+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

kkansaria

Jul 22, 2021
Hi All. I am a CEC applicant and I've informed IRCC about my marriage and they've asked me to send the below documents via email.
Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse or CLP
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

I have few questions on IMM 0008 and IMM 5406.
1) Do I have to fill 2 separate applications for myself and my wife or just adding dependent info in IMM 0008 will do?
2) As I fall under Economic class(CEC), if I have to fill out a separate IMM 0008 for my spouse does she also fall under the same category?
2) For 5406, I already filled my family members details during my CEC application, so do I have to fill it again?
3) Can my wife take upfront medical exam?

Thanks in advance
Hi bro ,

I had few question , could you please help

what is the current processing time if I add my spouse after AOR . And also if I raise a webform submitting all the documents upfront with fee payment saying that I am married and want to add my spouse what would be the processing time including webform acceptance till the ecopr .

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Received ADR on May 04, they need..

1. My spouse to submit her biometrics
2. Updated PoF
3. Updated Schedule A (from Me)
4. PCC (from Me)
5. Re-medical (as mine expired last month)
@rajmehta1871982 what updates they asked in schedule A. Was this not submitted earlier. My medical is also expired. Do you think when my spouse is getting her medical i should be doing mine as well?
Same with PCC, was that expired? Why they are asking it again?
POF --Did you not give the POF in the initial submission?

milahannes

Nov 19, 2021
Hi guys, my AOR is March 2022, and I received the RFV email on March 7 2023.
However, I got married in March and sent the documents to IRCC via webform on March 31st 2023.
One week later they sent an email confirming they received the documents.

I had no updates after this.
What has been the timeline after adding a spouse? More than 8 months?

rajmehta1871982

Dec 28, 2021
Hi guys, my AOR is March 2022, and I received the RFV email on March 7 2023.
However, I got married in March and sent the documents to IRCC via webform on March 31st 2023.
One week later they sent an email confirming they received the documents.

I had no updates after this.
What has been the timeline after adding a spouse? More than 8 months?
soon your spouse's name should appear on your portal. They will check your spouse's documents and ask for more if they need something. Heard the entire process takes around 6 months.

Reactions: milahannes

Kirtan123

Jun 4, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I applied under PNP in SK and Received my Portal 1 month back and updated Marital status with all additional documents on May 29 (includes Medical, PCC too).
Just wanted to know how much time it takes to process my ecopr along with my spouse.
Thank You

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
I have submitted all my spouse documents on 23rd May except for Indian PCC which was delayed. Received Indian PCC on 6/2/23 and submitted right away. My spouse name showed up on the portal today and UCI was allocated.

Background check change from "Processing" to "N/A"
Medical was updated as Passed on tracker

Any one know what the "N/A" mean for background check.

Also, is there a way to check the progress on dependent file separately with the new UCI provided.

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Great news guys --all my eligibility, medical, biometrics, background verification shows passed on application tracker. I think finally they double checked my POF documents and approved my eligibility.

Now my spouse has to provide biometrics and her verification and eligibility will begin.

Jun 20, 2023
I am 3 nov 18 aor and got married in January 2019. I uploaded all my spouses documents by 27 feb.
Haven’t heard from them after that.
Does anyone know how long it takes post addition of spouse?
I am in a similar situation. I submitted all my documents in February 2023 and I have not heard from them yet.

Jun 20, 2023
I have submitted my spouse documents in February 2023. I have not heard anything from ircc since then. what should I expect? How long can it take to add my spouse to my file?

milahannes

Nov 19, 2021
I have submitted my spouse documents in February 2023. I have not heard anything from ircc since then. what should I expect? How long can it take to add my spouse to my file?
My AOR is March 2022.
I Submitted my wedding updates in March 2023 and today I received the biometric letter for my husband and another letter asking to fulfill the relationship questionnaire and send the updated Proof of Funds, although in March I had already sent a Letter of Explanation telling our story and providing photos.

I'm so tired of this bureaucracy, almost giving up...but I'll run after the documents, spend more money with translations, send it and wish for the best. :rolleyes: Keep strong and don't stop living your life waiting for this.

Jun 20, 2023
My AOR is March 2022.
I Submitted my wedding updates in March 2023 and today I received the biometric letter for my husband and another letter asking to fulfill the relationship questionnaire and send the updated Proof of Funds, although in March I had already sent a Letter of Explanation telling our story and providing photos.

I'm so tired of this bureaucracy, almost giving up...but I'll run after the documents, spend more money with translations, send it and wish for the best. :rolleyes: Keep strong and don't stop living your life waiting for this.
Congratulations. Little progress is always good. O am glad you received the biometrics letter.
should I raise a webform inquiring about the status. Also, which office was your file processed in?