or Outland? Also, can you guide on how to send passport to Ottawa
@Teeolo It was outland. See the link below that shows where and how to send the passport to Ottawa.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

These are the options that i chose on fedex website. Please create a profile , without that you wont be able to create a return label with sender information as CIC.
1. Documents
2. Personal Document
3. I want fedex to help me create a commercial invoice
4. Customs value 1
5. Send trade documents to customes electronically ( recommended)
6. Declaration will be printed and attached

Let me know if you have any questions.

Make sure you send commercial invoice and the sender information in the return label should be CIC per the link above.

Teeolo

Jul 2, 2023
Thank you very much! Please did you send your passport from outside Canada to Ottawa? I’m currently visiting in Canada and want to know if I can submit my passport to Ottawa for copr or I’ve to go back to my country of residence.
@Teeolo It was outland. See the link below that shows where and how to send the passport to Ottawa.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

These are the options that i chose on fedex website. Please create a profile , without that you wont be able to create a return label with sender information as CIC.
1. Documents
2. Personal Document
3. I want fedex to help me create a commercial invoice
4. Customs value 1
5. Send trade documents to customes electronically ( recommended)
6. Declaration will be printed and attached

Let me know if you have any questions.

Make sure you send commercial invoice and the sender information in the return label should be CIC per the link above.

Tamseel

Dec 3, 2021
Hello guys,

I added my spouse post Aor

just want to know how long does it take to get PPR after submitting spouse biometrics.

All stages for spouse completed except Security as per the IRCC agents over the phone

My timeline is as follows

STREAM - CEC - OUTLAND , VO - KITCHENER , SVO - VANCOUVER

MULTIPLE PHONE CALLS , EMAILS , WEBFORMS , GCMS NOTES.

ITA - 09 NOV 22
AOR - 10 NOV 22
GU1 - 25 NOV 22
GU2 - 27 JAN 23
REMED REQUEST - 28 MAR 23
REMED PASSED - 5 APR 23
PORTAL EMAIL FOR PA - 14 APR 23
WEBFORM TO ADD SPOUSE - 25 MAY 23
ADR FOR SPOUSE - 28 JULY 23
DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED - 1 AUG 23
DOCUMENTS RECEIVED BY IRCC- 10 AUG 23
BIL FOR SPOUSE - 12 SEP 23
BIOMETRICS SUBMITTED - 18 SEP 23

Additionally,

My spouse's

Medicals. - passed
Criminality -complete
Info sharing - completed
Security - in progress

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello guys,

I added my spouse post Aor

just want to know how long does it take to get PPR after submitting spouse biometrics.

All stages for spouse completed except Security as per the IRCC agents over the phone

My timeline is as follows

STREAM - CEC - OUTLAND , VO - KITCHENER , SVO - VANCOUVER

MULTIPLE PHONE CALLS , EMAILS , WEBFORMS , GCMS NOTES.

ITA - 09 NOV 22
AOR - 10 NOV 22
GU1 - 25 NOV 22
GU2 - 27 JAN 23
REMED REQUEST - 28 MAR 23
REMED PASSED - 5 APR 23
PORTAL EMAIL FOR PA - 14 APR 23
WEBFORM TO ADD SPOUSE - 25 MAY 23
ADR FOR SPOUSE - 28 JULY 23
DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED - 1 AUG 23
DOCUMENTS RECEIVED BY IRCC- 10 AUG 23
BIL FOR SPOUSE - 12 SEP 23
BIOMETRICS SUBMITTED - 18 SEP 23

Additionally,

My spouse's

Medicals. - passed
Criminality -complete
Info sharing - completed
Security - in progress
Yeah well, the only realistic answer you can get is that it takes however long it takes.

There are no set timelines, hence, it can and will vary widely depending on many factors that probably no one knows what they are.

Just be patient and wait, that's all you can do.

You seem to be in the final stages.